Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dyno numbers, Buschur Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are looking for bragging rights just say your stage 2 car makes 64 wheel HP more than a stock EVO. Problem solved.

Keith
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want a bragging number subtract the stock Mustang dyno figure from the modded and tuned figure. Add this number to the manufacturer's crank horsepower of 271 or 276 (whatever your year has) and you have your approximate crank horsepower. I wish everybody would do this when listing dyno numbers. It is not perfect but it would be more accurate than comparing different dyno manufacturers that vary both in brand and calibration.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
If you are looking for bragging rights just say your stage 2 car makes 64 wheel HP more than a stock EVO. Problem solved.

Keith
Whoops, you beat me to it.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

325hp 317ft/lb on PD tunings mustang dyno. on 93 pump.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Fourdoor

Keith
good points

And it made 274 mustang dyno power with the base through the mail Buschur Flash tune - simply amazing
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Again, thanks for the replies.
I'm not really looking for bragging rights. I know my car is awesome, and thats all that really matters to me. Its just when talking to other non-import car guys. To them HP is all that matters, I'm not trying to show them up or whatever, just saying "my car makes 274whp" seems low when it will run 12s. Compared to their 400whp Cameros and Chevelles.

Al, what do you think a custom tune would have yielded with a BR Stage 2?

/ancker
Old Sep 20, 2005, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

^Well go tell your friends to dyno on a Mustang dyno and I assure you they won't be 400WHP Camaros anymore, atleast on paper. Unless they made 400WHP on a Mustang dyno? If so, then buddy you got a long way to go before you start comparing your car to theirs, try a GT35.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, you got me wrong. I'm not trying to compare my car to their's.
Just when discussing our cars.

/ancker
Old Sep 20, 2005, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

forget HPs, start talking in track #s... Tell your friends "No idea what the true HP is, but it runs low 12s" or whatever, then ask them if they have track #s to share to back up the big #s. Chances are that they're running 12s too, and problem solved Also tell them your 60 foot time
Old Sep 20, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ancker
Again, thanks for the replies.
I'm not really looking for bragging rights. I know my car is awesome, and thats all that really matters to me. Its just when talking to other non-import car guys. To them HP is all that matters, I'm not trying to show them up or whatever, just saying "my car makes 274whp" seems low when it will run 12s. Compared to their 400whp Cameros and Chevelles.
/ancker
Actually, I like telling people the "low" numbers. I also don't bother to explain to them that I'm talking about wheel horsepower. The folks that really know will ask things like "At the wheels?" and the ones that just want to brag will laugh, boast about their "400+ hp", and remain clueless. The best way I have to convince anyone the car is fast is to give them a ride. I'll then further confound them by explaining it's a 4 cylinder, 2 liter engine.

I know it's a small thing, but it amuses me.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 01:42 PM

I fully agree that its completely just a number, but it still kinda bothers me.
Again I was just venting, I'm still going to hit up BR next spring for some work.

It just feels funny doing all of that work and only ending up with numbers that match the factory numbers. Of course WE as Evo owners know that the factory numbers are at the crank, but joe schmoe doesn't get it. I can speculate that it'll run 12s but I really don't plan on dragging it. So saying 300awhp would get the point across.

No I don't want to "fabricate" the 300whp, I want the number to be real, no matter what they are. I'm sure David and the guys at BR will have me walking out of there with a giant smile on my face.

Again, sorry, just a frustration thread. I'm still a happy Evo owner. My TB is pretty much all blacked out. Once the tails get back from evodave I'll post some pics to Sho&Shine.

Thanks for your posts.

/ancker
If all you want is a machine to spit out a big number for you, get a supra.

All you have to do is give somebody a ride in your evo and they'll know its fast. If they don't understand the difference between the stock claimed 276 horsepower and modding your car to 276 "real" horsepower, they probably don't even care and will think your an A-hole if you keep running your mouth about dyno numbers all the time. When it comes down to it all that matters is if you are happy with the car.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, you got me wrong. I'm not trying to compare my car to their's.
Just when discussing our cars.
Ok, so after reading your responses even after all of these detailed explanations, this is what I have gleaned:

1) You want to be able to say you have 300whp, but when you dyno at Buschur, you will only have 270, which makes you sad, because your domestic friends only care about "claimed" HP numbers when discussing your respective cars.

2) You really don't care about the numbers, but want a car that runs mid-12s, yet you won't be taking your car to the drag strip, so you'll never know, but as long as others run mid-12s with your mods and your same HP claims, then that's good enough for the aforementioned "discussions".

I think what you need to do is take a step back and remember what is important. Who gives a flying cow patty what some random domestic owners think about your claimed dyno figures? All that matters is how fast your car REALLY is, because that's what you will experience when driving it on a daily basis. Anyone can say anything when "discussing" cars, but that has no real bearing on what happens in reality on a daily basis. Another thing is that it doesn't matter how much HP you really have. You could have 270, 300, or 350 and still not run mid-12s without knowing how to drive. Until you get out there and get a timeslip that says 12.5, you won't be able to claim a mid-12s car during those discussions.

I can assure you of one thing - after having Buschur Stg 2 installed, you will have the HP you seek, and your car will be capable of 12s easily, but it's likely that you will not be able to hit 12s if you go out and try...at least not until you get enough practice.