Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bride zeta 3 - fitment question from other evo owners with them

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2005, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bride zeta 3 - fitment question from other evo owners with them

i was wondering for those who have the bride zeta 3, how much lower do they sit than stock seats? i heard it was about 2" with the max lowest setting on the FG rails.

im about 5'9, 30" waist, and about 158 lbs. i figured this would be perfect for me as a daily driver / track seat, but i read somewhere that a guy about my size thought it was too loose and was sliding? i thought bride was made for tiny japanese people?

any owners please comment on this! thanks
Old Sep 1, 2005, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

im very close to ur size, and i have the sparco evo seat. pretty much PERFECT fit. using the kidney cushions as well. it makes u sit in the seat and never move.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
for running large seats in evo you must take into consideration that if you place the seat directly where the stocker was (centered) you'll run into the shoulder bolster clearance. you might wanna look into the bride seats with one half shoulder bolster and one full sized so you can clear the b pillar after you slide the seat back.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

i see what you're saying. the zeta 3 im getting is not the zeta 3 L, but the regular one. i think its the artis or exas that have a half shoulder bolster. hopefully there shouldn't be a problem with that
Old Sep 1, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
well... i'm not sayin' yer fat... it's just that the holding monster company usually makes really large bolsters, i only added the info cuz my friend with an rx7 could not get his to fit without hitting the door :[
Old Sep 2, 2005, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I have a Zeta III and my friend has a Zeta III Type-L.

I am 5'8 and a 31 waist. You will definitely want the Zeta III. The Zeta III Type-L has a bit more waist room but the shoulders are too high. Yes, you will be a bit lower due to seating position and rails, it might take a bit of getting used to, but it isn't too bad after a while. I wouldnt worry about the B pillar, if we are the same height we probably have a similar seating position and that hasn't been a concern for me at all.

So yeah, the seating is a good 2"-3" or so lower depending on the rails you get, but it is manageable. It is also nice for helmet clearance
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

sweet - thanks for the detailed response. i ordered one already and am waiting to put it in soon i guess the Bride Vios would have been overkill for my height, with the even lower position than the Zeta III.

Originally Posted by Tsurara
I have a Zeta III and my friend has a Zeta III Type-L.

I am 5'8 and a 31 waist. You will definitely want the Zeta III. The Zeta III Type-L has a bit more waist room but the shoulders are too high. Yes, you will be a bit lower due to seating position and rails, it might take a bit of getting used to, but it isn't too bad after a while. I wouldnt worry about the B pillar, if we are the same height we probably have a similar seating position and that hasn't been a concern for me at all.

So yeah, the seating is a good 2"-3" or so lower depending on the rails you get, but it is manageable. It is also nice for helmet clearance
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by d3wu
sweet - thanks for the detailed response. i ordered one already and am waiting to put it in soon i guess the Bride Vios would have been overkill for my height, with the even lower position than the Zeta III.
Yeah, If you were 6 feet I'd say go for it, but the Vios might be a bit too much.