Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gasoline, are they all the same?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say you get 93 at amoco and 93 at mobil, is that the same gas or would one be better?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

dude, that is illegal and any real gas station would not risk the legal actions taken on fraud.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so do the gas stations with higher prices have "better gas" and is it true the ones wit the real low prices mix water with their gas?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

heres an idea. sell your 86 and buy 2 bucks more worth of gas for a while. that should last you a good long time if you sell it for 1k and use .002% of that money when buying premium instead of trash.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

wow interesting facts about gas i learned today. thanks.

to the thread originator: just don't go to that gas station anymore
Old Nov 18, 2005, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

some places water down their gas also
Old Nov 18, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
heres an idea. sell your 86 and buy 2 bucks more worth of gas for a while. that should last you a good long time if you sell it for 1k and use .002% of that money when buying premium instead of trash.
Well I haven't been driving the 86 for a month now. Insurance on it got too high so I took it off. I just got a big raise, so I'll be driving it again next year once I pay off my evo.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

this guy is so stupid. It must be a piece of crap station. someone should put a law shoot on their ***
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
this guy is so stupid. It must be a piece of crap station. someone should put a law shoot on their ***
agreed...
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

The thrifty gas stations have to do something, they don't make their own or buy in huge quanities, yet have lower prices, mix with alchohol or water, something.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:21 PM

i think gas stations should have to put up a sign showing how full their underground tank is and how long ago it was re-filled. the bottom-of-the-tank gas seems to be real dirty and is very poor for your car. and if you fill up after truck just delivered more gas, without seeing the truck at the station, youre at risk of getting whatever was stirred up from the bottom of the tank during filling. i had a bad gas scare once and its not fun. just my $.02.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
You also should know that 101 octane gives you more hp and tq in a race than 93 or 87..............
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImportFan
i think gas stations should have to put up a sign showing how full their underground tank is and how long ago it was re-filled. the bottom-of-the-tank gas seems to be real dirty and is very poor for your car. and if you fill up after truck just delivered more gas, without seeing the truck at the station, youre at risk of getting whatever was stirred up from the bottom of the tank during filling. i had a bad gas scare once and its not fun. just my $.02.
The gas is filtered before it's pumped into your car.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stealth-Ghost
The thrifty gas stations have to do something, they don't make their own or buy in huge quanities, yet have lower prices, mix with alchohol or water, something.
You can't mix gas and water. Try it, notice anything?

The "thrifty gas stations" don't spend money on marketing, etc. so they can keep their prices slightly lower. The majority of big named stations are franchised and privately owned (like a McDonalds). If you own the franchise of one of the large names in oil you're going to have to pay for the rights to use and market their name putting you at a price disadvantage vs. the thrifty store.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:42 PM

i know that its supposed to be filtered but then again so is the water from my sink and i wouldnt drink that if i knew there was a problem with the filtration system. at the dealership i work for, 2 techs did some fuel sampling tests over about a 6 month period and found that 2 of our local gas stations had noticable differences in the quality of their gas after fuel deliveries to the stations. just my experience. i dont go to those stations anymore but i thought itd be worth mentioning that there might be a serious problem with gas stations filtration systems at times.

Quick Reply: Gasoline, are they all the same?