Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rant warning!! Almost bought an Evo today...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rant warning!! Almost bought an Evo today...

... but the dealership pissed me off, so I walked.

We had the deal all set up, and I brought my wife in, and we had filled out the finance paperwork and were just waiting on the approval. The dealership has a used Evo on the lot I had test drove a couple times previously, but VERY briefly, and in heavy traffic type situations... so I asked while we waited if I could take it for a longer test, as they were DEAD and had 3 salespeople sitting on their @$$3$. The manager (I'd assume, he was sitting on his @$$ behind a counter) said no. I was a little put off by this, I mean, hey, I'm dropping over $30k here, so I asked him again, giving my explanation why I'd like to try it one more time. Again, flatly denied. "Fine, call me when we get a response." I said, and walked.

As we left, it occoured to me, hey, he might just have a good reason. So I called him back, and asked, why would he do that, kill the enthusiasm I had to spend $30000+ with him that day. His response... "Because I said so. You don't need to drive it again." WTF?? I let him know I'd like the application withdrawn, and that I would not be purchasing a car with that dealership as long as he was there.

I wanted (still do) an Evo, but honestly, I love my Ralliart, and I love the low payments and insurance. I was on the edge... my enthusiasm was waning. You know once I was in the Evo, it would have sold itself to me AGAIN, like it did when I tried it just for the hell of it. Instead, his @$$hole attitude put me solidly in the drivers seat of my Ralliart, and basically killed my desire to purchase an Evo (if not to actually own one.)

Good job dumb@$$, I can see why Mitsu is doing SO well with guys like you chasing sales out the door.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that would **** me off too. Maybe some day they'll learn.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

i thought they were going to extend the 0% till end of sept? if so why not get a new one?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

I was getting a new one. I was test driving the used one, since it was there. They were bringing me one in from another dealer.

Seriously, it's like, either he thought my financing would fail (no chance, hell, I could cash it if i REALLY wanted to, but why spend all that $$ now with 0% financing available?) or he thought I'd change my mind... and to be honest, I just wanted to remind myself where the extra $400 a month would be going.

Moron.

Last edited by Ralliartist; Sep 5, 2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
The dealership has a used Evo on the lot I had test drove a couple times previously, but VERY briefly, and in heavy traffic type situations...

The manager (I'd assume, he was sitting on his @$$ behind a counter) said no. I was a little put off by this, I mean, hey, I'm dropping over $30k here, so I asked him again, giving my explanation why I'd like to try it one more time. Again, flatly denied. "Fine, call me when we get a response." I said, and walked.

Good job dumb@$$, I can see why Mitsu is doing SO well with guys like you chasing sales out the door.
You were in there to buy a new evo correct?

Because if you were asking to drive the used one AGAIN, I can see the sales managers point in saying no. Basically you drove the car in traffic, and didn't get to beat the **** out of it.....And now you wanted to go back and do that...a car you had no intention of buying.

And you are mad they said no? -Gabe
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Correct.

I was going to buy a new Evo. That they didn't even have on hand. Because I test drove a used car I never ever had any intention of buying. That used car basically sold me a new one.

The really sad thing? I was trying to ward off my own cold feet.

Besides, they had me drive the used one first, so I wouldn't leave town to try a new one (since they never have any.) I didn't set the precedent. And if he said, no and here are a couple valid reasons, I'd still be cool with it. But no, he waited until they "had me" and copped an attitude.

Sorry man, there are other dealers.

And just FYI, I don't make it a point to abuse cars on test drives, even well past broken in used ones.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted (still do) an Evo, but honestly, I love my Ralliart, and I love the low payments and insurance. I was on the edge... my enthusiasm was waning.
probably a reason for it.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm a tightwad.

But I do like nice things, and fast cars.

My buying situation is less than ideal. My RA is pretty new. I'll be losing some serious $$ on it. Incomewise, I've got no issues, I can afford to own an Evo, but you add up the two, ugh... and you really just have to bite the bullet and pay up or do the economical thing.

Well, I'd decided (after much agony) to go with the performer. If you wanna play, you gotta pay. But I'll be damned if I'm giving my business to a guy who doesn't care that letting me put a couple more miles on a 27k mile used car isn't worth me giving him $600/mo for 5 years.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

BTW... I shoulda just got an Evo to start with I know... but I missed out on the 0% by about 2 weeks both before and after... and the dealer (different one) who sold me my Ralli had a NICE black Evo at the time.

Lucky me.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

BTW... I shoulda just got an Evo to start with I know... but I missed out on the 0% by about 2 weeks both before and after... and the dealer (different one) who sold me my Ralli had a NICE black Evo at the time.

Lucky me.
0% is still available through sept

give this guy a call , he can find you an evo and give you a good deal
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&postcount=385
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

... Good job dumb@$$, I can see why Mitsu is doing SO well with guys like you chasing sales out the door.

haha the other day I took my roomate to my dealer because he wanted to trade his endeavor for an older style galant (which he used to own and was very happy with). There was only one of the older style galants there (keep in mind the saleperson that attacked us looked like the fat guy who was the blob from billy madison all sweaty and gross) and I go can you tell me about that car (the older 02 galant) and first thing he says is..."Well i'm not sure if that is new or used..."

I ask "Is bob (manager) here?" the reply was no...so my buddy and I just start walking away...hes following us to our car, "well if you give me your # and I can call you when something comes in.." we just kept walking

see this was only for a galant nothing special..can you imagine if i started asking questions about my evo or an evo on the lot what types of answers I would have gotten? haha they need to start hiring some salespeople with knowledge of cars and they will do a lot better...less pressure + more knowledge = more sales in my opinion. sorry to hear about your bad trip to the dealer
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Don't let one dumb salesman ruin your EVO owning experience. U gotta get what u gotta get! I, myself, went to buy a 350Z, but returned home with an EVO. Dunno how, but it just sparks passion--The EVO!!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn that sucks...the mitsu guys in my town are awsome. He says, and I quote "you can do anything to your car except engine internals and ecu modification without voiding your warrenty"...pretty cool eh
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

total bummer dude...hopefully theres another mitsu dealership close to you that you can buy an evo from?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:01 AM
Account Disabled

WAIT FOR THE 2006. BILSTIEN SHOCK + 10 MORE HP many other refinments. You can always get a discount. ALWAYS go to make deal last day of month. DECEMBER is best of all. Thankgiving holiday good too. i used to sell cars and can say. There is always a dealer who will discount. If you finance through Costco web site & Capital 1 usually 4.5%. remember if you buy an 05 you have 1 year depreciation BANG the day you pick it up. Thats about $4,000. not a big deal if you keep it for 5-6 years but if you keep it for 2-4 years it is. good hunting

Last edited by Nextcar; Sep 5, 2005 at 07:05 AM.