Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

can't get my pocketlogger to work

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't get my pocketlogger to work

I just purchased a palm m100 w/ a pocketlogger cable and software from another Evom member. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the pocketlogger program to "register" at all with the code I was given. Does anyone know if the name that was used to purchase the software has to be the same as the one on the plam pilot?

Or even better if anyone has a name & reg code they can email me at alwaysinboost_at_msn.com it would be great.

Also I tried two other "free" logging software types but I can't seem to get them to connect with my car. my friend told me that pocketlogger places a chip or something in the OBD2 cable so it will only work with their software, is that true?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:51 AM

from what I heard the code they issue to register the program can only be used with the palm unit that the original owner of the pocketlogger used. Otherwise you have to pay a $25 transfer fee to use it with a different palm unit, check pocketlogger's website for more details.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

I think your right. I have all the original software and the palm that was used to register everything but the guy I purchased the stuff from only gave me the reg code, no name to go with it. I've already sent him 2 emails and a PM but he is extreamly hard to get a hold of!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

the registration code and hotsync used name are what I need. the guy I purchased my logger from only gave me the reg code.

http://www.pocketlogger.com/maincont...t_hotsync.html
Any help would be appreicated
Old Sep 4, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

unfortunately, there's not much you can do... if you can get the user/owner name he used then download a program called "HackMe." You can use it to alter the owner/user name for each individual program on the palm. You should set the owner of the PocketLogger software to his name and then register the software.

i have 2 sets of pocketlogger Username/Reg codes but i'm pretty sure that the codes are dependent on the serial number of the cable. you can PM me and i'll try to help as much as i can.

good luck (definitely try the HackMe thing)
Old Sep 4, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

did you re-name the palm? because if you didn't it shouldnt have "unregistered"
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
did you re-name the palm? because if you didn't it shouldnt have "unregistered"
I did rename the palm, but I also tried about a dozen different variations of the previous owners name to see if it would register but nothing worked.

Sent you a PM.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

replied...i hope my info helps.