Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Explain the re-flash thingy?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explain the re-flash thingy?

As I understand it someone reprograms the ECU to compensate for certain mods? Are there local speed shops in ones own state who can do this or is there only one guy? Also if you are just adding say an intake and cat back would a reflash be neccessary or only after major things such as cams?
Thanks Dean
Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for intake and cams you'll need a flash or tune of some sort, but not exhaust.

flash is just a way for the tuner (such as dynoflash, vishnu, turbotrix, buschur etc) to rework your ecu to a set map (afr, timing, so on and so forth) to work with your mods (or even stock)... i'm sure someone can explain it in more detail, but you can do through-the-mail flashes, where you take out your ecu and send it to a tuner with your mods list and they'll flash it for those mods but it won't be as accurate as actually doing a dyno tune. unfortunately not that many shops flash.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

you just sent him a list of all your mods along with your ecu and he flashes it adding more horse power to you car and ihave to say it is great i like it more and more it is a good thing you also won't be running ritch
Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Did you do a search?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AC556k
As I understand it someone reprograms the ECU to compensate for certain mods? Are there local speed shops in ones own state who can do this or is there only one guy? Also if you are just adding say an intake and cat back would a reflash be neccessary or only after major things such as cams?
Thanks Dean

The jist of it is ,, Mitsubishi sent these cars to the US , super conservative. By simply re-flashing the Eprom on the Ecu. Its changes the ignition and fuel mapping resulting on average about 20-40 whp gains..

Also you can take out boost cut, top speed limiter, and raise the rev limiter ..

Good luck

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

edited... sorry..

Last edited by keviin; Sep 10, 2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

I like these posts. Nice and simple replies.

One question: Is a flash required if you have an experienced tuner work on your piggy back ecu (like xede)?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by get faster
I like these posts. Nice and simple replies.

One question: Is a flash required if you have an experienced tuner work on your piggy back ecu (like xede)?
If you have a piggy-back, you don't need a flash.

AC556K: I still fail to understand why you refuse to search. You've already started 3 separate threads asking the most basic and inane questions. I expect more from someone who is able to afford a convertible M3, but I guess money and brains don't always come in the same package...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

AC556K: I still fail to understand why you refuse to search. You've already started 3 separate threads asking the most basic and inane questions. I expect more from someone who is able to afford a convertible M3, but I guess money and brains don't always come in the same package...
Hey Warrtalon,

Go easy on the guy. Maybe he did try to search and found that the answers contradict (as I've noticed also on certain topics) and decided to ask again.

All we wanna do is learn from you guys so please dont flame me for this reply. (by the way, thanks for the spark plus tip (thats me sucking up)).
Old Sep 12, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Yea, I won all my stores in the Florida State Lottery and with the help of my dog manage to keep them running. In fact that is actually a Hyundai with a body kit . Anyways thanks to the helpful guys/gals on this forum who can offer constructive advice .
Old Sep 12, 2005, 07:36 AM

dynoflash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ dynoflash.com
Old Sep 12, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by get faster
Hey Warrtalon,

Go easy on the guy. Maybe he did try to search and found that the answers contradict (as I've noticed also on certain topics) and decided to ask again.

All we wanna do is learn from you guys so please dont flame me for this reply. (by the way, thanks for the spark plus tip (thats me sucking up)).
I didn't say anything until his 3rd thread. I gave him time to get a clue and let others tell him to search, but he not only doesn't do it, he also ignores the advice.

There's no way he searched on flashes and still had to ask that question, because there is NO CONFUSION on what a flash does, and it is one of the most basic and fundamental modifications for Evos. Unfortunately, he will probably continue his idiocy, because as you see, he only responded with a sarcastic remark that makes no sense while completely ignoring the SEARCH advice. I hate babies who look to be spoonfed...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, I won all my stores in the Florida State Lottery and with the help of my dog manage to keep them running. In fact that is actually a Hyundai with a body kit . Anyways thanks to the helpful guys/gals on this forum who can offer constructive advice .
Yet you don't know how to search? That speaks for itself...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i like Al's tune...and prefer street tune's vs mail in...

...Jestr tuning is in Orlando ...and they dyno tune your car...based off of your mods...i plan on going up there when i get my cams installed
Old Sep 12, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

you own a bunch of stores and all you can afford is an m3? I know a 25 year old who works at a deli and he has an '04................................