Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Carbon fiber hood & trunk.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EVOtagger
you did not order a seibon hood through streetconcept.com

you ordered a seibon replica hood made by streetconcept.com thus making it a streetconcept.com hood
They have the original seibon hood!!!!! In stock! Don’t talk **** about a vendor unless you have proved about it
go to
Evo 'For Sale' Interior / Exterior / Styling Top Fuel Vented Carbon Fiber Hood

Aug 29, 2005, 09:18 PM #20
Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
It's a seabon brand made? and do you warranty no flaws on the hood or your lip D2
evo-mr
Gold Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (9)

Originally Posted by evo-mr
seibon hood, yes.

Aug 29, 2005, 10:02 PM #21

Originally Posted by alex_alex
its a knock off. thats all they do. knock offs.
evo-mr
Gold Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (9)

Aug 30, 2005, 07:43 AM #22

Originally Posted by evo-mr
This is orginal seibon hood Alex.

CUSTOMER picture:
  1. TYPE C
  2. TYP GP
  3. Type G-FORCE FRONT BUMPER
  4. TYPE V carbon lip
  5. TYPE C carbon lip
They have the original seibon hood!

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Sep 5, 2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perhaps they should market it as seibon brand then...he says he sells it as a different name b/c he doesnt like the original

i know most of their products are knock-offs...so thats what i would assume
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

perhaps they should market it as seibon brand then...he says he sells it as a different name b/c he doesnt like the original

i know most of their products are knock-offs...so thats what i would assume
Yeah!! I know they have there own versions of a few products; but if you ask for brand and be specific about it they will sale you what your looking for!!!!!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

My Seibon hood from 500whp.com cracked and I was denied a replacement because the picture I took to show them didn't reviel the whole hood and it wasn't clean. The 35+ foot long cracks were easily seen in the picture but for some reason that was not good enough. By the time I went back to the bodyshop where they were taking care of it, they had sanded through the top-coat resin and hit the fiber. It was too late for another set of pics, so I had to pay them to paint the whole thing red. Soooo, you might want to STAY AWAY from the SEIBON TSII hood, and I think I'm not the only one who has had this problem. {thumbdown}
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eve-slow
My Seibon hood from 500whp.com cracked and I was denied a replacement because the picture I took to show them didn't reviel the whole hood and it wasn't clean. The 35+ foot long cracks were easily seen in the picture but for some reason that was not good enough. By the time I went back to the bodyshop where they were taking care of it, they had sanded through the top-coat resin and hit the fiber. It was too late for another set of pics, so I had to pay them to paint the whole thing red. Soooo, you might want to STAY AWAY from the SEIBON TSII hood, and I think I'm not the only one who has had this problem. {thumbdown}
That sucks;

WE just purchase from streetconcept the top fuel CF hood, CF AIR D and the CF front replacement lip .I hope that’s not going to happen to us and if it does I will post pictures about it. But I am conference on those guy’s are going to send top quality to us!! They know that the only way to stay in business is by selling top product and will be exposed to all HIN, NHRA and NOPI events!!!!!!!!!!! By CFT

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Sep 5, 2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:31 PM

How do you know if you are getting a real seibon product from streetconepts or a knock off?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone have any solid numbers on how much weight any of these carbon fiber hoods or trunks really save? Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOCOLLABORATE
How do you know if you are getting a real seibon product from streetconepts or a knock off?
We spoke with the owner, he will be there tomorrow, just ask for him and he will talk to you or leave a message and he will call you back that’s what we did!!!!!!!!!

but anyway they were recomended by one of my sponsors titanmotorsports!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 02:51 PM

I ordered a carbon fiber hood and trunk about 4 days ago. what is the difrence between the real seibon hood and trunk and the knock off stuff quality, fit and look?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragon41673
Al from Dynoflash had the VIS trunk...

I saw it in person and it had a major gap on one side. He hated it for that gap. We both were unimpressed because we expected SO much more from a company as big as VIS
what trunk does he have now..or did he keep the vis?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered a Streetconcept front lip and have never seen a worse piece of carbon fiber I have pics if anyone is interested. I called and talked to them and eventually decided just to keep it because of all the hassle. I sent them e-mails 3 different times of pics and they just kept telling me that thats the way it is and that their's looks better than the real "do-luck". Only reason I kept it is because I busted my stock lip and a new unpainted stock one is almost $300, and their's is only $400 compaired to $600 for the do-luck.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
Don’t talk **** about a vendor unless you have proved about it
btw i wasnt talking **** about them...i have their lip and it fits decent...and i have talked to heru on multiple ocassions and he seems to be a nice guy...i was just under the impression that they manufacture all of their own stuff,,,he even says in his posts "our" hood and "our" lip...thats all
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
I ordered a Streetconcept front lip and have never seen a worse piece of carbon fiber I have pics if anyone is interested. I called and talked to them and eventually decided just to keep it because of all the hassle. I sent them e-mails 3 different times of pics and they just kept telling me that thats the way it is and that their's looks better than the real "do-luck". Only reason I kept it is because I busted my stock lip and a new unpainted stock one is almost $300, and their's is only $400 compaired to $600 for the do-luck.

+1 had a bad expierence with street concepts. Their lip fit like junk and it came dinged up. He said to ship it back and did not give me a dime of the $100 some it was to ship back through ups. If you want quality parts order authentic not streetconcept junk
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

btw i wasnt talking **** about them...i have their lip and it fits decent...and i have talked to heru on multiple ocassions and he seems to be a nice guy...i was just under the impression that they manufacture all of their own stuff,,,he even says in his posts "our" hood and "our" lip...thats all
My bad!!!
DII full replacement lip it not the same as the Do luck replica lip D

why???? did they change the style of it !!!!!

[/QUOTE

I notice theirs is a difference on the design construction in the front of the lip

You must let people know by taking pictures of them together

notice how the lip D has like a lift underby the front of it !!!!!! that's a true Do luck replica!!!!!!!!!! the DII it dosen't look as good if you compare them side by side

I hope Streetconcept is sending the me the lip shown above ^^^^^
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

you be the judge

hope they don't send me a seibon replyca Hood!!!!!!! thanks EVOtagger

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber hood & trunk.