Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Well... we dyno'd it :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2003, 10:41 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I apologize for going off topic. We'll just wait and see
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shiv dynoed 4 evo 8 total right? Even if Shiv doesn't let out the info, I'm just wondering if those other 3 guys have released what they dynoed somewhere on the net? Maybe?
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bemani
Shiv dynoed 4 evo 8 total right? Even if Shiv doesn't let out the info, I'm just wondering if those other 3 guys have released what they dynoed somewhere on the net? Maybe?

Shiv already said the 1st 3 where all within a few hp of each other..
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
I meant the evo. Oh well I guess you didn't drive it?
Well, if anyone cares, here's a video of a LHD Euro Spec Evo VII that ran in Moroso Park in FL. The USDM has to be very close somehow as far as numbers are concerned.
Evo VII 1/4 run
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by zyounker

Shiv already said the 1st 3 where all within a few hp of each other..
Just want to see the actual plot.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

looks like we're popular on i-club now...

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...threadid=12120
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BatmanGSX
You guys are ****. Go fast in the real world, then you will be allowed to speculate about pointless **** on bulletin boards.

Vishnu, your conservative dyno sucks ***. 90% of people are using a dynojet and quoting dynojet numbers. Your "accurate" dyno numbers don't mean **** here on Earth. Go to the moon, homo.
I can see that these folk over here are not going to have the shiv is holier than god attitude that the i-club folk have

I agree - if you want to buy a differnt dyno then it may be useful for your own in house tuning work - but very useless to compare your results to other dyno jet results
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by Coolguy949
People with them that compete in the SCCA ussually raise them about 6 - 8 inches and get electronically adjustable suspensions just to be able to race on the track.
You have actually seen this or are you guessing again? 8 inches of the ground would be HIGH. The winner of the national SM championship last year was Dennis Grant. He has a 2g Talon that he is VERY competitive in. You can check his site out here but I don’t think you are going to find any of the suspension tuning that you were talking about.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by Obsoleteasian
I enjoy this site because unlike 80% of the forums out there who just sit there and talk about who has the biggest *****...
That was solved awhile ago dude. I have the largest one end of story

Originally posted by Obsoleteasian
, this one actually has information on it.
Some of the new guys posting on this forum know more about the 4g63 then some people could ever hope to. As was said before DSMs have been going strong since 1990. Which turbo, which cams, what works, what doesn’t this has been solved long before the first Evos drove of the dealer lot.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:13 PM

I love the new evo. It only brings more people into my favorite sport which I compete in very heavily. Its about time Mitsu did some real cars inthe US. It went down hill with the removal of the 3000gtvr-4, galant vr-4 and the last 99 GSX. On the forums were the DSM guys hang out, we praise the evo, and is currently being modifed from some of the best tuners in the DSM world. Some are making bolts ons, and others, full race cars.

On that note, Batman is a very well informed guy, who hates when people are saying the evo made 180 WHP, when he knows for a fact it makes way more power than that, knowing and seeing dyno graphs and we all know what a 16G 4g63 motor can do, even if it facing the other way. We dont want to see ricer comments about the evo either, and between the scoobies, DSM;s and the new evo, I hope that IDRC and others will create a seperate class for AWD
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 91TB78

This is why I gave up my #1 MSRP STi slot to purchase an Evo..
me also !
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:14 PM

I am all for Shiv moving out of evos... We need and respect him in the wrx world and we would like him to work full time, all the time on the wrx and upcoming STi.... he should sell his evo IMHO since his work is not up to your standards.

Just because the AWD HP is not there, people get upset. I thought the evo was always about shorter ratios, handling and braking. If you wanted to go fast and have awd. Buy the 2G eclipse or wrx.... much cheaper car and lots of aftermarket support.

Jeez, get a mustang cobra. Now I would like to see an evo against a chipped cobra with a pulley upgrade.

Man, you guys should be glad the evo is here and do your best to validate HP claims and improve on the engine instead of whining about how the HP isn't there. So, what are you guys gonna do about it. Nuthin right? you guys should be encouraging tuners not berating them. If you want false figures that bloat your egos, there are plenty out there. BTW, this is in no way a tech form.

Not yet anyway. If you guys can't find the real tech forums on-line, try harder.

NIck
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Ok, I've been reading all this stuff on this thread and I just have a couple comments.

We all know that the Evo is a great car, but I would think that a properly tuned dsm (SUSPENSION, NOT ENGINE ) with a good driver could do some damage. Remember the Hotchkis Celica anyone? THat beat an Evo VII....

Anyway, anyone who has been following the WRX tuning knows that a lot of people trust and like Shiv. I, for one, thought it was cool that in the first week of release he got an Evo up to 600 miles and dynoed it.

And as to the DSM guys, c'mon guys, the Evo isn't Jesus Christ. Just because someone may say the Evo may be overrated doesn't mean it's blasphemous. We've got patience (I've been waiting for 2+ years for the Evo) so if the numbers aren't exactly right, we'll get there eventually.

I for one am glad the DSM guys are here. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

E in LA
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

A dyno is a valuable tuning device. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like a screwdriver or a wrench, it is but one tool in a tuner's hands.

Now get out there in those EVOs and have some fun!

-- DavidV
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

One thing for shiv's dyno, his Evo VII numbers were right in line with much of the dyno work that is being done in the UK.

Erik

Quick Reply: Well... we dyno'd it :)