Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Build Your Dream EVO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2004, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by astondg
1) The Galant VR-4 engine (2.5L, 6 Cylinder, twin turbo) with GDI. This was said above, but also with MIVEC. I think that engine had two same sized turbos that acted together giving good response but less higher rpm power. Maybe one small and one large turbo should be considered to keep the higher rpm power that the Evolution has now. Target 320BHP or more

2) I think the Evolution could go to 2 doors but keep the 4 seats (with similar leg room). Mainly because it looks sportier and reduces weight. Obviously this is going away from the traditional Lancer Evolution and taking away some of it's usefulness which is a bad point.

3) Higher quality interior helped with the inclusion of the LCD screen for navigation/radio/DVD etc. as mentioned above. Maybe it could be used for extra instruments as in the Skyline R34 GTR (and mayb previous models?). I know this isn't what the lancer is about but even a slight increase to bring it up to the STI level would be enough. At the moment it looks like things are missing or have been added on after it was built (like the radio).

4) Sell it in every country they can at the cheapest price they can and take back the market from the STI.

5) Maybe they should just bring back the GTO?

Aston
They did bring back the GTO!
Old Oct 4, 2004, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Here is my list:

1. 305hp/305ft/lb torque stock.
2. The state of the art drive train missing in action here.
3. Cruise control (sorry but I like it)
4. 6 Speed transmission
5. A clutch that balances longevity with power delivery.
6. All gouging dealers are used as surrogates on Fear Factor for the "eat a horses rectum" stunt.
7. EVO 7 tail-lights
8. end of list

Speedlimit.........
A note : The stock evo can NEVER exceed 280bhp because of an agreement made that Mitsubishi and some other Manufacturas that they would not produce cars that exceed 280bhp...sad...sad...
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
They did bring back the GTO!

im thinking he meant the mitsu GTO... ie 3000gt
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wrcevo
A note : The stock evo can NEVER exceed 280bhp because of an agreement made that Mitsubishi and some other Manufacturas that they would not produce cars that exceed 280bhp...sad...sad...

ooo i thought it was a regulation in japan or something....those bastards...

well they cheat anyway with the FQ series so i guess its okay...as long as we get them here too
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

simple, all i want is to get the air as cool as possible, then get it in as quick as possible, then get it out as efficent as possible. now, is that so much to ask?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

as mentioned 300/300 hp/lb 6 speed nicer interior better clutch make the aluminum roof standard (lighten car and lower center of gravity) add side vents into the fenders and or sides of the hood (evo 7 hood) AYC and ACD would be nice as well.

But truthfully if the price goes much above 30k it will price itself out of the market it created I'm seeing that happen with the STi currently being sold around 37-41 at most dealers.