Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Explain the re-flash thingy?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MitsubishZ
you own a bunch of stores and all you can afford is an m3? I know a 25 year old who works at a deli and he has an '04................................
That's not important here. There's nothing "only" about an M3, and owning some stores doesn't mean he's loaded. Your friend who works at a deli and drives a 50k car is not paying for the car + insurance off his $6/hr deli wage. He's most likely still living at home and not paying many bills...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's not important here. There's nothing "only" about an M3, and owning some stores doesn't mean he's loaded. Your friend who works at a deli and drives a 50k car is not paying for the car + insurance off his $6/hr deli wage. He's most likely still living at home and not paying many bills...
How true that is . Every person I've told that I am trading in my M3 this Wednesday on an EVO just asked "why" .
Old Sep 12, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

people should really stfu with this search thing.. if you don't wanna help then don't post sh*t, god damn haters
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Dude Drive your assss to Orlando and go to Jestr Tuning. He does flash tunes on Evo's and is probably by far the best in FL. www.jestrtuning.com He has a subscription service so that he'll reflash ur ecu everytime u get a new mod. Get in touch with em if you are interested in reflashing your ecu.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

If you have a piggy-back, you don't need a flash.

AC556K: I still fail to understand why you refuse to search. You've already started 3 separate threads asking the most basic and inane questions. I expect more from someone who is able to afford a convertible M3, but I guess money and brains don't always come in the same package...
dude WTF is your issue? YOu come out to be a total ASSSS in every thread you click your god damn mouse on.

I vote to ban this guy
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gotevo?
people should really stfu with this search thing.. if you don't wanna help then don't post sh*t, god damn haters
Amen to that.

If people just answered the questions, even though it's a repeat, then when you DID search for an answer there wouldn't be 400 posts that just say, "Use the search" to sift thru. Every post would be an answer.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:08 AM

After doing the flash can the dealer detect it and void the warranty? (considering only simple mods such as exhaust and intake)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by patnick
After doing the flash can the dealer detect it and void the warranty? (considering only simple mods such as exhaust and intake)

Dealers will not detect that your ecu has been reflsahed unless they actualy do some work looking through it. Im sure you would be safe with a reflash.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by platinumspecv
dude WTF is your issue? YOu come out to be a total ASSSS in every thread you click your god damn mouse on.
I vote to ban this guy
lol, that's warrtalon for ya. he's nicer in person, otherwise he'll pity da foo' who doesn't use the soich button
i didn't know much about cars until only few years ago, and reading archived threads on honda-tech and evom as well as talking to my crazy-drifting-kamikazee-japanese friend who's been in it for years helped me to get edumacated on various topics. when i don't know something i search first though. i know how ppl can feel lazy about it and want immediate answers, just learn to have some patience while reading through forum content. if u search it, u will find it (most of the time).
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dridge11
Amen to that.

If people just answered the questions, even though it's a repeat, then when you DID search for an answer there wouldn't be 400 posts that just say, "Use the search" to sift thru. Every post would be an answer.
If people weren't lazy and stopped asking basic questions without searching first, then that problem wouldn't occur either. Your wish that any question be asked and answered over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over just so that you can search and get the same answer 400 times is akin to a 5yr old who still wears diapers...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:55 AM

^^ laf . . . that's a rather in-your-face anology

I'm a veteran member on other forums and I tend to agree. If people would learn the nuance of searching there would be a lot less clutter on the boards. I've been lurking for months and have been able to find just about everything I need to know via the search feature.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:57 AM

if the dealer plugs in the obdII reader and I have a AEM standalone...what shows up????????????????????????
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

If people weren't lazy and stopped asking basic questions without searching first, then that problem wouldn't occur either. Your wish that any question be asked and answered over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over just so that you can search and get the same answer 400 times is akin to a 5yr old who still wears diapers...
You're never going to get the newbie questions to end as long as people keep buying this car and until they get familiar with the site, so there are three types of responses.

1) Welcome aboard. There have been many discussions on this in the past. You'd probably be best served by searching for "insert term here" to get a lot of information you're looking for. Enjoy our car!

or

2) **** off and use the search function and keep your questions to yourself. This is not a forum, it's a library of information. Don't talk to us until you know what you're talking about.

or

3)

#1 and #3 tend to make new people feel a little more welcome. Granted I'm new as well, but your responses tend to fall somewhere in the middle.

And yes, I still wear diapers.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

dont worry AC, not everyone on evom are dicks. you can get good infomation here, you may have to skip over a post or two though...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

I just hope after this you know xactly what a reflash is/does/can do/ should be, etc.

I pity the next newbie to search the topic, find this thread, then, god forbid, comes back to post again.

Alls I kin say iz I's shar glad that aint gonne be me.......

Thar iz ah God!!