Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Breaking the record for the fastest evo 8 ever!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew it....

I wouldn't hold my breath for any 1300hp evos! lol
Old Sep 5, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

where in westchester are you located?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

I was there as well. The guy didn't seem like a jerk, just extremely unrealistic. It is one thing to say I plan to.... it is another thing to actually do it. Turbotrix, Al, AMS, Curt Brown, Sean Ivey have all proven results in the times they HAVE ALREADY RUN. Another great point exposed in this post is you could make 1000 hp on a dyno and never make it down the track once successsfully! This is real world, and the people I mentioned proved themselves in real world conditions. I could tell you I plan to bench 400 lbs by next year, but I might do it or I might not. My point being what has he actually run in his cars? I asked him about the supposed 500 hp STI b/c he said he went to the shootout STI vs EVO with his son in that car. I asked him what his time and trap were and his son said well see I put in an unbalanced driveshaft the night before and couldn't get a clean pass all day, so basically he didn't get a good run all day! My time on my 03 with a flash and k&n drop in only was 13.3 @100.8 on a 92 degree nasty august day with about 75% humidity and my car dyno'd 267 at Pruven. My 267 hp car turned better times than his 500 hp STI. So again it is one thing to have the power it is another to be able to use it. I will believe he has the fastest evo 8 in the world when I see it.
Stay safe,
Punisher
Old Sep 6, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Im from New Rochelle.

I've also heard about his big bad STi....yet I have never seen it and also i heard it is really 400hp....

this guy just talks alot i think!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I even think that 400 is ify
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
P.s. he said they called al and told him that he wasnt going to keep his record for long. Al is this true did he call?
I have no records to break other than winning a lot of races.

They did not call me - at least not that I can remember - its hard to keep track of everyone who calls talking about fast evos.

Good luck to them - they are very modest guys
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sean I
Not to make this into a long drawn out thing but show me where I minimize your accomplishments. That isn't at all what I intended to do and I find it regrettable that this is the way in which you choose to judge my purely factual commentary.

Again, please illustrate to me where I have minimized your accomplishments.

And Al, isn't it funny how the only thing that ever matters is what you can use to further your agenda? Fastest without nitrous is no longer important?

Congrats on your yrs success and I wish you the greatest of success in your future endeavors.

Sean
Thanks Sean ! I appreciate your clarification.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
Actually, I'm willing to bet his agenda is "free advertising". I don't blame him though. If I was selling a product and had access to 1000's of potential customers I would post a remark in as many threads as I could too no matter what the subject.
There is no "free" advertising for me, as a Platimun vendor I have made a significant financial investment and contribution to these forums as I believe in this community and as a fellow membera nd participant in this on line forum, it has become a big part of my life not to mention my way of life.

As far as promoting my skills as a tuner, when i hear of tuner shops talking trash about building this or doing that when they have not done any thing yet I like to remind people that I have been out there all year long as a one man team going to all the races and demonstarting my skills as a tuner and mechanic week after week.

I race becuase it is my passion and what I live for. I talk about my racing to show that I have experience with evos to try and get more customers so I can afford to continue racing next year.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Sean, you neglect to mention that NONE of the other evos to which you refer have won a SINGLE race this year . . . or last year for that matter

"Meanwhile, I have won 4 out of 7 races entered and came in runner up in two others."

"In fact, I have beaten the AMS evo in actual competition every one of the 4 times I have raced against it."

"I don't care how fast your car goes, show me how many races you have won"

"I intend to focus my efforts on getting some nice bonzai drag runs for bragging rights over the winter."
Kinda hard not to notice your accomplishments when you have everything listed there in your sig.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:00 AM

Will you hold my hand Al?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
These guys are called AUTO MASTER OF WESTCHESTER
This place has a lousy reputation. Some the stuff I've seen built by this Al guy is Downright frightening, and I don't mean it in a good way...
Old Sep 8, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
Kinda hard not to notice your accomplishments when you have everything listed there in your sig.
I saw a Rolling billboard the other day, said Hooray for Me!!!!
Old Sep 8, 2005, 08:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by HemiBaby
This place has a lousy reputation. Some the stuff I've seen built by this Al guy is Downright frightening, and I don't mean it in a good way...
Just to clarify this "al" that they are refering to is NOT me and I have nothing to do with this shop - Auto Masters, thanks

To all you haters - get a life
Old Sep 9, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

IDrinkV8.....Where in you from?