Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Getting 10's?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Airpoppoff
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Exactly my point. Mine was just summarized.
hahah yeah, but it seemed like she may have needed it spelled out a little more for her
Old Sep 14, 2005, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jee thanks, sarcasm is useful and also really needed when a person asks a simple damn question.

Did I every say I was DOING this crap? Ummmm I think not. All I did was ask what it would take...I never said I was doing it. Like I have a minimum of 10k to just toss into my car. Must be nice.. what planet do you all come from?

Get lives...seriously... Forums are for learning.. excuse me for trying to do so. Not everybody is a "I think I know it all" car person like you all are trying to act like. Maybe you guys think you know it all so you think you are above passing on information.... well you all started somewhere too. At least I have an open mind and am trying to learn something instead of thinking I know everything.

Its nice to know I share the love and enjoyment of my Evo with a bunch of such friendly, outgoing people.... Is this what Im doomed to turn into? An Evo owner who cant even help out a fellow Evo owner and rips into them for trying to learn??? Damn, maybe I should toss the car if I turn into you guys.

Last edited by Lancer_Lady; Sep 14, 2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 09:42 PM

Holy crap, you guys are all dicks, for real. All she wants to know is the cost and what it will take. And as for researching it, this would be the place to start, DUH!!
For real, if this is what Evo drivers act like, Im embarrassed to be one.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

look, the truth hurts. sorry if people from upstate NY like to sugar-coat things, but it's just not the way i've ever done things. if that makes me a "dick" so be it.

i mean, seriously.. how many ads for AMS and TurboTrix advertise about being in the "10s", i see atleast one ad everytime i sign onto Evom or open an Import magazine.

i'll refer you to an old adage that i was told when i was young, naive, & learning about cars and wanted the cheapest fastest most reliable car in the world.

"It can be fast and cheap, but it won't be reliable. It can be cheap and reliable but it won't be fast. Or it can be fast and reliable, but it won't be cheap."

but like i said before sans sarcasm and malice, good luck.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:03 PM

Your "truth" is based on me doing this to my car. Its not gonna happen... not unless I come into some serious bucks. So your "truth" wasnt needed..... as wasnt anybody's.
All I asked is what parts it would take and an estimate. That was all that was needed.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

so if it's not going to happen, why ask?

that's like me asking a an LS1 board "HEY GUYS, I WANT MY CAR TO RUN 8's. I'M NOT PREPARED TO DO ANY OF THE WORK, NOR CAN I AFFORD IT, BUT I FIGURED IT'D BE GOOD TO KNOW INCASE I HIT THE LOTTERY."

do you see how ridiculous all this is?

learn to search, please. it will teach you a lot more than starting aimless threads like these. like i've said before, good luck.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by alex s
look, the truth hurts. sorry if people from upstate NY like to sugar-coat things, but it's just not the way i've ever done things. if that makes me a "dick" so be it.

i mean, seriously.. how many ads for AMS and TurboTrix advertise about being in the "10s", i see atleast one ad everytime i sign onto Evom or open an Import magazine.

i'll refer you to an old adage that i was told when i was young, naive, & learning about cars and wanted the cheapest fastest most reliable car in the world.

"It can be fast and cheap, but it won't be reliable. It can be cheap and reliable but it won't be fast. Or it can be fast and reliable, but it won't be cheap."

but like i said before sans sarcasm and malice, good luck.

hahahahah. the saying that I have always heard is speed cost money. now how fast do you want to go?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by alex s
so if it's not going to happen, why ask?

that's like me asking a an LS1 board "HEY GUYS, I WANT MY CAR TO RUN 8's. I'M NOT PREPARED TO DO ANY OF THE WORK, NOR CAN I AFFORD IT, BUT I FIGURED IT'D BE GOOD TO KNOW INCASE I HIT THE LOTTERY."

do you see how ridiculous all this is?

learn to search, please. it will teach you a lot more than starting aimless threads like these. like i've said before, good luck.
Sorry if you think theres something wrong with learning stuff. Obviously you must know all.
I dont see what is so damn wrong about asking what work somebody would have to do to make that possible. I really dont give a crap if you think the thread is aimless.... then dont reply.
I'll say again... forums are for learning...exchanging information. Obviously you people on here have a problem doing so. So dont tell me to learn to search... thats why Im here.. to learn, from people who have the car and maybe have looked into it themselves. Ideally, somebody on here could have had a car that does 10's....who could have popped right into this thread and said "Hey my car does it, this is what I had to do and how much I spent"... searching done! Unfortunately it didnt work out that way...which is fine.....but the members here still could have been helpful and said "this is what it would take", but instead acted childish and immature. Sorry I didnt look for my information the way you wanted. World is full of disappointments.

One thing is for sure though... I most likely wont be back here if I ever have a problem or question. I'll go elsewhere...where I know the people are nice. This place is usless unless you want nothing but smartass replies and flack.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rahzek
Holy crap, you guys are all dicks, for real. All she wants to know is the cost and what it will take. And as for researching it, this would be the place to start, DUH!!
For real, if this is what Evo drivers act like, Im embarrassed to be one.
I would not be embarrassed to be one if I were you, Seriously, people just like you are Majority evo owners. I'm sorry about not being " FO REAL " and not clairiifying the point that she wanted to know how much it takes to run 10's, I just seriously don't get the point of asking something like that, Why don't you just look at an 10 second evo's setup. It just did not seem like she has ever even had a clue about the cars in the first place. I could seriously understand if she said 12's. But whatever "FO REEL" everyones entiled to thier own opinion. FO REEL
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:31 PM

500 shot of NOS should do the trick...
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'll ask brian spilner, he owes me a ten second car
Old Feb 8, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

lollll.

brian spilner knows whats up. =)
Old Feb 8, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, I always chuckle when someone makes a reference to the F&F
Old Feb 8, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

First, you bought the wrong car. You need a civic to hIt teh 10's y0.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 03:44 PM

There's a lotta ppl here just posting up every part they know and want.... But not really... I mean, the stroker kit? Not really worth all the money or the trouble.. Might as well go with the NOS kit. But one thing I know for sure is that there is no way to break that 11 second (maybe even 12) mark with a stock clutch (and line)...

Quick Reply: Getting 10's?