Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Holy SRT4 Blow Off Valve!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
so the young crowd thats out to impress which is mostly SRT drivers will put them on there car and drive like a jackass.
I do agree with you on this statement. And regardless of which car was in the movie (which was what I was saying), everyone thought they could slap a wing and fart can on a honda and be fast. We see these people everywhere - some have things handed to them and get to get an evo, some get an SRT, and others can only afford their hondas. THere are dumb people in all cars - its just annoying when people try and narrow or target a specific car and then say ALL owners of (insert car here) are dumb. Its just ignorance.

I dont think we are completely disagreeing with each other here - and im not trying to argue, just pointing realisitic and obvious points out. Its all good man

Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

i would agree, it is not right to say ALL drivers of a certain car, so i'll just end argument there
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Monkey
part of the stage 1 upgrade is some spacer they put on the flange to their bov. Makes it louder.
that does not come with stage 1...
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

It's funny that these threads keep popping up right beside threads titled "What's the best BOV for my evo?", "What's the loudest BOV for my evo?" etc.

Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me

Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by en1gma19
It's funny that these threads keep popping up right beside threads titled "What's the best BOV for my evo?", "What's the loudest BOV for my evo?" etc.

Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me

True, but so far none of the EVO drivers I have run into on the street are as annoying and childish as the SRT-4 drivers who bust a nut everytime they see me and have to let me hear their BOV about 10 times.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by outsider
True, but so far none of the EVO drivers I have run into on the street are as annoying and childish as the SRT-4 drivers who bust a nut everytime they see me and have to let me hear their BOV about 10 times.
ugh. again. step out of your evo box. I have seen many threads where an evo does driver does the same to incite a race with a porsche (ferrari, lamborghini, viper, etc) or something. do you think the (insert higher class) drivers get on their forums and say "anyone ever get annoyed with those stupid EVO owners always blowing off or trying to race?"

the pendulum swings both ways my friend.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, talk about "thread drift"....

I was just asking if the BOV was stock because it was louder than I expected and that was the first time I'd heard it. Didn't intend for it to turn into a "who's car is better" battle.

If I was looking at a $20K car, I'd have probably got an SRT4
$30K car, probably an EVO
$40K car, probably an S60R
$50K car, probably an S4

I got no problems with cars or their owners...didn't mean for this thread to take that path.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
Hammer Time
i think mc hammer drives an srt-4!!!
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

uh oh...uh oh...uh oh uh oh...uh oh...uh oh

Here comes the Hamma!
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evogirl420
ugh. again. step out of your evo box. I have seen many threads where an evo does driver does the same to incite a race with a porsche (ferrari, lamborghini, viper, etc) or something. do you think the (insert higher class) drivers get on their forums and say "anyone ever get annoyed with those stupid EVO owners always blowing off or trying to race?"

the pendulum swings both ways my friend.
You're missing the point. I like the SRT-4. It's a great car for the price you pay. I don't however respect the fact that almost all the drivers do the EXACT same thing. There are annoying drivers of all types (350, Mustangs, etc...) but the SRT4 guys take the cake. Maybe you dont get it as much from SRT4 drivers in your area, I dont know... but over here, I can count on it just about every single time I run into them.

There's always a better car out there, and that's not what this is about... its just SRT-4 drivers tendancy (way more than others in my experience) to have the need to show me their BOV.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

jason crowe has a 500 hp srt-4 that is very nice :-) a car is a reflection of a driver/mechanic.... jason gets a bump
Old Sep 16, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

In my area silly parents buy kids cars that they don't value or drive. I can expect a weekly flyby with some kid in a wrx, STi, or str-4, no wonder my insurance costs so much.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evogirl420
These comments crack me up the most. Are we all 14 year old spoiled kids or something? Not everyone has things handed to them - some have to work for what they have. Its quotes like these that show the maturity of some evo owners (which is NO better than the SRT owners you are complaining about)

Ok, now step out of your little 'evo is God of all things automotive' box. What about drivers of Ferraris, I bet they sit around and say "Poor Evo people...not everyone is as fortunate as us...leave them be already"

Some of you guys really need to grow up, and also shrink your egos just a little bit...geez...
Excuse you, you don't know me or my situation, nor am I anywhere close to 14.

I'm greatful for the things I'm blessed with.

Yes, I do love my car and consider it to be a better car than an Srt-4. If you don't love your car then I'm really sorry you paid so much for something you don't love.

You should take a look at your self before going around judging everyone else since you have 10 opinions on what everyone has to say.

Good luck to you finding your way off that high horse.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Mopar sells what they call a BOV (it's really just a block off plate that vents to the atmosphere). I had one on my SRT-4 but when I got stage 2 it felt like it was constantly leaking or something so I went with the piece Forge makes. I loved it. I miss that pssshhhhh sound from time to time, but I'm not even gonna mess with the Evo's MAF system just for a stupid noise. On the SRT-4 neither the Forge or Mopar BOV affected idle, gas mileage, etc. On the Evo it's a different story.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 06:41 PM

Had an SRT-4 too. Same set up. I had Stage II and a Mopar Blue plate. Is the SRT-4 good for the price? Hell ya. It's a blast. Is the Evo better? It better be. I just paid 10k more for it, but damn.. corners are blast now...

Quick Reply: Holy SRT4 Blow Off Valve!!!