Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ok..my 1st speeding ticked with my evo..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ok..my 1st speeding ticked with my evo..

Ok. Sine I got my evo (07/26/05) i have gotten pulled over 3 times. two of them because my exhaust looked aftermarket according to the cops (witch i got no tickets for). And the the last one for "speeding". It was 4:00 am and was heading home after work. the road I was on was a 45mph zone, so i was going about 50mph. Then the cop pulls me over and says i was going 53mph on a 35mph! I didnt notice the speed limit changing on that street. My main concern is if this ticket will cause my insurance to go up?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

yes...moving violations makes your insurance goes up,but i dont think your insurance rates will go up alot maybe be a little bit.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Your insurance will definatly go up, and the younger you are the more your insurance will go up. But the least you can do is go fight it in court, almost anytime someone takes a speeding ticket to court they will atleast drop it down. Good luck
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Any ticket you get take it to court, thats the least you can do. Even if you plead guilty they will usually chop it in half.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah man just try to fight it in court. If you get probation b4 Judgement then your insurance wont go up and you wont get any points on your license!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it to court my friend!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Depends on the state where you live but when I was living in FL, I took it to the court all the time. when I moved to KY, it's much harder to take it to the court so I go to traffic school up to once a year
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Some times you can take a defensive driving course to eliminate the ticket. Ask the judge if he'll offer it. And have no fear... I got my 1st (and only thankfully) the day I bought my Evo.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

here in IL, if you dont get a ticket within the next 3 months its taken off your record, its like a probation period
Old Sep 3, 2005, 08:03 AM

Thanks for all the replyes! I have already scheduel a driving class for next saturday and i will follow your advice and fight the ticked. Hopelly with a document stating i went to driving class at hand they might let me pass it. I havent gotten a speeding ticked since i was 17 i am now 22. I also live in Fairfax VA. I heard cops are a pain in the neck here when it comes to speeding. I just cant afford my insurance to go up you know..... I remember the cop who gave me the ticked say " It must suck driving an EVO when it comes to speeding...sometimes you loose track of your speed" He was real kool...i tought he would let me go. But i guess since it was the end of the month and stuff. oh well.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xxRIOxx
I remember the cop who gave me the ticked say " It must suck driving an EVO when it comes to speeding...sometimes you loose track of your speed" He was real kool...i tought he would let me go. But i guess since it was the end of the month and stuff. oh well.
the lesson here is not to speed towards the end off the month. on the serious note, wait for them to tell u to do defensive driving b4 u do it and after ur done, u can also take that to ur insurance company and they'll knock some percentage off ur premium. get a lawyer and good luck.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 02:33 AM
Evolving Member

My Advice Get The Sr7 Radar Detector And Laser Jamer Is Expendi But Is Worthed Every Penni I Got Laserd Doing 140miles And Hour Coming From Seattle To Portland And He Did Even Follow Me My Lasersignal Was Beeping And Is Not The First Time!!! And Yes Yuo Insurence Will Go Up Little Bit But If You Going To Class That Is Good! Good Luck.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOGOD21
My Advice Get The Sr7 Radar Detector And Laser Jamer Is Expendi But Is Worthed Every Penni I Got Laserd Doing 140miles And Hour Coming From Seattle To Portland And He Did Even Follow Me My Lasersignal Was Beeping And Is Not The First Time!!! And Yes Yuo Insurence Will Go Up Little Bit But If You Going To Class That Is Good! Good Luck.
wow
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Can you ask for probation instead of traffic school?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

I have not used this service, so I can't say if it really works as well as advertised, but you may wanna check it out:
http://www.ticketkiller.com/

I'm not advertising it in any way, but if it works for you, let me know... I have had pretty good luck in court just with stuff like the cop not showing up, etc.