Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

all ACD leds are on . Can anybody help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question all ACD leds are on . Can anybody help

Brand new to the forum .. with a EVO 7 ( Auto ) I can hear the laughter already ... imported from Japan . I have all the ACD leds on .I was hoping somebody might have a idea and a safe way to re-setting them . The ACD button doesn't work either . Thanks a million .. Autoevo ( Australia )
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry I cant help you, but auto Evo are cool. I love the GTA's
Old Sep 19, 2005, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

im guessin warranty's outta the question..
Old Sep 19, 2005, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

All ACD lights on means that there is something wrong with the ACD system.

Did you try resetting the battery? This may work if it's just a minor glitch in the ACD ECU computer.

Is your Anti Lock light on? I remember the combination of the Anti Lock & ACD lights on once and it ended up being just a fuse that had shorted. The USDM Evo has the Anti Lock, ACD and Climate Control on one fuse.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

couple things to check.......

first is your car temp. gauge working? if its not, then check the fuse. its wierd i know. for some reason had an idea to where if the car was not at operating temp. by a certain time, that would throw off the ACD.

if your car temp gauge is working, make sure that your fans turn on when there suppose to. if your whole engine temp. readings are screwed up, that can again throw the ACD off.

reason im saying this is, about 500 miles into my car (have 1050miles right now, so still new) my temp. gauge stopped working, but my fans still turned on when they needed. because of that, my ACD lights would all stay on while driving. well for some reason, a fuse blew that controls the acd/temp gauge. i took it back to mitsu and in 5 minutes they replaced the fuse and my temp. gauge worked again and i was able to switch my ACD controls again. I know its wierd, but check it out.....
Old Sep 19, 2005, 03:15 AM

Thanks for all the support .. If I do find a way around the "ACD " problem I will post it for other memebers who might get the same problem ... Even though the "ACD" leds are on ... the car still is working perfectly .... Thanks Autoevo
Old Sep 19, 2005, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Possible electrical glitch if you have not reset the battery yet.
from the manual before assuming the worst
"
Is the appropriate steering wheel installed at the center of the steering column shaft correctly?
Are the tire, wheel size, specifications, air pressure, balance, and wear state normal?
Is the wheel alignment normal?
Has the engine, suspension, etc. been remodeled in such a way that it will affect the ACD and AYC systems?"
Old Sep 19, 2005, 04:17 AM

Question

Hi there ... The car was running perfectly ... we changed the Air-fiilter and when i re-started the car the ( ACD LEDS ) are locked on. I will disc-connect the battery for 40 mins and see if this will re-set the computer . Looking through heaps of pages of faults that memebers have reported ,I can't find any issues with the the ACD leds . Who knows I might be the first to have this issue. It doesn't seem to effect the car's performance in any way . But I was hoping its something simple ... Cheers Autoevo
Old Sep 19, 2005, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

your acd is tied to the ayc too, so you're better asking the guys who have these combination as the lights also doubleas your "check engine light" for both acd/ayc
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Why not just take it to and have them pull the codes?