Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Funny STi story...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny STi story...

So I stopped off at the local Chevron after I got off work to go talk to one of the employee's about something. When I pulled up to the "Out Of Order" pump I noticed that there was this black STi with a younger guy with kind of puffy hair pointing my way with his hid's on. As I got out of my Evo he starts reving his motor. Uh...okay. I was in and out of the store in a min or two and when I jumped back into my car he was circling around to get behind me & he had killed his lights. I started to drive off normal and turned onto the main road (Crow Canyon in Danville) and continued to drive off normal. He pulled up along side of me and matched my speed still with his lights off! Keep in mind it's like 10:45pm. I was starting to roll down my window to tell him nah not tonight or let's meet up at Sac on the 9th when he took off. It sounded like hit the top of 2nd and lifted. I was like whatever when I saw a pair of faded yellowish lights with amber's on the inside coming up from behind pretty fast. I knew those lights! It was a Danville police car and he was right up the STi's ***! The STi still had his lights off. The cop followed him long enough to probably run his personal plate "EVOKILA" and then he made the traffic stop. I continued on by at about 35mph in a 40mph zone. There were some things wrong with this picture that made me use all the strength in the world to hold back. One my car is all stock complete with a paper filter so there was a pretty good chance I would've lost, two I am not really cool with street racing on city streets and three I know the area very well and it's a horrible place to screw off because it's crawling with cops. I am glad I listened to my gut. Hopefully the cop went easy on him. I did drive back by to go home after seeing a friend for a few minutes and he was just driving off. I just I'd share the story with you all.

Dave
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:46 AM

Sucks for him. Here in Fremont within a 3 mile radius there will be at least 2 cops. Since the crime rate is particulary low, the cops sit around and hand out tickets. Thats why u go to the track and let it loose. Good decision on ur part
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like the "evokila" is not that bright of a driver
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:35 AM

Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Good choice, sometimes it's not a good time to race, especially with this crackdown they got going down on street racing. I too agree that street racing is not always cool (but if there is nobody out on the road and your with your buddy, why not have a little fun once in awhile) but the state of California really needs to start giving street racers an alternative. I mean the dragstrips here are barely ever open for street legals, and they barely ever do any cool events like Shootouts and stuff. I think the track in New jersey is pretty much open everyday and has great events going on all the time, nothing like that over in Cali. I mean street racing will never die, but the law enforcement will not even make a dent if they don't start making more alternatives. It's like trying to crackdown on crack smokers, but then not offering any kind of treatment. Never gonna solve the problem with those policies.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

At night I always assume the car behind me is a police car.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

take his a$$ to the track and see his driving skills...i like his plates evokila i guess he wants the evo attention to woop his car.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 07:46 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

You know the story about the turtle and the rabbit?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
At night I always assume the car behind me is a police car.
werd
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

what a waste of money on a personal plate
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

someone should get a "STIKILA"
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fq340
I am willing to bet that someone already has that plate. If not I bet someone will be making a trip to the DMV soon.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fq340
That comes standard on every new evo paper plate.

I agree that area is covered with cops. Also go to the 76! The gas is much better
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

I had some duesch bag last night in a 3000GT pull up next to me in a 45mph. Then he blasted past me, got up to like 80, then slowed down until he was next to me again and punched the gas a second time. I think he was racing himself. He was taunting me or something. I don't mind racing once in a while, but people that do that kind of **** are posers and a waste of gas.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

I wish his car would have blown up. What a tard.

Quick Reply: Funny STi story...