Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Soon to be new owner.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be new owner.

Hello all, i am a former STi owner it was making 360HP @ the wheels and 340TQ on a mustang dyno on 91 oct, unfotunately it was totaled in an accident. I am going to either purchase an 05' evo 8 or hold out for the IX. i have always loved the evo and decided to get on because i wanted to try something new and learn more about this amazing car. any pointers or advice is greatly appreciated. Brett
Old Sep 7, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

so before the resident a-holes (you know who you are) flame you for not searching, it's probably best that you pick a specific pointer you are interested in and search this website exhaustively.. and only then do you post a new topic. otherwise, don the flame suit. I personally dont give a crap.

to answer your question: basically, you need your basic bolt ons and a reflash to see a great deal of power gained. add cams and you'll see an even bigger jump. it all depends on how much bling you want to sink into it. A wise installer once told me "we can make anything happen... if you throw enough money at it."

Last edited by M00kiE; Sep 7, 2005 at 08:52 PM. Reason: ah caint speel
Old Sep 7, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

I have been researching alot. all of this is new to me. its like coming from a world where i would be the teacher and now i am a noob again. i will continue to search and learn thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its always nice to read ex-sti owners getting an evo instead of another sti
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

ouch totaled..... damn glad your allright.. but the evo is such a tight car.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

yeah dont get me wrong i like both cars equally but i was ready to try something new. i had a highly modified wrx before the STi so after this happened i figured i would put the subaru stuff on hold a give the EVO a shot. i have only been a passenger in and evo and have never driven one and thought the car was awesome. well thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

personally i would go for the 8 for the lack of the mivec head and the great deals to be had on one (0% and good discounts).
Old Sep 8, 2005, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Get an 05 SSL with 0% finacing.

With the money you saved,

Add K&N drop in air filter, Turbo back exhaust, hallman or forge MBC followed by a dynoflash custom tune. If u can afford it add the cams also. Should be similar in power to your sti
Old Sep 8, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I liked my 04 WRX and plan on getting another WRX for rally racing, But I like the EVO lot more for daily driver/road car. But if I was rich and had 20 cars, I would deffinetnly have an EVO... and a STI

hey bigfish, you really traded in a S/C S2K (as in the dealer took it in as a trade)
Old Sep 8, 2005, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfishs
Add K&N drop in air filter, Turbo back exhaust, hallman or forge MBC followed by a dynoflash custom tune. If u can afford it add the cams also. Should be similar in power to your sti
Not really close. To get 360whp on 91oct on a true Mustang Dyno, he's going to need a White Rabbit, 280 cams, all the bolt-ons, and Meth.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

get an 05 and save yourself some money adn start modding. nice to see an sti guy converting

probobly the smartest thing ive read on this website:
A wise installer once told me "we can make anything happen... if you throw enough money at it." [/QUOTE]
Old Sep 8, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

what mods did you have on the STI?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SIC SIK SIX
what mods did you have on the STI?
Deadbolt SZ49 turbo, 255 fuel pump, turbo manifold, intake, turbo xs FMIC, turboback exhaust, 850cc injectors, protuned via the COBB protuner, swaybars, prodrive springs, and a bunch of other random stuff i cannot remember right now.