Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

To buy or not to buy.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3vo2005
For me to walk a stock evo id need to put a lot of money into it. I just don't see the logic of putting so much money into a 6 year old car. Intake, boost gauge, mbc, exhaust, cat, upper intercooler pipe and lower, fmic, turbo, and clutch. I'm not that pro at working on cars so I don't know if I could install some of that stuff. Even after I do all that it is going to be even more unrealiable. If i got an evo Id keep it stock for a while, at least a year or two.
have you researched your car at all and priced things out to see what it would really take? it really isn't much, and either way it's gonna take a hell of a lot less money than it's gonna cost you to buy an evo.

if you must have a new car though, i'd be looking in the $10-20k range, closer to the $10k side of things. maybe a scion or cobalt ss or something like that

also i suggest you check the trade in value of your car. i know you were talking about $10k before, i just did it on kbb.com and got between 4500 and 6200 depending on mileage and condition, and since you've said yours isn't in real good condition it'd be closer to 4500
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jred321
have you researched your car at all and priced things out to see what it would really take? it really isn't much, and either way it's gonna take a hell of a lot less money than it's gonna cost you to buy an evo.

if you must have a new car though, i'd be looking in the $10-20k range, closer to the $10k side of things. maybe a scion or cobalt ss or something like that

also i suggest you check the trade in value of your car. i know you were talking about $10k before, i just did it on kbb.com and got between 4500 and 6200 depending on mileage and condition, and since you've said yours isn't in real good condition it'd be closer to 4500
Whats this?! Reality?! Stop crushing this poor boys naive dream with this crazy thing that you call reality!
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Hell, I'll give you a dollar if you just go out and buy one.

You've made up your mind, so do it.

The only way to learn is by doing something, and especially by fixing your screw-ups.

Good luck on the whole financing thing.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

aa

Last edited by 3vo2005; May 23, 2023 at 07:44 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

how about this reason

GO F*CKING EARN IT LIKE THE REST OF US YOU F*CKING LEACH
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:51 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3vo2005
My parents are screaming at me for wanting a car that is nice at age 16 just because im 16 not even one real reason not to get one, some bull**** that they can't afford it than I hear my dad saying that he might get a new truck thats like 20 grand.
I'm a dad and if you were my kid I'd kick you out of the house the day you turned 18. Until then I wouldn't give you a dime if your life depended on it.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Dude, a 20k truck would probably be pretty basic.

I was looking at trucks when I bought my Ralliart, the ones I was interested in (Lightning, Rumble Bee) all ran a bit more than I was willing to pay at the time.

I did like that Nismo Titan alot tho...

Anyways, again, good luck with the Evo financing. Let us know how it turns out.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:06 AM

There are so many things wrong with this that I do not know where to begin. How do you think you parents feel? One or both of them probably work very hard to give you a solid home, plenty of food on the table, clothes on your back, a very decent car, and the million other things you do not realize they provide.

Now their son wants to ditch his already-perfectly-good car and buy a 30K sports car? Disgusting. You make it seem like it is your god given right to this car and you take everything else for granted.

I know in your messed up financial world where Mitsu will give you 0% financing even though you have no job or credit or downpayment, your grandmother will give you a 15K free loan for the new car, Mitsu will give you 7K for your old car, and your parents will continue to pay for your housing, food, clothes, gas, maintainence, insurance, other expenses (cable, electricty, computer, and so on) everything will work out.

What did you do to deserve all of this? Why do you think you are entitled to everything?

Again, it is just disgusting.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

he hasnt even asked his grandmom to borrow money yet and he is assuming she will just hand over 15k......right. Im sure she was born yesterday