Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Getting 10's?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and after you get bigger turbo lighten your car, like take out the back seats the spare tire and just most of the **** you don't need.

there ya go
lol
jame
s
Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

not to mention that you will probably need new axles to put all that power to the ground.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are asking what you need to run 10's, You should probobly worry about running 12's first.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Airpoppoff
If you are asking what you need to run 10's, You should probobly worry about running 12's first.
Excuse me for being curious about the damn car I own and wanting to know what it would take.
Didnt know you had to be a techie junkie to ask a question.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lancer_Lady
Excuse me for being curious about the damn car I own and wanting to know what it would take.
If you email AMS, they used to have a page on their site that had everything needed to runs 10s. From:
fuel upgrades
cams
35r
AMS EMS
exhaust
et al

I think their total price came to around $10,500ish. Email them.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Monkey
If you email AMS, they used to have a page on their site that had everything needed to runs 10s. From:
fuel upgrades
cams
35r
AMS EMS
exhaust
et al

I think their total price came to around $10,500ish. Email them.
your forgeting one key ingredient, internals!!! on a stock block, gt35r, good tune, your looking at a very low 11's with a professional driver and squeezing every last pony and taking the motor right to the breaking point, you might be able to get a very high 10.. i know a few people w/ 35r setup's, i have one myself, and none of us have gotten a 10 "yet" very close but not quite.. i'm currently using my clutch as my excuse...lol....

anyways, to the original creater on the thread, you'll need a little more than 10k... you'll be able to make 650+ go 10's all day for just under 20k including labor..
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:06 PM

About 10 or so is what I figured it would probably cost...

Thank you for the info Monkey!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

You pay to play
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

don't forget a rollcage and brakes...
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

AMS 2.3L Stroker, AMS GT35R Turbo Kit, AMS Stage 5 Head, Exedy Twin-Plate Clutch, AEM EMS w/UEGO, speed density, Buschur Coil-On-Plug Ignition, HKS Twin-DLI ignition box, maybe a built tranny, AMS IC pipes, AMS FMIC, AMS 1000cc Injectors, weight reduction, Direct Port Nitrous Kit, Drag Slicks, race gas, and a hell of a tune!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Strap a sidewinder missle onto the top of your car (ala the Budweiser Car) and fire away!

I'd recommend going the Buschur Racing way. They have a step by step way of getting big gains.

They also include a list of the parts they used for a sweet 10 second car on this thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...racing+project

Good story too.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

While I think this tread is of no sense I kinda agree that you should first time your car and first try for 13s. Only then should you begin your long trek for 10s.

Btw, unless you're willing to go full out race... AINT NO WAY IN HELL YA EVER GONNA GET THERE.

Sorry for the rude awakening but the guys have mocked you in their replies cause we all know it's never gonna happen. Most of us are here to GET FASTER but 10s.... please rethink and ask for the first mods that are advised, don't call any numbers just yet.

Now, I'll back off slowly so please don't kill the messenger.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

10's is a huge undertaking in any car, not just the Evo.

the reason guys are sort of mocking you is because you've obviously done NO research whatsoever. it wouldve been a hell of a lot easier to do a search and see what other people have done and compare it to your plan. wait, you do have a plan don't you?

you can't just throw lots of boost and a huge turbo on a car and expect to run 10's. you need to account for things such as fuel, cams, tuning, tuning, tuning, suspension, tires, weight loss, breaking parts in the process, clutches, transfer cases, your pistons & rods, roll cages, brakes, and the list will go on and on.

you don't need to get all pissy when people are making you face the truth, because the fact is, making cars faster is not an easy thing to do. and you need to know what you're getting into before you start modding without a concise plan. that will only lead to frustration.

first, worry about breaking a 13. don't laugh i've seen multiple evo owners run 14's.

then, research what it will take for 12's

then 11's

then finally, if you're not satisfied, shoot for 10's

good luck!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Originally Posted by alex s
10's is a huge undertaking in any car, not just the Evo.

the reason guys are sort of mocking you is because you've obviously done NO research whatsoever. it wouldve been a hell of a lot easier to do a search and see what other people have done and compare it to your plan. wait, you do have a plan don't you?

you can't just throw lots of boost and a huge turbo on a car and expect to run 10's. you need to account for things such as fuel, cams, tuning, tuning, tuning, suspension, tires, weight loss, breaking parts in the process, clutches, transfer cases, your pistons & rods, roll cages, brakes, and the list will go on and on.

you don't need to get all pissy when people are making you face the truth, because the fact is, making cars faster is not an easy thing to do. and you need to know what you're getting into before you start modding without a concise plan. that will only lead to frustration.

first, worry about breaking a 13. don't laugh i've seen multiple evo owners run 14's.

then, research what it will take for 12's

then 11's

then finally, if you're not satisfied, shoot for 10's

good luck!
Exactly my point. Mine was just summarized.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up 10's

OK my 04 Evo 8 is currently stock.
What would it take to make it run 10's? And how much would it cost? What would the cheapest way to do it be?

Just figured Id find out for curiosity sake. lol
10's

AEM EMS
GT35R or GT40R Turbo Kit
Exedy MM022HD or Twin or Triple Carbon Depending on Budget.
DSS Upgraded Front Axle Bars and rear axles if your going to do it right.
FMIC
IC piping
TBE
FUEL (1000cc's at least, with pump and FPR)
CAMS 272's or 280's
BUILT MOTOR (Balanced with forged internals)
Upgraded 10k Valvetrain, Ported Head
C16 or VP Import
Scatter Shield
Roll Cage
Sean Ivey Tuning
Meth Injection helps

That with a good driver should run 10's I would roughly guess 15-20k

Chris

Quick Reply: Getting 10's?