Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Breaking the record for the fastest evo 8 ever!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Claiming that you are going to break all the records and doing it are two different things. Having a car with all the goodies doesn't necessarily mean you are going to break the records either. You could have the highest horsepower Evo VIII in the country, but it doesn't mean you can put the power to the ground. It takes a properly setup car to make consistant and a possible record breaking pass. This father son shop is just talking smack. It comes with the territory.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like a bunch of asshats to me
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

these guys are fakes i say goodluck to them wasting their money.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 09:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sean I
A few Facts:

Turbotrix holds the worlds fastest evo8 record with a 9.77@146 about 1.5 yrs ago. They recently ran 9.93@148 on radial street tires making them the 2nd fastest on radials behind AMS, there are no other 9 sec radial tire cars at this time, all others on slicks/bias ply.

Al went 9.98@138 one time, he ran a few 10.2s@139-140, kevin Lawson drove Al's car to 10.1@141.

Buschur's evo/evos have gone low 10s.

Pruven has gone MID 10 sec passes with a Toyo street tire, not a drag tire, No nitrous.

AMS evo has made 775HP to the wheels without nitrous, and actually backed that big # up by running 9.92@145 without nitrous at the evo vs wrx event at englishtown. They backed it up that same day by running 10.0@145. They are currently the fastest evo8 without nitrous period. AND, they are the fastest with a true street type radial tire.

ISP has made some crazy HP #s, but god knows what that's worth if it doesn't run anything remotely represenative at the track.

Curt Brown has run 10.2@141+ with the AMS gt35r setup and a host of other AMS parts. He is also running a 17" radial tire.

That's it, let's not get into fantasy, anyone else yapping, it's just that, yapping, they sure didn't show up at any of the meets to show what they got.

Sean
Sean, you neglect to mention that NONE of the other evos to which you refer have won a SINGLE race this year . . . or last year for that matter (with the exception of Mr. Brown's success last year).

Meanwhile, I have won 4 out of 7 races entered and came in runner up in two others.

In fact, I have beaten the AMS evo in actual competition every one of the 4 times I have raced against it.

I think it was a wise Brian Ballard who said to us one time, "I don't care how fast your car goes, show me how many races you have won"

It seems that many people like to brag and hang entire reputations on the results on one Bonzai drag pass and it also seems that many members of the boards are interested in such accomplishments.

However, people should keep in mind that what i have been doing this year is RACING my evo and my goal was to win as many races as possible. I feel that the ability to finish an entire race and compete in an organized competition is more meaningful than who went X speed one time. Just my way of looking at things.

Now that the racing season is over, I intend to focus my efforts on getting some nice bonzai drag runs for bragging rights over the winter.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Sep 5, 2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Who said anything about winning races? This thread is about breaking records....
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

yea, everyone knows about your accomplishments al (and if not, all they have to do is look at your sig )

but what does that have to do with this thread?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

i think that records will fall and turbo trix will finally go down, even though their record should not count since their car is not a full weight evo and it doesnt have the brembo brakes, plus on top of that they used NOS. im sure if ams, al, and others did the same thing, then they would have been the fastest, but they are doing things right. also, the most interesting car to see is going to be 3240's twin charged evo. if the car runs right, the record will definitely fall!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
i think its ams or turbo trix. Al has the fastest evo without nitrous and i think its turbo trix that rant he 9.77 with nitrous.
AMS just beat Al's non-NOS record at the shootout in NJ... Like Sean I mentioned, there are a lot of guys knocking on the door, but only 3 have actual sub-10 runs to back it up so far...

Last edited by SterlingEvo; Sep 5, 2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
i think that records will fall and turbo trix will finally go down, even though their record should not count since their car is not a full weight evo and it doesnt have the brembo brakes, plus on top of that they used NOS. im sure if ams, al, and others did the same thing, then they would have been the fastest, but they are doing things right. also, the most interesting car to see is going to be 3240's twin charged evo. if the car runs right, the record will definitely fall!
Records may fall, but talking about it won't get it done, and what makes you think anything is static, nobody sits around waiting for it to get broken.

Full weight evo? Which one of the evos I described in my post is full weight let alone still has the ac, they have all been lightened to various extents.

The only ones on the list with Brembo brakes still is Pruven and Curt Brown. I cannot remember if ISP still has the stock brakes in front.

Al runs nitrous (although his runs on the gt35r going 9.98 at best one time seemed to be without it) , that is the thing you see being purged before his run with the subaru.

Hope this helps to clear your vision.
Sean

Last edited by Sean I; Sep 5, 2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
What does doing it right have to do with using or not using nitrous. Nitrous is part of the drag racing game. If you want to win you will eventually use it. Its about who gets past the line first not how they did it. If someone chooses not to use nitrous more power to them but it will eventually catch up to him in an open, ***** out class.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
correct me if I am wrong, but dosent the AMS evo and turbo trix have stroker kits? I dont think that Al had one for any of his past events. He just got his hands on a buschur kit, so I cant wait to see the records fall..
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
correct me if I am wrong, but dosent the AMS evo and turbo trix have stroker kits? I dont think that Al had one for any of his past events. He just got his hands on a buschur kit, so I cant wait to see the records fall..
Actually most if not all of the fastest 4g63 drag motors out there are 2.0l motors, not strokers. Ivey can probably iterate on this. John sheppards 8 second passes are done a high revving 2.0. Having a stroker is not any advantage.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

mmmmm Al, Pat , Pat ,Pat your self.....oh man, Who cares we are talking fast ET. !!!!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gofaster87
Actually most if not all of the fastest 4g63 drag motors out there are 2.0l motors, not strokers. Ivey can probably iterate on this. John sheppards 8 second passes are done a high revving 2.0. Having a stroker is not any advantage.
exactly
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al,
No one mentioned you, because you mention yourself enough. God your self promoting is annoying. Get over yourself, you're a damn good driver but your constant ME ME ME attitude drives me (and I assume others) nuts.

Quick Reply: Breaking the record for the fastest evo 8 ever!