Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

To buy or not to buy.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To buy or not to buy.

Aa

Last edited by 3vo2005; May 23, 2023 at 07:41 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

No, no no! Things like this can cause family problems and no car is worth that. Plus financially it doesnt make sense. You already did this once with that eclipse your driving to a lessor degree, now its having some probs and isnt the coolest thing out. Please have some discipline and make a proper choice here.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

dude, if u cant afford to get the car then dont get it. stop bothering the elders for money. the car is great but its not worth ur two yrs plus being 16, u have to also think about how much insurance is gonna be. get an affordable car. not hating on u just some advices. good luck. wait til ur done with school and get it.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

yeah..dont do it...at least wait till u graduate from h.s., then go from there!!!
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

I would recommend NOT jumping in to buy an evo in this stage of your life. Not only will insurance cost a **** load at 16, but evo maintenance is not cheap. Also, coming from a current college student, once you go to college, you are definately not going to want to get a job, and you also wont have as much free time as you think you might. If i were you, I'd go with something cheaper like the rsx, or even keep the GS-T if it wasnt giving me too many problems. You are going to have enough of a hard time paying for college, let alone all that money for an Evo. Good things come with time. Juts my $.02
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

im gonna say put the evo on hold until u graduate hs. if u really cant find any time to work in high school than trying to work when u are in school is going to be even harder. High school is like a 2 on the hardness scale while college is like a 8. u wont be getting away with studying the night before the test and getting an a on that test. i say if u really wanna get rid of your eclipse then just go and buy a corolla or something. after high school during the first semester of college see how it is and see if u can find yourself some free time for that job if u do then get the car that u want. just be sure to add in the cost of food, living arangements, money to go out, car payemnts, insurance payment, maintenance cost. next semester im gonna be mivng out of my house and be living with some buds. ill be paying 350 a month for housing, about 500 amonth for my car and prolly 300 for gas maintenance and fun money. im not sure how im gonna get all that money but im gonna get it somehow.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

the reason i didnt include that much for maintenance is becasue i do my own maintenace at home. i think the only thing ill have to go to the dealer is for timing belt.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

At 16 I would just save up the money slowly for the evo and in a couple of years after I have had some solid driving experience, and easily afford the payments and have money for mods I would buy it.

Get something fun and easy to drive like an Integra, eclipse, etc. Just make sure its stick.

Make sure you start building a good credit history while you are at college. That means getting a credit card and using ONLY 30% of your line of credit and paying if off prompty every month. BE vary careful of exactly how much you spend because if you can't fully pay the amount at the end of every month your going to get rapped by interest and surcharges.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Aa

Last edited by 3vo2005; May 23, 2023 at 07:42 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

i beleive this is the last year for the type s becasue of the new civic si, hey why dont u get one of those, they got the rsx type s engine in it and they also got an lsd for around 20k doesnt look bad either.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

i would also say dont get an evo... not worth getting money between family, and youd be in over your head insurancewise and everything else that goes with it.
as far as other cars go, yea an rsx would be cool and if you start to make money there are tons of mods for it
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

http://automobiles.honda.com/civics/index.aspx

www.clubrsx.com is a good forum for rsx research, im on there a lot
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

I would agree to the other members also. I just graduated from college and got a decent job. During my 5 years in college, there would not be anytime for me to work. By the way, my major was mechanical engineering and that requires a lot more time than to spend in studying for tests, labs, and etc...

It is just not the money factor, but also how you would discipline yourself.

The new civic is real nice. The interior is excellent and it does not look like a "civic" anymore. If you have the money, I would say just go for the top of the line civic with the optional navigation system. You will be very happy with what you got at the end of your college year.

By the time you graduate from college, you will have a lot of choices for supercars such as, the new GTR, more powered Evo/STi, Supra, etc...

Good luck to you.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

get one if you can afford one.......if your parents pay for everything, then more power to you. (some of us dont have that luxury, some do) if you crash it.....lesson learned. If you take care of it......lesson learned. Seriously, a lot of people dont like to here that "hey my parents pay for this and that". People here have a lot of pride because like myself, pay for everything I have. If your parents buy you an EVO and you take care of an investment like that. then its all good. if you f#$%d **** up, then not only did you just waste your parents, grandparents money. but you lost all your credibility as well.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

I'm also in college and i'm fine with the evo. and i dont know what everyone is talking about with this expensive maintenance??

Quick Reply: To buy or not to buy.