Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Breaking the record for the fastest evo 8 ever!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean I
Records may fall, but talking about it won't get it done, and what makes you think anything is static, nobody sits around waiting for it to get broken.

Full weight evo? Which one of the evos I described in my post is full weight let alone still has the ac, they have all been lightened to various extents.

The only ones on the list with Brembo brakes still is Pruven and Curt Brown. I cannot remember if ISP still has the stock brakes in front.

Al runs nitrous (although his runs on the gt35r going 9.98 at best one time seemed to be without it) , that is the thing you see being purged before his run with the subaru.

Hope this helps to clear your vision.
Sean
Sean as you well know I did not have Nitrous on my car until very recently - in fact the only race I ran with it was the last race and only on the last pass.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Sean, you neglect to mention that NONE of the other evos to which you refer have won a SINGLE race this year . . . or last year for that matter (with the exception of Mr. Brown's success last year).

Meanwhile, I have won 4 out of 7 races entered and came in runner up in two others.

In fact, I have beaten the AMS evo in actual competition every one of the 4 times I have raced against it.

I think it was a wise Brian Ballard who said to us one time, "I don't care how fast your car goes, show me how many races you have won"

It seems that many people like to brag and hang entire reputations on the results on one Bonzai drag pass and it also seems that many members of the boards are interested in such accomplishments.

However, people should keep in mind that what i have been doing this year is RACING my evo and my goal was to win as many races as possible. I feel that the ability to finish an entire race and compete in an organized competition is more meaningful than who went X speed one time. Just my way of looking at things.

Now that the racing season is over, I intend to focus my efforts on getting some nice bonzai drag runs for bragging rights over the winter.

now why did you have to go and say all of that sh_t.....we all know you're fast Al, we all know you've won races and competitions....no one was ragging on you....

but you had to jump on a topic that really didn't directly concern you and start shooting off how great you are......

Al...we all know who you are...what you've accomplished...and no one can take anything away from you...but seriously...don't do that...it's annoying when people are trying to read a thread and someone with a big head has to barge in and try to take credit when in reality...they already have it.....

have you ever heard the expression

"He who has the most fortune, does not need to brag about his wealth"?

think about it...
Old Sep 5, 2005, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Just for the record, the 3 fastest evo's are all lighter then stock and have smaller brakes. The brakes are not for weight but to allow us to put a hoosier on a 16" rim which wont fit over the brembo's... at least thats why we did it. As for the record, it is what is, we went 9.7... 1.5 yrs ago. There are alot of people running fast evo's and its not easy. The faster you go the more risk you run of breaking ect. Its not hard to run a mid 10 off juice consistantly.

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
World's fastest and quickest Evo VIII....PERIOD!

I'm the fastest yellow evo8 in Jonestown Pennsylvania!!!!!!!!

For the record, my town has about 1000 people total, and wouldn't you know we have 2 yellow Evo8s =( So there was competition to get my title.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Mark just said it all.... In order to go fast you have to push the limmits..and Sh*t will break!
Just DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT !!!!!

Turbo-Trix Tuned
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:54 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Rez90
now why did you have to go and say all of that sh_t.....we all know you're fast Al, we all know you've won races and competitions....no one was ragging on you....

but you had to jump on a topic that really didn't directly concern you and start shooting off how great you are......

Al...we all know who you are...what you've accomplished...and no one can take anything away from you...but seriously...don't do that...it's annoying when people are trying to read a thread and someone with a big head has to barge in and try to take credit when in reality...they already have it.....

have you ever heard the expression

"He who has the most fortune, does not need to brag about his wealth"?

think about it...
Rez - its not a big deal actually, I could care less who is the fastest at all. I do this becuase I have a good time doing it and its what I enjoy doing. Its irreleveant what anyone else does and it does not effect my automotive journey.

I give props to TT for being the fastest, they did a great job and their time is hard to beat.

The reason why i made the post is becuase I wanted to clarify and respond to the comments of Sean which in my mind served to mimimize what I have accomplished this year with my car. There are many people out there who dont follow the day in day out drama of evo m and may have no idea who does what. This is why I write to clarify the situation.

TT was the first to the 9's with NOS - I was the first to the 9's without NOS and AMS was the first to the 9's on radial tires. The THREE of us are the ONLY 3 to go 9's. I think it was fairly cool that all 3 were all together recently on one track at Raceway park due to the efforts of Javier Ortega.

