Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hks vs. greddy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about Ralliart Ti catback exhaust. they are Nice but Pricey
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your worried about the Greddy Ti being too loud then stay away from it. From inside the car its dam loud, you will get used to it but after awhile it kinda starts to bug you. Inside the cabin you will get a drone loud noise and you can hear the entire exhaust not just from the back of the exhaust but underneath the whole car because of the thin titanium material. Dont say I didnt warn you because yes it is freaking loud, but sounds really nice. I have a dp and test pipe along with a built head. It got even louder after I installed everything but it was already pretty dam loud with just the catback. Got a bit of a headache the first two days when I first installed it cause I wasnt used to it.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inline4g63
dont agree with you... HKS makes way better products. If you compare prices, HKS is usally more expensive due to the name and reputation and prodcut quality. Greddy is just a cheaper version of TRUST. HKS carbon ti is around 750 while the greddy full ti is aroun 850. THis shows how good the HKS prodcuts are (titanium tip is almost same price as full ti). However, this also shows that Greddy has better deals on their products and doesnt inflate prices. A full titanium HKS exhaust would be in the 1200 range (just like the JIC).

I Agree with this person....

Just my humble opinion.
hks doesn't make way better products... most of their stuff is hype (particularly the price, the price has almost nothing to do with quality, the price has everything to do with how much they think you'll pay, and you do... time and again. )... they're ti exhaust is nice but not for the us spec cars.

i like what someone said on these boards about evos ad hks... hks only makes cams for your car. but i say all this despite the fact that i run their intake.

i seriously don't see what's so fabulous about hks. i say just get the best from everywhere.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

lol, well i have to drive 4 hours to school at least once a semester. is it really loud at crusin speeds or just WOT. can you still hear turbo spool and bov?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the tone changes when the wastegate opens... sounds very loud. at cruising... in teh back seat it's loud. from the front seat you can totally drown it all out with radio. in tunnels it's terrible and you set off every obnoxious alarm possible, when i pull into my garage it sounds like a freakin' petco for birds.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

well crap lol, i want the titanium and i like how it looks, but i really don't want it obnoxious
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

how is the greddy with the scilencer?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:37 AM

i have the greddy and love it. one thing that i don't think anyone mentioned is that the hks hangs low under the car whereas the greddy canister is higher up. so you can have a little more confidence with a lowered car. plus you can be all uppity about your light, ti exhaust
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo3matt
how is the greddy with the scilencer?
With the silencer in, it is quiet in the cabin and sounds low and mellow outside. It still growls a bit at WOT. You will feel the top end power restricted a bit, but it does seem to have a bit more low and mid range torque.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Twisty
i have the greddy and love it. one thing that i don't think anyone mentioned is that the hks hangs low under the car whereas the greddy canister is higher up. so you can have a little more confidence with a lowered car. plus you can be all uppity about your light, ti exhaust
+1
The fitment is great and tucks up under the car, so the cops don't really see it hanging low.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

lol, but i'm a fan of angled exhausts =P