Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Victory in Traffic Court !!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spec'd

Congratulations on your court victory.

We need people like you to balance the scales of justice
and keep our government in check.

If you are interested in learning how to fight traffic tickets, there is a great organization that works to protect driving enthusiasts. Check out their website:

www.motorists.org
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4cefedgst
Dude that's not even the same thing. It's the cops discretion whether or not he wants to write you a ticket. In this case it sounds like he knew he was speeding, but won't accept the consequences. I speed all the time, but I'm also willing to accept the ticket when it's written. I'm just disgusted by our legal system and the lengths people will go to defend themselves knowing damn well their guilty.
The system is the system. If you believe in the law- obey it - all the time, every time. If you don't, then you're just "working" the sytem in another way - you're obeying the law only when you want to, and going out of your way to avoid getting caught. That's no morally better than someone who fights prosecution once they've gotten caught - they're just working the system later.

We all know the difference between a crime of true harm, and just simple foolhardiness. I fail to see the difference between choosing to ignore the law and accepting the penalty than choosing to ignore the law and fighting the penalty. The crime was ignoring the law.

Shawn
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
If you are interested in learning how to fight traffic tickets, there is a great organization that works to protect driving enthusiasts. Check out their website:

www.motorists.org
Thanks, I'll bookmark that link, I also saw something on SoCalEvo.net,
that was pretty interesting.

Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:27 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Dude that's not even the same thing. It's the cops discretion whether or not he wants to write you a ticket. In this case it sounds like he knew he was speeding, but won't accept the consequences. I speed all the time, but I'm also willing to accept the ticket when it's written. I'm just disgusted by our legal system and the lengths people will go to defend themselves knowing damn well their guilty.
Guilty is guilty. If a cop lets you off that doesn't mean you weren't speeding, does it? Why should a cop let YOU off, but not Richard Evo? That's a ****ed up system if you ask me, not fighting the ticket. Fighting a ticket is a guaranteed right.

Also, if people didn't fight tickets, cops wouldn't need to worry about how sloppy their work is.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Take it to the White House.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by CDO
Guilty is guilty. If a cop lets you off that doesn't mean you weren't speeding, does it? Why should a cop let YOU off, but not Richard Evo? That's a ****ed up system if you ask me, not fighting the ticket. Fighting a ticket is a guaranteed right.

Also, if people didn't fight tickets, cops wouldn't need to worry about how sloppy their work is.
WTF are you talking about? I never said the cop should let ME off. I said it was the cops discretion whether or not he wants to write a ticket. I'm done.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

I will pay my fine for my ticket and then go to traffic school and not get a point. I did the crime - and I'll pay for it.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

WTF are you talking about? I never said the cop should let ME off. I said it was the cops discretion whether or not he wants to write a ticket. I'm done.
Cops are too stupid to make a decision between the Maple Bar, the Glazed Jelly Filled, and the French Cruller. They shouldn't have discretion to make legal judgments on the street.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Cops are too stupid to make a decision between the Maple Bar, the Glazed Jelly Filled, and the French Cruller. They shouldn't have discretion to make legal judgments on the street.
Yeah because attorneys are much smarter . . . . . . . .
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Attorneys prob know more about the laws then police officers.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Great job Richard Evo! Anyway cops are not always right, they make mistakes too. There are good cop and bad cop too.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:48 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

I was using "you" in the generic sense.

I didn't say anything about the cop should let you off. I said why should a cop let "you" (anyone ) off? The cop's discretion argument is BS. If you think it's wrong to fight a ticket when you're guilty then you can't let a cop let you off when you're guilty. It's called hypocrisy.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by EVO8UT
Attorneys prob know more about the laws then police officers.
Of course they do, they have the luxury of studying the law after a crime has been committed and going through something called law school. I wasn't referring to an attorneys knowledge of the law as a measurement of their intelligence.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

I don't see why people feel the need to be negative about this sort of thing. If you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all is my opinion. The state gets plenty of money from this sort of stuff and what do they do with it? Its about time some people started fighting them. I see it this way....

Property tax for a new Sti/Evo ~$500 (in VA)
Insurance ~$1600 (1year) <---Part of that goes to the state...
Random tickets for exhaust, tinting, etc for a full year... lets say ~$300
All the taxes paid on gas... ~???

What do we get... Well around here in VA... ****ty roads full of pot holes and foreign objects that are always under construction but somehow never finished.

Getting out of a speeding ticket... PRICELESS!

You get the point. I say good for you
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by CDO
I was using "you" in the generic sense.

I didn't say anything about the cop should let you off. I said why should a cop let "you" (anyone ) off? The cop's discretion argument is BS. If you think it's wrong to fight a ticket when you're guilty then you can't let a cop let you off when you're guilty. It's called hypocrisy.
You make absolutely no sense and I can't even dignify that with a response.