Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold Evo, Here's a Story of my Experience

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My 03 runs great on my 3rd cluth but thats how I drive.......I drive it hard.....
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 here, no problems....no p0300 either.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
this kid doesn't know anything...........

He tried 10 different BOV, most were probably VTA

and took 7 days to do a clutch job. Duh
Kinda harsh, but yea...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

what if i tried bov's in vta? ever heard of evo's running fine vta dumbass? its called experimenting and thats what i was doing...yea so? what if i've never done a clutch job on an evo. It really took that long cuz i was only the helpin hand to a dumb mechanic who thought he knew wht he was doin...dumb kid

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
this kid doesn't know anything...........

He tried 10 different BOV, most were probably VTA

and took 7 days to do a clutch job. Duh
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

in no way am i bashing the Evo, dont some of u get the point of this thread? I miss the Evo to death i even went to a dealer to check the 05s out. as for the 03' comment, why not just get a 05 to avoid all the possible problems? I mean if u can afford it.. Plus u want IC sprayer instead of ACD? 03's have been known to have had numerous TC problems as well. You're right, i probably should've never bought it used..i was doin a friend a favor. Reason i sold it is cuz this is not the time to own a car like that. I will probably be getting a IX in the near future.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
. Immediately replaced the clutch with ACT HDSS with a new OEM flywheel and learned my lesson as i asked a "experienced" mechanic to do the job as I helped...BAD MOVe. Nightmare. Took 7 days total 8hr shifts and my car was not in the best shape.
Well you put in that it was an experienced mechanic which signifys that he was certified or something close to it. Not some kid that you now claim you gave a helping hand too. Get your story straight unless your willin to get bashed for making comments about your 40hr clutch install.

A true "experienced" mechanic would get it done in no more than 10 hours which book calls for.

Sorry you miss the evo and hope you get one soon, but i see why others bash for making comments bout the 03 bashing... you loved your evo but hate it in the same regards.. Oh well.......... you'll get back on that high horse sooner or later maybe.. good luck
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

^^^..."experienced". If u know what those 2 quotation marks mean then u'll get my drift... yes ur exactly right i loved my evo the fact that it was a Evo but hated it that it had so many problems more than just "normal" problems. Problems really related to 03 Evos...i was previously planning on trading it for an 05 but ended up just sellin it.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about your experience bro. next time get a new one adn you wont have as much bad luck with it.