Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Trying to Buy an Evo... my saga

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to Buy an Evo... my saga

I have been a lurker on the board for a couple of weeks now getting information - I am interested in purchasing a new Evo (there are a few left in the area!). I have visited five dealerships - I don'tthink I have met one decent sales guy yet!

At most places the lack of knowledge and bad attitude are incredible! One place I went to that looked promising had a new '05 MR on the lot - thought it was go until the sales kid tells me about how he takes it out and hammers it!

Any really good places to buy in MA? Looks like I am getting an '06...

I have been to shops in Attelboro, Norwood, Natick, danvers and Manchester NH...

thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Have you checked out Herb Connolly yet? They mostly sell Hyundai but they should be able to get you an Evo as they still sell a few Mitsubishis. I had a really good experience there with Brian Barnett (I think that is his name). I also know there is a guy who is a service advisor at the Malden Mitsubishi dealer, and I think one more member (Forget the name it's TSi-something) is the parts manager at Danvers mitsubishi.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

you could check out the green lighted list thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=green+light of good mitsu dealers. it is not very long yet, surprise surprise, so maybe check the black listed thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=green+light and use the process of elimination. that one is long ofcourse.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heron163
One place I went to that looked promising had a new '05 MR on the lot - thought it was go until the sales kid tells me about how he takes it out and hammers it!
Life is so funny , I am just Laughing my As# of right now!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Have you checked out Herb Connolly yet? They mostly sell Hyundai but they should be able to get you an Evo as they still sell a few Mitsubishis. I had a really good experience there with Brian Barnett (I think that is his name). I also know there is a guy who is a service advisor at the Malden Mitsubishi dealer, and I think one more member (Forget the name it's TSi-something) is the parts manager at Danvers mitsubishi.
Yeah - that is the place in Natick and I did talk to Brian - they had a red '05 VIII on the lot. He never called me back.

I am going to call Malden - see what up before I drive there!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah - that is the place in Natick and I did talk to Brian - they had a red '05 VIII on the lot. He never called me back.

I am going to call Malden - see what up before I drive there!
Let me shoot one of the mechanics I know at HC a PM and see if he can rush the process on.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Try Lovering in Concord N.H, its about 90 mins north of Boston off Rt.93. I got a great deal on mine $1500 below invoice and no BS.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
Try Lovering in Concord N.H, its about 90 mins north of Boston off Rt.93. I got a great deal on mine $1500 below invoice and no BS.
Off Topic: I see you have done quite a bit to your car since we last talked, how is everything working out? I trust you enjoy it, although it is no Grand National
Old Sep 19, 2005, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
Did I talk to you at Dent Sport on Saturday???

Very nice Evo BTW....
Old Sep 19, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Off Topic: I see you have done quite a bit to your car since we last talked, how is everything working out? I trust you enjoy it, although it is no Grand National
The car is running great! The only problem has been with the crap TurboXs dual stage boost controller! It holds boost for crap and spikes like crazy. I just ordered a Apexi AVC-R, I am sure that will control the boost properly.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Did I talk to you at Dent Sport on Saturday???

Very nice Evo BTW....
Thanks, and yes it was me!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:32 AM

05 apex silver w/ SSL in north jersey--$31,500--my email is speedracer0667@hotmail.com

under 2000 miles, all stock
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Any really good places to buy in MA? Looks like I am getting an '06...

I have been to shops in Attelboro, Norwood, Natick, danvers and Manchester NH...

thanks!
I bought my 05 w/SSL from Central Mitsu in Raynham. Very simple transaction. Myself and a friend went in, said "we'll buy two cars, just want a fair deal, NO BS"...We ended up walking out with two evos, both around invoice with no haggling. I know the performance specs of the evo, I didn't care if the salesman did or not. We also specified that the cars not be driven (6 miles/ 3miles) once we had signed the contract. They happily honored our request, and let us drive next door to fill up the tanks before we left! Give them a shot..If you do buy one make sure they don't let the detail shop put tire dressing on the tires!

Talk to Doug Foster, good dude. -Gabe
Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At most places the lack of knowledge and bad attitude are incredible! One place I went to that looked promising had a new '05 MR on the lot - thought it was go until the sales kid tells me about how he takes it out and hammers it!
damn that sucks ^^
i have to agree, not many good mitsu dealerships around.