Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rant warning!! Almost bought an Evo today...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep your car. You can wait one more year for an Evo. Then, you won't lose so much on your current trade in. Also, there will be deals on Evo 8's since the 9's will be out. You will save some decent cash that way. All this is irrelevant(sp) if you make a lot of money and aren't worried about it though. JMO of course.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr.MR
Keep your car. You can wait one more year for an Evo. Then, you won't lose so much on your current trade in. Also, there will be deals on Evo 8's since the 9's will be out. You will save some decent cash that way. All this is irrelevant(sp) if you make a lot of money and aren't worried about it though. JMO of course.
You and I are thinking alike my friend.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

go to a different dealer.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 02:05 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
been through this type of experience before.. u just gotta be patient.gl gettin your evo!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8HKS
go to a different dealer.
Oh, yes, that is a given!!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

ide be pissed, im getting ready to make the dsm->evo leap......well im keeping my dsm as a winter/beater car.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

I figured you took the experience as a sign to wait it out. I had a GTP I traded for my Evo last December. It was cool, but the warranty ran out, and it had prior electrical problems. Some things are not a big deal, but electrical gremlins are just to hard to track down. Because of this, I was out one night visiting a friend at a Ford dealer in my local automall. On the way out I drove by the Mitsu dealer just to see an Evo that I read so much about. I had no intention of buying the car that night, if at all. Well, I saw a couple inside the showroom, nice place, by the way. I went in to take a look. The dealers were cool, so I asked some questions. I figured what the heck, I'll drive one. They had a used 03' outside we took for a ride. I drove, my girlfriend and the female dealer were along for the ride. The dealer said have some fun, she liked the Evo's alot. That was it, after a couple turns in first with the gas pedal pretty far down, I was very impressed. I really liked the GG MR in the showroom. They were very cool and didn't pressure me. Because they treated me well, I ended up taking the car home that night. They said my credit was so good, I didn't even have to sign anything. I took the MR and my GTP home that night. The next day I brought the GTP back to give to them. They pulled my Pioneer radio out of the GTP for me as part of the deal. I payed About $200 under sticker for the car, and they gave me $1,300 over BB for my trade. Well, that's my story. My point being, if they had not treated me so well at the dealer, I might have an STI right now. Saw a good deal on one right before I got the MR. Take your time, they will deal if you find the right place. You will be kicking yourself if you don't get the deal you want. Best of luck!
Old Sep 7, 2005, 01:28 AM

What dealership were you at?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

you also need to make sure after you do finally get an evo to swing by that same dealership with temp plates on and all.....maybe then he will let you test drive it lol.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

... but the dealership pissed me off, so I walked.

We had the deal all set up, and I brought my wife in, and we had filled out the finance paperwork and were just waiting on the approval. The dealership has a used Evo on the lot I had test drove a couple times previously, but VERY briefly, and in heavy traffic type situations... so I asked while we waited if I could take it for a longer test, as they were DEAD and had 3 salespeople sitting on their @$$3$. The manager (I'd assume, he was sitting on his @$$ behind a counter) said no. I was a little put off by this, I mean, hey, I'm dropping over $30k here, so I asked him again, giving my explanation why I'd like to try it one more time. Again, flatly denied. "Fine, call me when we get a response." I said, and walked.

As we left, it occoured to me, hey, he might just have a good reason. So I called him back, and asked, why would he do that, kill the enthusiasm I had to spend $30000+ with him that day. His response... "Because I said so. You don't need to drive it again." WTF?? I let him know I'd like the application withdrawn, and that I would not be purchasing a car with that dealership as long as he was there.

I wanted (still do) an Evo, but honestly, I love my Ralliart, and I love the low payments and insurance. I was on the edge... my enthusiasm was waning. You know once I was in the Evo, it would have sold itself to me AGAIN, like it did when I tried it just for the hell of it. Instead, his @$$hole attitude put me solidly in the drivers seat of my Ralliart, and basically killed my desire to purchase an Evo (if not to actually own one.)

Good job dumb@$$, I can see why Mitsu is doing SO well with guys like you chasing sales out the door.

What a bunch of jerks! Let's hope they don't shot gun(submit to a million lenders) your application to screw you over. Keep a close eye on your inquires. Good luck on the next dealership.

Dave
Old Sep 7, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaveLC2
What a bunch of jerks! Let's hope they don't shot gun(submit to a million lenders) your application to screw you over. Keep a close eye on your inquires. Good luck on the next dealership.

Dave
I'd like to say that I don't believe he'd do that, but who knows?

I check my credit all the time, it should be cool.

Besides, now that I've resigned to waiting next year for a IX MR, I'll have enough time to practically save up the cash for it. Yeah baby.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Im kinda glad they didnt let you go thrash on the car.. it doesnt really matter then you can afford the car.. or even the cash to buy it in person, you would be thrashing on an evo that someone else will eventually buy. The car is perfect in every driving aspect for the money. It doesnt need your test drive approval, plenty of people would buy the car without a test drive and I doubt they would ever be disapointed if a raw performance car is what they are after. The car is an ultra performer.. I doubt very much that if you showed up at a ferrari dealership they would let you take the car out like that.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I would have walked out too. I can handle being rejected for a test drive but that guy showed no respect for you as a customer when he said "because I said so". I have better things to do with my time than subject myself to some **** ant power hungry sales manager. Furthermore, I don't give a crap if the rest of the world thinks it's the great car eva, I want a test drive before I drop $30K. If they're willing to lose the sale, I'm willing to walk over the issue.

For what it's worth, I insisted on a test drive before I purchased mine. The sales manager refused my intial request until I threatened to walk or let me drive a used Evo they had on the lot.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'd like to say that I don't believe he'd do that, but who knows?

I check my credit all the time, it should be cool.

Besides, now that I've resigned to waiting next year for a IX MR, I'll have enough time to practically save up the cash for it. Yeah baby.
I doubt they would either. Every credit bureau pull they do costs $2 to $5.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 09:23 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mchagsingog
What dealership were you at?
What dealership you went to? Most dealerships I went to have the used Evos for test drives and don't let anyone drive the new ones. I went to Veracom and San Rafael Mitsubishi. Veracom was a little shady and they kept going back and forth on the price they would sell me the car for over a week. Like the next day they'd call and say oh, we call sell you the car for the price you want but you need to buy this $1000 alarm system. The next day is oh we can sell you for $500 more than what you want, that is the lowest. 2 days later it was oh .. $400 over is the absolute lowest. etc. It went like that for a whole week.

I got tired of waiting for them and went to San Rafael. They had like 10 Evos in their showroom and had their own Evo tuning shop with a AWD dyno and two Evo project cars on display. Really cool guys we talked about rally racing and the dealership owner had pictures of him at the race track in his Evo and him doing 175mph in the middle of the night. They basically blasted away the best price Veracom gave me. Plus the car I bought had only 10 miles and still had all the plastic shipping wrap all over it.