Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rant warning!! Almost bought an Evo today...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what part of Northern California you live in, but I have heard good things about San Rafael Mitsubishi.....
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mchagsingog
What dealership were you at?
If you mean me, I am in the midwest. South Chicago suburbs to be exact. The dealer was Cub Shaver Mitsu.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor

good call man..
Old Sep 7, 2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ZK
What dealership you went to? Most dealerships I went to have the used Evos for test drives and don't let anyone drive the new ones. I went to Veracom and San Rafael Mitsubishi. Veracom was a little shady and they kept going back and forth on the price they would sell me the car for over a week. Like the next day they'd call and say oh, we call sell you the car for the price you want but you need to buy this $1000 alarm system. The next day is oh we can sell you for $500 more than what you want, that is the lowest. 2 days later it was oh .. $400 over is the absolute lowest. etc. It went like that for a whole week.

I got tired of waiting for them and went to San Rafael. They had like 10 Evos in their showroom and had their own Evo tuning shop with a AWD dyno and two Evo project cars on display. Really cool guys we talked about rally racing and the dealership owner had pictures of him at the race track in his Evo and him doing 175mph in the middle of the night. They basically blasted away the best price Veracom gave me. Plus the car I bought had only 10 miles and still had all the plastic shipping wrap all over it.
He went to Roseville mitsu. I went in there today and they said they wanted 32k for the used white 05 with 27k on the odo. They mentioned a guy that wanted to trade in his normal lancer for it(ralliartist). I asked them if they give out alot of test drives and they said they dont allow it. This is when I threw up the bs flag because I work across the street at Roseville Toyota, and I see that white evo leave the lot 3-4 times a day for test drives... The salesmen are ****** there. Take your business over to a bay dealer where they know how to sell cars.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mchagsingog
He went to Roseville mitsu. I went in there today and they said they wanted 32k for the used white 05 with 27k on the odo. They mentioned a guy that wanted to trade in his normal lancer for it(ralliartist). I asked them if they give out alot of test drives and they said they dont allow it. This is when I threw up the bs flag because I work across the street at Roseville Toyota, and I see that white evo leave the lot 3-4 times a day for test drives... The salesmen are ****** there. Take your business over to a bay dealer where they know how to sell cars.
Thats the place. Real attitude issues there. And yeah, I'm already looking at San Rafael Mitsu, thanks for the tip ZK! They seem WAY cool and totally into the Evo.

And, Mchagsingog... thanks for the backup bro.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
Thats the place. Real attitude issues there. And yeah, I'm already looking at San Rafael Mitsu, thanks for the tip ZK! They seem WAY cool and totally into the Evo.

Dude, One of the best Evo dealers in the U.S. is Huntington Beach Mitsubishi.
They have 0%. They had 5 outside and 1 SSL in the showroom.
If you don't mind traveling that is.

Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ralliartist

Yeah, their attitude is horrible. They treated me like **** and talked to me like I was retarded and didnt know what the car was about. Then the first guy I talked to started going on about how they dont do test drives and I told him I see people out test driving it all the time and he straight up called me a liar. A few months back I was trying to get a GG MR from them and their GSM wasnt very willing to work with me, even though I had the cash in hand. I went in there a few times and ended up having to take my dad in with me before anyone would even talk to me. No wonder why they dont sell any cars...
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the should have let you drive it.. before i bought mine i brought it on a few test drives and if you were in traffic than you really couldnt "drive" it. I would have walked .. if you are serious about buying but they arent serious about selling might as well go somewhere else. I had that problem when i was going to buy a new R1... had half the money to put down and they wouldnt tell me a selling price until i put it down... it was a bad situation so i went somewhere else
Old Sep 8, 2005, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

I will back up what Spec'd said... Huntington beach mitsu is a GREAT dealer... I bought my RA there and they were gonna let me drive an evo just for the hell of it while my paper work was being done... I have never heard of them denying a warranty claim either... its a long drive, but there are some great (and knowledgable) guys there....
Old Sep 8, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

f$#k that dealer. It's a car- not some mystical sacred cow. You have every right to test before you buy. And test again- it's not a $3 piece of crap- it's a multi thousand dollar purchase.

Find another dealer. The car is completely worth it.

I have never been treated poorly at any dealer I've been in.. which is probably 30+ in my lifetime. Typically I make it a priority to stop by the first time *after a phone call to a salesman* in my work clothes, a suit (with a power tie ) Money speaks to car salesman- they are often the most hungry sales force of any profession- and often the stupidest.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

FYI Salinas and Seaside Mymitsubishi sell every car at or below MRSP.. no markups on any evos. I was quoted 26K for a new RS when I first got here but I had already purchased one. Its worth checking out but they sellers dont know to much about the car.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:54 AM

i heard concord mitsu is pretty good.