Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oil change and service at dealer Southern California

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take it to Brainstorm Performance in Culver City

By far the best for Maintanance

The tune Evo's and STI's

Here is the web site

www.turboperformance.net
Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemacfar
dude filter and crush washer from mitsu is 7 bux... oil is like 18 bux.... your all overpaying

My mitsu dealer charges at most 65 for an oilchange, so i dont do it, also the fluids change of the diffs and stuff they wanted to charge over 400 bux.... i bought the stuff for 50 bux and did it myself @ my friends shop, it was so easy, and i didn't have those type of shavings the other owner above had, wtf did you do, launch every t ime you drove?
Yes, I was surprised at the shavings myself.
I broke the car in right and have never launched it.

Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLUE EVO702
why change your oil only 500miles on your car?i thought every 3,000 mlies or every 3 months.anyways can't change your oil at your apartment?do it yourself or go to a friends house,if not maybe a family relatives house?for me i go to my dad's house for do my oil change,wash my car and etc...
Breakin fluid changes are very important.

Recommended intervals are one thing.
Duration, weather, driving habits are another.

There is no such thing as changing your oil to much.

Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

$65 - 70 with comp. carwash (which i don't let 'em do )
Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last time I bought a 5-quart jug of Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic at Wal-Mart it was $20.17. The filter & crush washer at the parts counter is $6. If you take it to a $20 oil change place & bring your own fluids & filter they will normally knock off $4-$5. So, you shouldn't have to pay more than about $42 for everything. Not $90.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

When I brought my 05. I got the Evolution "FREE" scheduled maintence package. My oil and fluid changes are free. The tire rotation which is done as part of the inspection is also free. I brought my car at Ball Mitsubishi in National City Ca.

Now having said that, I changed the oil and filter on my car at 1000 miles, then when it was 4 months old it received the first oil change due under the scheduled maintence plan.

FWIWM2C

m~
Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:35 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Mobil 1 10W-30 at Walmart - $21
OEM filter at mitsubishiparts.net - $5
Ryno ramps at Walmart - $32 (one-time charge)
Oil canister at Walmart - $10 (one-time charge)
Magnetic oil pan plug/bolt (elmiminates crush washer) - ebay $5 (one-time charge)

Takes ~30mins in the parking lot of my condo. I don't even bother my neighbours, put the ramps very close to the curb and drive up with all the other cars around me.

Evo is the easiest car to change oil on... I had to do my Civic today and lubed everything in the engine bay since they put the stupid filter all the way in the back No spils in the parking lot tho... that plastic tray/canister from Walmart is awesome.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

i just moved to LA (Hollywood) and previously had done my oil changes myself. However I am living in an apt. now and don't have a garrage and park on the street so have no place to do the changes myself. I took it to Union Mitsubishi and they charged me $95 for the oil change. Very upsetting.... If anyone knows of a place close to Hollywood that does it for a reasonable price let me know.

I took it to a Jiffy Lube once in Ohio before I moved and brought my own oil, filtre etc. and they gave me some money off for bringing my only supplies but not what they shoud and it was still to expensive.

thanks,
-Doug
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Here is what I do. Buy the oil at Walmart or Costco. If you like, you can buy the oil filter and the gasket online or at your local mitsu dealer. If not, they should only charge you $6-$8 for the filter plus the gasket anyways. The oil is where the dealership rapes you.

Now bring your car to your local mitsu dealer and bring your oil. Now they supposely will only charge you for labor like $10, filter and gasket $8, tax, etc. So it should be a little above or about $20 + the $22/$24 of oil you got at Walmart.

I don't know about your dealerships, but I do this everytime and that is how much they charge me.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

really....you dont need to change at 500 miles..just dont beat the crap out of it...
it is FINE to get ur first oil change at 2000-3000miles...
my car runs fine..and it does not consume a drop of oil between each oil changes..
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

i suggest buying the oil and filter somewhere else and then going to super autobacs in garden grove and try talkin them into doing it for the standard 20 bucks, theyre a bunch of kids working there and kids break to pressure
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

ummm dont you guys get free oil changes and service at mitsubishi?? they changed my oil twice now and i never paid.... i have that until about 60k miles.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by macster
When I brought my 05. I got the Evolution "FREE" scheduled maintence package. My oil and fluid changes are free. The tire rotation which is done as part of the inspection is also free. I brought my car at Ball Mitsubishi in National City Ca.

Now having said that, I changed the oil and filter on my car at 1000 miles, then when it was 4 months old it received the first oil change due under the scheduled maintence plan.

FWIWM2C

m~
Can I have your "old" oil? I can get a minimum of 4000 more miles out of it that you are getting.

Keith
Old Aug 28, 2005, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

YUP

Actually, getting my old oil is a good deal. I only drive my car about 400 miles a month.

m~
Old Aug 28, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

$43 with mobil 1 at super autboacs tha's what i paid when i had my spec and $40 if i wanted amsoil instead. If anything I'd rather get my service done there

Quick Reply: Oil change and service at dealer Southern California