Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Should I get the evo ix?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I get the evo ix?

Hi, my name is Jason and I love the evos!!!!!! I am right now 15 but ill turn 16 in april and so ill be getting my license and hopefully a new car. I made this thread so i can get some comments if i should get the evo ix for my first car. I live in pflugerville, that's a suburb in austin.

Pros of getting an evo are .. its an evo!! And the cons are gas prices, i'll be driving to school so i dont want an evo to get scratched up.. T.T., manual transmission in traffic... etc. etc.. so if you guys can leave comments of reasons why i should and should not get it, thatll be really grateful..

Also.. can you tell me if you have a lot of engine problems with an evo.. because I heard mitsubishi gets lots of problems with the engines.

Thanks...

Last edited by dummyyy; Sep 19, 2005 at 06:19 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

just a lil early warning sign your prolly goin to get bombed with you being way to young to have a evo. personally i own a ralliart and i was going to get a evo and after a year of having my car i'm kinda happy my first car wasnt a evo. still want a evo over a ralliart but i think i would of drove the crap out of a evo cause i kinda do now with my ralliart. so i would say no. get something else like a srt-4 or a new rsx. shoot or even a ralliart. well thats my 2 cents
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

this is gonna be bad.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Probably not the best first car, it is a lot of car to handle for a first time driver. Also, I had my evo in high school and it got a lot of attention some good, some bad. I got a nice fat scratch on my rear bumper now and always had people trying to get me to do stupid stuff in it like race out of campus and stuff. I did only have my evo my last half of senior year though and had a car before that, maybe you should get something not as nice for your first year driving then move up to the evo.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

How would you afford it?
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:38 PM

Parents live in la.. and the house price are up like crazy. They gonna sell the house and move here to texas and probably have some extra cash left.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

An Evo not bad... Look it's not just a regular car. I don't what experience you have with stick but it's pretty hard to learn with the evo ( not hard; just depends on your capabilities)

+ you just started driving... i don't think getting an evo as your first car is such a good idea. Get to know the road and the ***** drivers around your area( get the feeling). After a year why not or senior year get the Evo.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:43 PM

awww.. I want to evo ix realllly bad.. but I guess you guys are right.. Thanks for the comments..
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:45 PM
Account Disabled

i say go for it if you can do it. it's just a car. i don't know what kind of driver you are, but i know i wouldn't have had a problem driving an evo as my first vehicle. it all depends on the kid...since i dont know you, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, i say do it.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Small steps... Learn to walk before you run.

Another idea ?! Go to a good driving school.

Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

depending on your parents to buy you an evo is lame, that doesnt mean you cant get help.. but your not gonna be able to buy the car. My family here is california is the one of the largest names in strawberries worldwide (120million dollar a year business).. yet i want to an incredible college, nailed a top 1% job and paid for the evo myself and didnt receive any significant help( and not living at home) . Tell your parents to buy your way into a good college instead of buying you that car, it will pay off 10 fold. You will need a good job just to keep this car running anyway.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Also, family problems will arise if money is an issue... You might not know it but your parents will...
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:51 PM

You're right.. I dont want to be too dependent.. I guess i'll start off with a used car and probably get an evo when im older...thanks..
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:19 PM

Very bad idea. This is not a starter car. If AWD is what you want I'd srart with a (98-2000) Impreza rs or even a newer turbo wrx. Then after highschool get the Evo, show more responsibility on your part and your parents might see that. Even though your parents were to buy you a car you have alot of things to look at.
1. New driver
2. $30k+ for a new Evo
3. Car insurence might be more then 1/2 a car payment
4. Up keep is not cheap
Most parents want safty over anything and a $30k+ pocket rocket in the hands of a 16 year old is not safe.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

well... i think evo in traffic isnt bad even if the clutch is kinda stiff. From where I live, I KNOW traffic. SOCAL thanks.