Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

best exhaust for evo's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisblueevo
which exhaust catback has the best combination of sound and horsepower gain? I just got a 05 and there are some many exhaust to choose from
try a veilside teardrop titanium
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Turbo XS RFL Ti. Build quality is amazing. With the titanium tip. Which is not loud at all. Very Deep
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't believe so many people recommend these Titanium exhausts when they cost more for a cat-back than an entire TBE. You get minimal weight savings and NO POWER GAIN. Who cares about the tip? You can get the tip burned without it being titanium...that's just a gimmick that is not worth paying for.

If you are only getting a cat-back, then there's really no reason to get anything besides the Megan 3" or the Logic Performance 3", because they are very inexpensive, look nice, sound nice, and make the same horsepower as any cat-back, which is not very much...
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Megan ^^I agree with what Warrtalon said.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I can't believe so many people recommend these Titanium exhausts when they cost more for a cat-back than an entire TBE. You get minimal weight savings and NO POWER GAIN. Who cares about the tip? You can get the tip burned without it being titanium...that's just a gimmick that is not worth paying for.

If you are only getting a cat-back, then there's really no reason to get anything besides the Megan 3" or the Logic Performance 3", because they are very inexpensive, look nice, sound nice, and make the same horsepower as any cat-back, which is not very much...

WOW, i Love your posts, all you do is tell everyone their opinnion sucks but yours is the best. You choose an EBAY exhaust to put on a $30,000 car. Obviously you can't afford a titanium exhasut and have NO firsthand experience with it to make ANY comments about them.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

hks hipower not annoying on long road trips.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

What about the B&B exhaust? I've been searching and reading forever too and Buschur has been my first choice but lately I'm leaning toward the B&B. I think the Buschur will be too loud for my tastes.

Anyone have opinions on the B&B exhaust?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
That's easy. What ever exhaust the person posting has is the best. It's not like this has been covered before. LOL
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1BADASSEVO8
WOW, i Love your posts, all you do is tell everyone their opinnion sucks but yours is the best.
x2

love the sig BTW
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

WOW, i Love your posts, all you do is tell everyone their opinnion sucks but yours is the best. You choose an EBAY exhaust to put on a $30,000 car. Obviously you can't afford a titanium exhasut and have NO firsthand experience with it to make ANY comments about them.
I wish I drove an MR with all Megan parts on it
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's mine
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Evolu...QQcmdZViewItem
fits great sounds great performance is unbelievable, all ss even the flanges. Go spend a G-note on the same thing you could have for $200
Old Aug 30, 2005, 07:41 AM

RMR here, its awesome!!
Old Aug 30, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur makes a very good exhaust. The reason for this is mostly in the design, it is a very straight exhaust, few bends and a full 3" system. This really allows you to squeeze out a good amount of power. It is light but loud and cheap!

If you are set on titanium, the JIC Magic Ti is really the best bang for your buck. It isn't really worth it over the Buschur exhaust, but if you are set on being JDM titanium as ****, look for this one. Full 80mm and very straight for max gains.

If you are made of money, you want the Powerhouse Amuse Titan exhaust. Just look at it and you will see why.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have an Ebay exhaust, I have a Megan exhaust. I can certainly afford a titanium exhaust, but why would I want to spend more money on an exhaust than I've spent on all my mods combined only to get no additional benefit? Why would anyone need firsthand experience about a titanium exhaust to make any comments? It's not rocket science, man...it's an exhaust. They don't make more power; they're just lighter. So what?

I also didn't tell "everyone their opinion sucks." I said that there's no reason to suggest any titanium exhausts unless the guy only cares about the extra 8lbs of weight savings and doesn't care about excessive cost.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 08:55 AM

I have the B&B downpipe, ultimate racing test pipe, and B&B catback. I love the setup. My evo is my daily driver so I didn't want an exhaust that was really loud. The exhaust is pretty quiet at idle and has a good sound at WOT. I like the B&B alot.

Quick Reply: best exhaust for evo's