Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sponsorship?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sponsorship?

So, I'm looking to get my car sponsored if at all possible....any tips? This is the proposal I wrote, what do you all think?

http://oregonstate.edu/~moritaty/Sponsor%20proposal.doc
Old Sep 4, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess if you dont mind driving with a bunch of decals it is ok. god thing i have a income house hold of 120k+ base plus
Old Sep 4, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To whom it may concern and "your company".

You need to make every proposal more specific to the manufacturer. IMO this is like writing a resume, you want to have a draft that has all of your information and bullets, but in order to catch someone's eye, you need to write it specifically for what ever company you want to sponsor you.

You also need to actually ASK for the parts or services that you want in your proposal. You state what your future mods are, but that's not helping you with a specific company. I'm sure ACT doesn't give a flying F if you're doing a full C-west body kit.

You make no mention of how you're going to "pay" for parts/services. Are you going to put stickers of their company on your car? Magnets when you race? These are all things that should be in your proposal.

In return for the high-caliber exposure, I would request funding for show and performance upgrades, or discounts or give-aways on parts and services from your company, in order to increase my competitiveness, and in turn, your company’s exposure.
What high caliber exposure? You basically said in your proposal that you attend the local tracks friday night test and tune.

I'm also trying to get some sponsorship, but I'm trying to get some good numbers in drag racing before I attempt to.

Good luck to you.