Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lowering the Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noway, I think its good enough. Dont need to be lower.

^_^
Old Mar 11, 2003, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

The evo already handles well from the factory. But if you want to upgrade, I'd look into JIC, Zeal or HKS. Wait until you really got used to the suspension then upgrade. There isn't any point of lowering the car now.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 08:19 AM

please take a look at the TEIN flex damper along with the EDFC control system. these guys have been making suspension for the evo for years
Old Mar 11, 2003, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

If they will make my car look like this, and continue to have superb handling, I'm buyin ! !
Attached Thumbnails Lowering the Evo VIII-loweredevo8.jpg  
Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:20 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Give the car a little time... it'll probably settle in a little. The ride height you show would probably leave 0 travel and horrible geometry for the suspension. Basically you'll ruin your Evo's handling. I would attend at least a years worth of track events before tinkering with the Evo's suspension.

Mark
Old Mar 11, 2003, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by stvbreal
If they will make my car look like this, and continue to have superb handling, I'm buyin ! !
That looks dithgusting...leave it stock....man.have you got no clue?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by stvbreal
Is that a photochop or did someone already ruin their evo?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949

Is that a photochop or did someone already ruin their evo?
You guys are so quick to jump. I am just asking.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, just to let you know I work for a local dealer in AZ, and those spacers HAVE to be taken out when the car is PDI'd. If you have them in your car get them out. By the way I just got back from a trip to the Chicago Auto show. The new Ralliart lancer was there for the press introduction and it is a big improvement. Also, someone mentioned the Ralliart parts, they will be soon and they tell us they will warranty them as factory parts
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think it looks bad...it's a little low in the front though. I think the main problem people have is that ricers with rich daddies get these cars and "slam" them then install a "phat" system and some heavier wheels. People that appreciate the car for what it is cant even get it because all the allocations are taken up or the mark-up is outrageous. That's one wasted allocation right there.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949
I dont think it looks bad...it's a little low in the front though. I think the main problem people have is that ricers with rich daddies get these cars and "slam" them then install a "phat" system and some heavier wheels. People that appreciate the car for what it is cant even get it because all the allocations are taken up or the mark-up is outrageous. That's one wasted allocation right there.
The most sense I've heard so far.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BHENKEL
Hey guys, just to let you know I work for a local dealer in AZ, and those spacers HAVE to be taken out when the car is PDI'd. If you have them in your car get them out. By the way I just got back from a trip to the Chicago Auto show. The new Ralliart lancer was there for the press introduction and it is a big improvement. Also, someone mentioned the Ralliart parts, they will be soon and they tell us they will warranty them as factory parts
How do I know if I have these spacers on my car? I'd hate to think I have been driving around for 380 miles with them still on. Anyone have a picture of them on the car? or off?