Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hello all I am new and how bad did I screw up my car?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should definitley wait until the first oil chang or later. i have an 05 had it for a month now and have 5k on it. 98 percent of them are highway miles so my clutch is still not broken in to much....ill probably wait a littly while longer to do any thing like that for now ill go from a roll in first gear!!!!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

you'll no if you really fuc<ked it up, my friends evo wouldn't even move with the clutch all the way off the floor when in gear
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

wait for your oil change than gO! xD
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

I did the same thing when i first tried to launch it. Don't worry about the clutch it should be fine, most people with AWD cars learning to launch them will do the same thing; along with any woman with and manual car.

Now thats pretty Damn FUNNNNNY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bechbum82
you should definitley wait until the first oil chang or later. i have an 05 had it for a month now and have 5k on it. 98 percent of them are highway miles so my clutch is still not broken in to much....ill probably wait a littly while longer to do any thing like that for now ill go from a roll in first gear!!!!
hell no!!! what are r u waitin for? Launch that biatch!!!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:36 AM

Buying from someone used and buying from someone stupid are two different things. These cars are made for being driven hard. That doesn't mean they should be driven stupid but still they are sports cars for petes sake. I bought my EVO new only because it was cheaper to do that with 0% than it was used at a higher percent. My 97 TSI AWD I bought used from a regional autocross champ with 118K miles. The car ran like a champ until I lifted the head at 130K. That problem was my fault from overboosting due to my BOV coming apart (dont' ask). Now that I have the cometic head gasket and studs it's fine. The thing to remember is if someone drives it hard but takes care of it and keeps it well maintained you should be OK.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:39 AM

Der.....ever heard of "breaking in a car"?? This is why when I bought my evo used, I got it free of mods and from an adult.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cherryevogirl
Der.....ever heard of "breaking in a car"?? This is why when I bought my evo used, I got it free of mods and from an adult.

I just would never risk buying a car that was used especially something like a high performance car because there is really no way to guage how hard the car was really driven besides checking for obvious things. Either way you always will have the countrys best warranty.

Either way your clutch got glazed so don't get too worried just be extra careful next time you decide to launch it.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SiCKlEyWiKeD

why risk what? Driving your car and having fun with it? Well because that's why you buy the freaking car. If you want something to just drive around and not have fun in, then you go buy a fucus svt
I agree that people should have fun with their Evo, but it wasn't meant to be launched hard, right? That's what I've heard a lot of people say on this forum. The Evo is not a drag race car. It was meant to be driven hard at high RPM's on a track - in and out of turns (hard braking/accelerating). You can do that and still not abuse the clutch. Launching a car hard has always seemed a bit unnatural for a car like the Evo, but that's just me.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Unit91
LOL!!!

I know its hard to resist the temptation but you should try to fully break-in your car before you get on it ... Enjoy the car, its one hell of a machine!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

ur good im sure at one time or another we all did it :]
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiCKlEyWiKeD
hell no!!! what are r u waitin for? Launch that biatch!!!

i Gave into the temptation and launched it. Its awsome...the 5k rev limiter can hurt the car and it helps to for learning so you dont dump i tat to high of an RPM