Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Invidia Exhaust Rocks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Invidia Exhaust Rocks

Yesterday I got an Invidia N1 cat-back exhaust for my 2005 EVO. The car barely has 800 miles on it and I just had to get an exhaust. I got a great deal on it. I got it for an unbelievable price. I got it from www.jlbmotorsports.com I am very impressed with this exhaust so far.

First, it sticks out from under the bumper. This is great since it should eliminate the soot and the burn on your bumper. A lot of people who run JDM exhausts tend to have this problem since the USDM bumper is longer than that of the JDM one. They end up having to install the Authority bumper protector.

Second, the tip is the same size as stock. This reduces the chances of bumper burn and does not attract the cops especially here in CA. Here in CA a large tip on an exhaust is sure to attract cops and the hassle of proving that the exhaust is street legal.

Third, it has a resonator on the B-pipe that is substantial to quiet the exhaust down. And it is QIUET. It is a bit louder than stock, but that is it. Almost no droning on the freeway. The sound is nice and deep, not raspy and farty.

One word of caution, though, when you install the exhaust and drive the car you will get smoke from the tailpipe untill the exhaust breaks in.

It took some pictures and I hope that I posted them correctly.

EDIT: I added this video clip of the Invidia exhaust sound

http://www.sr20deracing.com/EVO/invidia_sound.wmv
Attached Thumbnails Invidia Exhaust Rocks-exhaust_side.jpg   Invidia Exhaust Rocks-exhaust_rear.jpg   Invidia Exhaust Rocks-exhaust_resonator.jpg   Invidia Exhaust Rocks-exhaust_pipe.jpg  

Last edited by nj1266; Sep 11, 2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks clean man. ;]
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kyoichi Sudou
That looks clean man. ;]
Thanks. One more thing. I weighed the stock exhaust and it was 34.8 lbs. The Invidia weighed 18.4 lbs. So I saved 16.4 lbs. Every bit helps with this heavy car
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Nice
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good. I like that it's not obnoxiously loud, but how are the power gains?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

very nice
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

nice!!! What kind of power gains did you receieve? Noticable?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
Looks good. I like that it's not obnoxiously loud, but how are the power gains?
Thanks. I really did not want a loud exhaust on my daily driver. Loud exhaust sound good at first and then they get really annoying.

I did not dyno test, but the butt dyno tells me that I have gained a few ponies. Those that have tested with an Invidia DP and Cat-back have reported about 13 hp gain.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Thanks. I really did not want a loud exhaust on my daily driver. Loud exhaust sound good at first and then they get really annoying.

I did not dyno test, but the butt dyno tells me that I have gained a few ponies. Those that have tested with an Invidia DP and Cat-back have reported about 13 hp gain.
I'm not looking for a loud exhaust either. This sounds like a cool setup. Do feel more power just on the topend or is it all across the board? Also, don't forget to reset the ECU.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Stupid question... Is your cat back emissions legal. By that I mean does it have the hole for the O2 sensor, and therefore wont give a CEL?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

also, how'd u get it so cheap. They are listed on that website for $454?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
I'm not looking for a loud exhaust either. This sounds like a cool setup. Do feel more power just on the topend or is it all across the board? Also, don't forget to reset the ECU.
It is a very nice set-up for those who like their exhaust on the mellow side. I do not know if it will become louder once I install a downpipe. I have not driven the car a lot with the exhaust, but so far my butt dyno tells me that the power is in the mid range and more to the top end. Yeah, I need to disconnect the battery for about 30 min to reset the ECU.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigfishs
Stupid question... Is your cat back emissions legal. By that I mean does it have the hole for the O2 sensor, and therefore wont give a CEL?
Yes it is emission leagl and has an O2 bung in the B-pipe. It is a two piece exhaust
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigfishs
also, how'd u get it so cheap. They are listed on that website for $454?
http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/ gave me the best price despite what their web site said. I was local, so I did not have to pay shipping, but I had to pay taxes so it evens out. Give them a call and see if they can hook you up. They are super nice and they own STI's to boot.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

awesome. thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Invidia Exhaust Rocks