Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

has anyone else been shiested out of the 0% financing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Honni414
theres ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my moms credit...its absolutelt un-tarnished and as i said earlier, she co-signed for me....im soooo pissed off
Listen to yourself. You can't qualify for your own credit, yet you're complaining that you can't get 0% with a co-signed loan. That's incredible. Mitsu may be a bunch of scumbags, but you are complaining about 2.9% (INCREDIBLY LOW INTEREST RATE) on a co-signed loan for a street legal race car as a kid...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calm down, dealer is just f**king with you to see test if you're a sucker.
And seems like you want the car very bad so it's totally up to you if you want to get it or called the deal off. I am pretty sure with the combine credit of you and your mom, 0% shouldn't be a problem.

It would be a wise choice to tell them since there is no 0% financing and no free gas, you would not accept this deal. (make sure you tell them other dealers can do better than them)
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Something sounds pretty BS here. If you have a 742 credit score then you should NEVER need a co-signer. That's A credit.

685 is what I was told from the Finance Manager at the local Mitsubishi dealership regarding the magic number to qualify for 0% financing. Of course debt/income can play a factor also.

Are you absolutely sure your pulling a 742 credit score with Experian? Have you gone to www.myfico.com and pulled all 3 bureau reports to see where all of them fall?

You may have a great score with Experian but if they pulled your score from another bureau that came in LOW for whatever reason then you may not qualify.

There can be significant variations across all 3 bureaus so you'd better make sure they are all above that 685 score.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is that the Finance/Business Manager are trying to reel you in for 2.9% so they can get a kickback from selling you a loan at a higher interest rate.

I would get all your scores, go back, and CALL their BS if your telling us legitimate information and rule with an iron fist and tell them 0% with my excellent scores or I go somewhere else and I want my cash down back or a check cut to me for the amount of my down payment I gave you.

SIMPLE as that, you have to have some backbone and walk away and not get so hooked on the car or impetuous/impatient.

A 742 is a Tier 1 score meaning A+ credit
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Honni, you have to have near perfect credit to get those rates. I'm sure it requires a score of 800 or higher. Furthermore, you need to find out which bank you got the loan from. Your sales person will tell you why you didn't get the 0%. It's that simple.

Everyones score is different. So regardless of what people say, your situation is going to be unique.

Talk to your sales person.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Warrtalon -

You know very little...

With a 742 credit score he shouldn't need to take 2.9% with that much of a down payment.

As an example; if you knew you could buy a car for $30,000 then why would you want to pay $40,000 for the same car?

He's not stupid to raise the red flag.

Obviously you don't know tactics that Finance/Business Managers will use to sucker you into a loan. It happens all the time.

If you buy enough cars, you see all the tactics and hear all the stories.

685+ is good enough for 0%.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Listen to yourself. You can't qualify for your own credit, yet you're complaining that you can't get 0% with a co-signed loan. That's incredible. Mitsu may be a bunch of scumbags, but you are complaining about 2.9% (INCREDIBLY LOW INTEREST RATE) on a co-signed loan for a street legal race car as a kid...

yeeah ok your a dik....anyways theyre advertising 0% so i should get it, unless they are false advertising...they LIED to me...im not that pissed that its 2.9 but the fact that im spending 35 thousand and theyre lieng to me is tickin me off

Last edited by Honni414; Sep 26, 2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

NM
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Markdeddy it wasn't the original poster who had the 742, it was someone else who got the 0% financing.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markeddy
Warrtalon -

You know very little...

With a 742 credit score he shouldn't need to take 2.9% with that much of a down payment.

As an example; if you knew you could buy a car for $30,000 then why would you want to pay $40,000 for the same car?

He's not stupid to raise the red flag.

Obviously you don't know tactics that Finance/Business Managers will use to sucker you into a loan. It happens all the time.

If you buy enough cars, you see all the tactics and hear all the stories.

685+ is good enough for 0%.

thanks man
Old Sep 26, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you have to give up your $1000 rebate to get the 0% and the 0% can only be for 60 months if you go with 72 it's 2.9%. the free gas is $2000 in gas cards if you don't take any rebates or other incentives. I hope this clears some things up for eveyone.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
you have to give up your $1000 rebate to get the 0% and the 0% can only be for 60 months if you go with 72 it's 2.9%. the free gas is $2000 in gas cards if you don't take any rebates or other incentives. I hope this clears some things up for eveyone.

i understood that, i wasnt asking for any combo...i just wanted the promised 0% OR free gas....this blows
Old Sep 26, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

the-moss you are correct, I stand corrected on that number. I thought Honni414 had that high of a score.

Honni414 you need to find out from myfico.com what your scores are. My guess is now there are other mitigating factors if your score isn't 685+ or better.

BTW, Honni414 did you ever say what your credit score was? Please advise.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear
but at least you got an evo
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
sorry to hear
but at least you got an evo

not yet...pickup was tommorrow....i may walk now and go to another dealer unless they give me the 0% i thought i would get...theyre making theyre money back by charging me interest but making it seem like im getting a deal.... i mean even if im paying the 2.9%....atleast they wouldnt put a switch-a-roo on me.......plus the only reason i was gonna buy the car from that particular dealership is cause a friend would get payed for it but im not too keen on that dealership.....someone that worked there told me mom that i shouldnt have an evo because theyre "too fast"
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by markeddy
the-moss you are correct, I stand corrected on that number. I thought Honni414 had that high of a score.

Honni414 you need to find out from myfico.com what your scores are. My guess is now there are other mitigating factors if your score isn't 685+ or better.

BTW, Honni414 did you ever say what your credit score was? Please advise.
Mark, I'm ignoring the earlier response to me, since you later saw your error, but it seems you still have yet to read the first parts of this thread. This guy HAS NO CREDIT. He's relying on his mom's credit, as she is his co-signer. I stated this in my response that you blasted with the 742 credit score flim flam. This is a kid who has not done anything in life to build credit yet is expecting 0% on a co-sign with his mom. He thinks he was lied to, but doesn't realize that not everyone qualifies for 0%. There have been many cases on here of people who didn't qualify even with large downpayments. 2.9% is still far better than 99% of Evo owners...

Quick Reply: has anyone else been shiested out of the 0% financing?