Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

c-west front bumper or type-c retain undertray?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-west front bumper or type-c retain undertray?

Does the c-west front bumper or the type-c front bumper from streetconcept retain the facotry undertray? If not, what did some of you out there with this front bumper use?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

ohhh yeah i wanna know to!!!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

bump for any answers or ideas?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Any info on this?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

any body got any input??
Old Aug 31, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

no.(i'm a type C owner) , the undertray sux anywayz
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:25 AM

I have the C-West kit. I still use the stock undertray, bolts right up.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:17 PM

I have the Type C bumper from Streetconcept. It is being installed today at a local bodyshop. You must remove the crash bar but the under tray stays. Streetconcept sales people gave me bad info. They said that the crash bar does not need to be removed. But in reality it has to be removed otherwise the bumper won't fit. Also, on a different thread, " EVO8 Type C FULL BODY KIT NOW IN STOCK" post 22 and 23. Streetconcept wrote "stock undertray, stock beam just like OEM." The stock beam must refer to something else, cause it don't mean front crash bar. I hope vendors can be straight up when we inquire about their products. The only kudos for Streetconcept is their price and prompt shipping. The quality of the Type C bumper was so-so.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2EvoKids
I have the Type C bumper from Streetconcept. It is being installed today at a local bodyshop. You must remove the crash bar but the under tray stays. Streetconcept sales people gave me bad info. They said that the crash bar does not need to be removed. But in reality it has to be removed otherwise the bumper won't fit. Also, on a different thread, " EVO8 Type C FULL BODY KIT NOW IN STOCK" post 22 and 23. Streetconcept wrote "stock undertray, stock beam just like OEM." The stock beam must refer to something else, cause it don't mean front crash bar. I hope vendors can be straight up when we inquire about their products. The only kudos for Streetconcept is their price and prompt shipping. The quality of the Type C bumper was so-so.

yeah, most bodykits require that crash bar removal....anyway, how's the fitment issue with the type-C kit? any major problems? cause I'm in the market for the front/sides and was hoping to install it myself and have the bodyshop paint it for me...?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by djskyy
yeah, most bodykits require that crash bar removal....anyway, how's the fitment issue with the type-C kit? any major problems? cause I'm in the market for the front/sides and was hoping to install it myself and have the bodyshop paint it for me...?
2 minor fitment issues. 1) My VIS carbon fiber hood doesn't close very well. It is because the Type-C bumper is slightly higher on the top side and cause a small interference with the hood. After much adjustment, the hood closes but is slightly bulging near the leading edge next to the fenders. 2) There is a gap under both headlight housing. Can't really notice it but its there. Attached a picture for you to see.
Attached Thumbnails c-west front bumper or type-c retain undertray?-new-bumper.jpg  
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for all your input, this will help out alot!