Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Victory in Traffic Court !!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is cool that you got a victory over this a$$holes! i would recomend you you get the sr7 radar detector and the laser jamer, this is the best investment i have done to my car! just last week i was coming from seattle and i was doing 142 miles p/h i saw a cop over the brige with his laser gun, then my laser signle went crazy that means he use his gun on me, he di not follow me at all i was sweeting cold tho!!! lol an i am glad you did not get bad points on your record.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 02:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
When I had my supercharged GSR civic, I got an exibition of speed ticket for chrippin my tires, half cuz I had a springless 6-puck ACT and half cuz I was kinda gunning it. Anyways, got pulled over, cop comes up and goes though the routine, then looks at my boost and A/F guage (actully took out his flashlight and pointed it on them), then says "what are those for", and I say," I have a street legal supercharger." He doesn't ask to see under the hood or anything, but goes to his car, comes back and give me a ticket. So months later, I start to fight it with my lawyer. At court they have the cop go up (to the witness stand) and tell his story, then I go up and tell my story adding that I believe the cop only ticketed my cuz I had a supercharger and that if I chripped my tires, it was a totally an accident caused by my heavy-duty clutch. They have the cop go back up on the stand and go though his stoy again. Then for my closing arrgument, my lawyer stated a case that ruled if you chrip your tires by accident or weather, then its not Exibition of Speed. So judge thinks a bit, then say Not Guilty while she glared bitterly at the officer.

I couldn't believe it, I WON
Old Sep 3, 2005, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

wow you guys are a bunch of tools. with all the profiling that goes on by driving this car "due the crime pay the fine" fck off! fight the cops always fight!

congrats on the win
Old Sep 3, 2005, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats
Old Sep 3, 2005, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
It doesn't matter how you win. Good defenses or cop no-show. ALWAYS FIGHT YOUR TICKETS!!!
i agree
http://www.ticketassassin.com/whyfight.html
Old Sep 3, 2005, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

I always fight my tickets, and have won 4 of the last 6. 2 were for paperwork errors that were made at the dmv. one was for a minitruck being too low. argued with the cop for 20 min, and finally told him to just write me the ticket and I would see him in court. pissed him off so he wrote, and I won. other was for speeding, he no-showed. I belive in pleading innocent and letting a judge sort it out. if a certain % of the population doesn't do this, then the police go "unchallenged" and can get sloppy at their job. If I go to court and am found guilty, then I pay, but if I am found innocent, irregardless of whether I committed the crime, then I think that serves as a warning to the officer/police department to bone up on their job/policies.

the jist of this thread was that he was caught speeding, but the pd/officer did not have a properly calibrated car. if we allow them to get away with this without being held accountable to the policies set forth, where else are they going to take shortcuts? I am sure that if he would have been found guilty, he would have paid the fine and moved on with life.....
Old Sep 3, 2005, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

The rules that are laid out for us say we have the right to go to court. Why not use that right? Might as well meet the people who's salary you are paying.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

GOOD SHYT DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got off the same way for one my case when he said i was trying to run from him. He didnt show up. Second CAse This officer said i was neglogently driving. I proved that where i was driving if I was negligent my car would be totaled.
Congrats though!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kelmar
Well, you tell us that you squeezed your way (or were going to squeeze your way) out of a ticket that you deserved on a technicality. Did you expect an applause???

The way I see it, if I didn't want to pay the extra grand then I would stop speeding.
you must not have an EVO or a fast car....there is no way to drive a nice car at the speedlimit! sports cars are not fun slow? you want slow go talk in the general lancer room!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, I read through the first page and had enough, please people don't act all holy all of a sudden, the average speed limit in So Cal is around 80mph. It's no freakin' mystery that the most broken law in the USA is the speed limit, it's just something we all do. If you drive the exact speed limit and your not keeping up with traffic, your more of a danger.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

good job richard...i always fight my tickets and have yet to even get one point on my license...

all you haters can blow me, as well
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:19 AM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
When I had my supercharged GSR civic, I got an exibition of speed ticket for chrippin my tires...
A friend of mine got that same citation driving his motorhome.

I once got a Loud and Unnecessary Noise ticket for chirping the tires on my 68 VW Beetle. I asked the cop why he stopped me when all the other cars leaving the bar were smoking their tires off. He said I was the only one he could catch.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kelmar
The crime was driving faster than the speed limit that you agreed to when you got your drivers license It doesn't matter if it's an open highway at 6am.

Its so hilarious to me when you make these comments especially later on in the thread where you state you "rarely speed". If I read your stats on the side of your postings.... you dont even have a EVO!!! Get youself a fu<kin evo and tell me when you get pulled over... or yet when you dont speed in it very often.. I love spending my hard earned money on my evo and never use it to any of its capabilities.. whether its going way over the speed limit.... or hitting a off ramp at 50 over the posted speed. Your kinda telling me you go 25mph on a ramp that sure as hell should be at least 40-45. Your the grandma driver on sunday's that everyone complains about... i love it..

PEACE AND IM DONE WITH YOU!!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markeddy
Please....please...

Posted speed limits have NOTHING to do with safety today, and WHY they were implemented has EVERYTHING to do with why they are what they are today.

1. People today have the same bad habits as they did 10,20,30 years ago (i.e. driving too slow, failure to yield to faster traffic in left lane, tailgating, weavin in and out of traffic, etc.).

2. On 80% of the roads we have speed limits that are identical to what they were 30+ years ago but the cars we have today outhandle, outperform, and outbrake 100x better and more safely than anything on the road in the last 20 years.

3. Public safety was not the motivation behind speed limits or speeding tickets. Revenue is. It's a big money maker in rural areas.

I want a society where the police investigate murder, rape, and robbery; instead of sitting on the side of the road and waiting to extort and harass drivers.

I'll take a good driver going 80 mph in front of me over a bad driver going 55 mph any day.

Your position that speed limits are for safety doesn't hold water, as for this testing show me proof that this is the case.
+ 1
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoEightMR
he can overspeed anytime....he's an attorney. but karma always comes.
It's not attorneys who can speed without consequences. It's OFF DUTY COPS. My cousin is a seargent with the LAPD. He has a police ID card like all cops do, and it looks pretty much the same nationwide. He was on vacation in New York and was speeding in a rental car. A cop pulled him over. My cousin flashed his police ID and the N.Y. cop aplogized, "sorry sir, I didn't know" and let him go in his way. Cops call this "professional courtesy." I call it BS.