One thing is for sure the Evo is a great platform and many many more Evos will be following into the 9's

Stop hating !
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:10 PM

Hey IDRINKV8, where is their shop? are they the guys from kisco
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

This kinda got of topic, I saw theses guys at the meat at marcus dairy last week (it was canceled due to rain but some showed up) and he rolled up in his 500 whp sti... I went over to talk to him, he didnt seem cocky or ignorant... said his dyno is underrated and that it shows like 23 percent less hp then dynojet and even less then a mustang dyno. He told me that he had just bought an evo and it had less then 100 miles on it, told me that he just striped it down... then i saw him at the actual meet sunday and he brought the evo already semi built up... 500 whp already after a week. I got a feeling these guys will be top 4....

IDRINKV8 what time did you stop by and what car was yours/
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

there shop in NY but the guy lives around Danbury
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Yea id like to know where there shop is supposed to be to....i heard some people talking about some shop building a Evo around here....i heard more to the tune of 800hp though. But everyone around here seems to drivering 10 sec Evo killers - Ive yet to see any though! Lol
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

im pretty sure they are in westchester... i have his card in my car.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Rez - its not a big deal actually, I could care less who is the fastest at all. I do this becuase I have a good time doing it and its what I enjoy doing. Its irreleveant what anyone else does and it does not effect my automotive journey.

I give props to TT for being the fastest, they did a great job and their time is hard to beat.

The reason why i made the post is becuase I wanted to clarify and respond to the comments of Sean which in my mind served to mimimize what I have accomplished this year with my car. There are many people out there who dont follow the day in day out drama of evo m and may have no idea who does what. This is why I write to clarify the situation.

TT was the first to the 9's with NOS - I was the first to the 9's without NOS and AMS was the first to the 9's on radial tires. The THREE of us are the ONLY 3 to go 9's. I think it was fairly cool that all 3 were all together recently on one track at Raceway park due to the efforts of Javier Ortega.

One thing is for sure the Evo is a great platform and many many more Evos will be following into the 9's

Stop hating !
Not to make this into a long drawn out thing but show me where I minimize your accomplishments. That isn't at all what I intended to do and I find it regrettable that this is the way in which you choose to judge my purely factual commentary.

Again, please illustrate to me where I have minimized your accomplishments.

And Al, isn't it funny how the only thing that ever matters is what you can use to further your agenda? Fastest without nitrous is no longer important?

Congrats on your yrs success and I wish you the greatest of success in your future endeavors.

Sean

Last edited by Sean I; Sep 5, 2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sean I
Al, isn't it funny how the only thing that ever matters is what you can use to further your agenda?

Sean
Actually, I'm willing to bet his agenda is "free advertising". I don't blame him though. If I was selling a product and had access to 1000's of potential customers I would post a remark in as many threads as I could too no matter what the subject.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Talk about breaking ****..... The last two times I've taken the Evo to the track since Etown I havent managed to get ONE good pass of without something breaking. The Hoosiers dont play! I did bog the launch, miss 2nd gear and manage to run 146.89 mph today on the turbo alone though....
Old Sep 5, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

I was at the marcus dairy meet at aroun 1:30 to 3:00 i was the loaner parked away from everyone. I had blacked out headlights. These guys are called AUTO MASTER OF WESTCHESTER, INC. 603 fenimore rd, mamaroneck, ny 10543. They have 2wd and an awd dyno. They do stainless and aluminum polishing and performance installs. (914)381-5460. Dont get me wrong im not bashing these guys, I just find it absolutely rediculous to start claiming these record breaking hp numbers and quartermile time when they just got in the game. i mean cmon he said they will have a 1300 crank hp evo with 1000 to the wheels and they will beat every other evo 8...wait this is the good part he want its to be in the 8's. Thats not what got me though, He want it to be in the 8's and a daily driver. NO WAY!!! cant happen, you dont daily drive an 8 second car im sorry you just dont do that. Let me know what you guys think.

P.s. he said they called al and told him that he wasnt going to keep his record for long. Al is this true did he call?

Last edited by IDRINKV8; Mar 26, 2006 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Breaking the record for the fastest evo 8 ever!