Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rant warning!! Almost bought an Evo today...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good for you! Stick to your guns and don't let the stealer**** push you around. you'll get your evo when the time it right.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Nextcar
WAIT FOR THE 2006. BILSTIEN SHOCK + 10 MORE HP many other refinments. You can always get a discount. ALWAYS go to make deal last day of month. DECEMBER is best of all. Thankgiving holiday good too. i used to sell cars and can say. There is always a dealer who will discount. If you finance through Costco web site & Capital 1 usually 4.5%. remember if you buy an 05 you have 1 year depreciation BANG the day you pick it up. Thats about $4,000. not a big deal if you keep it for 5-6 years but if you keep it for 2-4 years it is. good hunting
Good luck finding deals on the MR.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
damn that sucks...the mitsu guys in my town are awsome.
Yeah, I don't get it. Everyone at the dealership was real cool until that day, and it was just like... flat. No energy, no enthusiasm, and sadly, now, no sale from me.

I think they were having a really bad Labor Day.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i would of done the same thing there is nothing worse then buying a 30K car from an asswipe. THat is why i had to drive a bit myself to get mine.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just out of curiousity, why did you want to drive the used one and not the one you were buying?...I mean, don't you want to make sure YOUR car is working properly?

FWIW, there are a lot of salesmen that do NOT let people test drive used cars very much, simply becasue increased miles decrease the value of a used car. "New" cars dont change MSRP based on the mileage they are sold at.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:02 PM
Account Disabled

Buy a used 05, you'll find them soon enough.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

I went to the Mitsu dealership on the south side of Indy (Skillman) in the suit I was wearing from a job interview (no intention of buying a car) with my friend Nicole who I was referring to as my fiance and said I was interested in what deal I could get on TWO Evo's, of course they perked up and went all crazy, but STILL would not let me test drive it. I've been to 3 Mitsu dealerships that have a no test drive policy for their Evo's, all in the Indy area, which is probably why I never see them. Now that I have a job and money to get one, I probably won't just because as much as I love my Lancer and Mitsu, I will never buy a car I've never even driven.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

I bought my 05 without driving it. I figured as many people on here that loved their 03's I can't go wrong. It's an Evo....you know that it is not going to suck.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
Just out of curiousity, why did you want to drive the used one and not the one you were buying?...I mean, don't you want to make sure YOUR car is working properly?
Read more carefully - the dealer didn't have his or any other new Evos on the lot, just a used one.

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
FWIW, there are a lot of salesmen that do NOT let people test drive used cars very much, simply becasue increased miles decrease the value of a used car. "New" cars dont change MSRP based on the mileage they are sold at.
No way, the same amount of additional miles hurt the value of a new car much more than a used car. Sure, they don't affect MSRP, but unless you're talking about a Saturn the MSRP is just a sticker, nothing more.

If you got an okay deal on a "brand new" car and found out at the last minute it had a good 30+ miles on it instead of 5-10 wouldn't you reconsider/renegotiate the deal? I got a pretty good deal on my car, but partly because it had 35 miles on it already.

By the same token, if you were buying a used car, would you really pay more for one with, say, 27,550 miles than one with 27,575 miles? (To go by the 27k miles on the used one Ralliartist asked to drive.)

Last edited by no1v2; Sep 6, 2005 at 05:03 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Again, the issue isn't that they wouldn't let me try it... I had already had 2 brief test drives in that same car. The issue was that when I, a guy with a transaction on the table in finance awaiting approval made a reasonable request it was denied... not with justification, but with not only no real reason, but no respect shown to me as a customer. Plus, what kind of arrogant, idiot sales people just let you walk off of the lot?

Well, screw them... I already have one of the bay area dealerships willing to undercut them by $3K.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Why not wait a little longer for the Evo IX ?

Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man if I was someone who can afford a new evo and can get one anytime, i would wait for the evo9.......
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spec'd
Why not wait a little longer for the Evo IX ?
0% is a huge thing for me, because it lets me soak some of the $$ I'd lose trading in my Ralliart. If i couldn't swing a 0% deal I wouldn't even bother.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, I can understand that sometimes there is a bigger picture involved.
That's why I bought the 05 Evo VIII instead of waiting for an 06 Evo IX.

Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

What a moron that GSM is.