Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Victory in Traffic Court !!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kelmar, I think your going a little overboard....

6am on a clear highway? who are you causing harm to? Am I going to inconvenience you in some harmful way doing that?

give me a break. You probably do the same

besides... didn't he pay for the crime by taking all that time to fight the ticket?

Originally Posted by kelmar
IMO... if you did the crime, pay the time (or money)
Old Sep 2, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

i got s similar ticket...wish me luck!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 07:59 PM
byt
Evolving Member

well despite the negativity, congrats
Old Sep 2, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
Kelmar, I think your going a little overboard....

6am on a clear highway? who are you causing harm to? Am I going to inconvienace you in some harmful way doing that?

give me a break. You probably do the same

besides... didn't he pay for the crime by taking all that time to fight the ticket?
I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same, though I rarely speed. I'm saying that if I was caught I would accept the result of my actions (regardless of how I felt about the situation).
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kelmar
Well, you tell us that you squeezed your way (or were going to squeeze your way) out of a ticket that you deserved on a technicality. Did you expect an applause???

The way I see it, if I didn't want to pay the extra grand then I would stop speeding.
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!! I see my mistake now.

I must have posted this thread on the PRIUS-OWNER'S BOARD, not EVOM.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I'm an attorney, not an idiot. The defense was that in Calif., when an officer determines speed using the pacing method and his speedometer, the speedo must be calibrated. I conducted pre-trial discovery and found out that the state planned to introduce a piece of paper that purported to be a speedo calibration form. It was not certified, it was done by a non-government agency, and it was highly unlikely that they would bring the custodian of records from the testing service to testify how the test was performed, that the form was what it appeared to be, and was prepared in the ordinary course of business.

Therefore, the calibration form was inadmissible hearsay. I have won before with this defense. I don't expect most of you to understand this post, but if you do, it works.

I don't know why a state such as CA would use an outside source for calibration. But kudos on your win. I'll have to try this out next time Im paced which is quite often, but here in cheeseland for an officer to write a ticket for pacing must pass an exam of pacing and determine their actual speed. And everyone thought that the stripes on the road are there for lane dividers.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by CDO

To all you "negative" posters, if a cop pulls you over tomorrow for speeding and says he'll just give you a verbal warning, how many of you will say, "No officer, I was speeding. Give me a ticket."

I'll bet not one of you.
Dude that's not even the same thing. It's the cops discretion whether or not he wants to write you a ticket. In this case it sounds like he knew he was speeding, but won't accept the consequences. I speed all the time, but I'm also willing to accept the ticket when it's written. I'm just disgusted by our legal system and the lengths people will go to defend themselves knowing damn well their guilty.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kelmar
I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same, though I rarely speed. I'm saying that if I was caught I would accept the result of my actions (regardless of how I felt about the situation).
Then get off the moral high horse.

If you don't go to the police station and turn yourself in every time you speed, then this bullcrap about "accepting the consequences of your actions" and "agreeing to when you got your driver's license" is a high and mighty self righteous self aggrandizing piece of garbage not worth the time spent typing it.

'Nuff said.

Shawn
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Congratulations on your court victory.

We need people like you to balance the scales of justice
and keep our government in check.

Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shawnhayes
Then get off the moral high horse.

If you don't go to the police station and turn yourself in every time you speed, then this bullcrap about "accepting the consequences of your actions" and "agreeing to when you got your driver's license" is a high and mighty self righteous self aggrandizing piece of garbage not worth the time spent typing it.

'Nuff said.

Shawn
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!! I see my mistake now.

I must have posted this thread on the PRIUS-OWNER'S BOARD, not EVOM.

Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4cefedgst
Dude that's not even the same thing. It's the cops discretion whether or not he wants to write you a ticket. In this case it sounds like he knew he was speeding, but won't accept the consequences. I speed all the time, but I'm also willing to accept the ticket when it's written. I'm just disgusted by our legal system and the lengths people will go to defend themselves knowing damn well their guilty.
Let me see if I can paraphrase that. In essence, you said: "I break the law by speeding all the time. The only time there are "consequences" is if you get caught and receive a ticket. So I'm cool, and can go as fast as I want. It's the knucklehead who gets a ticket who should bend over and take it in the azz from the system."

Well that makes sense. NOT
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats, I had the same thing happen about 6 months ago. The main problem with speed limits is they have to set them for all types of cars including 18wheelers and other large trucks which cant stop if they were going faster. They also set the speed limits for all types of drivers including 70+ year old people who most likely dont have the reflexes they used to have. I'm sure I can drive my evo safely at much higher speeds than either of the other examples I mentioned. If I am driving 15 miles over the speed limit in my Evo, I'm sure I can control it much better than a semi going the speed limit. Just my 2 cents.
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spec'd

Congratulations on your court victory.

We need people like you to balance the scales of justice
and keep our government in check.

+1
Evolved Member

LOL.

The ones flowin' with negative energy and hate are only jealous or simply have big issues. For one, they probably had THEIR cop show-up in court and are upset about their **** injuries. Or two, they don't like to see others happy for some very odd reason.

GJ, you rotten bastard.