Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

has anyone else been shiested out of the 0% financing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down has anyone else been shiested out of the 0% financing?

i was told id get it, i put down 10k , and i got a call the next day saying i got approved but for 2.9% financing...its because i dont have much credit, no bad credit at all....just not too much of it...... i thought it would be ok because if you dont get the 0% you can get the free gas deal but i was wrong again because they told me some bs about me having this low of financing but its still NOT 0%.... now i dont know if i want to buy the car if the dealership is already pulling a flip flop on me.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless you get anything in writing I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about it.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

I would let them keep the car and try to do better at nother dealership. With 10k down, you should still qualify for 0 percent, or at least be in a better position to deal on the free gas promotion. They just think they've got you over a barrel. I would walk.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

did you already take the car home, then they called? or they told you that you could, then renigged?

and thats BS that you can't get the gas with a good rate. I would suggest checking the rate you could get with a credit union or bank on a new car. with 10k down, ill bet you can get that low rate....then get the gas from Mitsu.

-Jeff-
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

no they still have the car...im supposed to pick it up tommorrow but i may just ask for my money back and go to a different dealership i mean im paying 32,450 with SSL ...10k is a pretty big chunk of that i mean....5 more and it would have been nearly half and i cant get friggin 0% and i agree with you jeff..it IS bs that i cantr get free gas but i need to pay intrest.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Its a gimmick to get you in the dealership. 0% financing=no money for the dealership
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Go get your money and tell that Mitsu dealer to go F....K himself. Go to a different dealership and get your evo.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah i forgot to mention that my mother co-signed on this and she has no bad credit whatsoever
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

i would say go back to the dealer and tell him deal is off, another dealer has a better deal with 0% plus the free gas thing. make whatever u want up. at 10k down, thats almost as good as buying it off. so take the 0% down or the free gas or tell em, im out. dont flinch, theyll buckle...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

yah, say the deal is off, and watch them crawl back up your ***!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

what's your credit score? if its not over 720 (i think), you don't qualify. and don't hesitate walking away, that will always make them rethink things. do it respectfully though, no need to burn bridges. if they want to, fine, but you'll feel better about yourself if you leave their options open, even if they don't think they want it that way.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:04 PM

I got the 0%, below invoice, traded in a $3,000 upside down loan on my '03 (even got KBB private sale value instead of dealer trade in value), no money down, and lowered my car payment $50 per month. I swear they are almost giving the '05's away.

They did try to sucker me into the 2.9% (for 72 months though) saying my payment would be lower. LOL. I declined that offer and made them throw the sport meter kit into the deal for trying to jerk me around.

I have a 742 credit score with Experian.

-nurb2-
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Dealership could be doing one of two things: they could be buying down an average interest rate with some of the $10000 you are putting down (highly illegal in WI if you don't know about it) to get to 2.9%. Or you really don't qualify for the 0% and you just qualify for 2.9%. You could have $25000 down and if you don't have great credit you could still only end up with 2.9%. Money down does help, but banks like Mitsubishi look at your income and your credit on a case by case basis. All the dealership does is send your credit to Mitsubishi to look at, Mitsubishi makes the decision and informs the dealership of the rate. And by the way, the dealership makes next to nothing on Mitsubishis special financing rates. Dealership would rather have your deal sent to a regular bank and make some money.
My advise to you, go to the dealership at the scheduled delivery time and speak to the buisness manager about your credit. He must explain to you why you can't recieve 0%. If you are convinced that something is wrong with your credit, then I would buy the car. 2.9% financing is an exellent rate compared to regular financing rates. If you think you can do better go somewhere else, but I know EVOs are becoming scarse in southeastern WI. You may end up with the same situation financing wise and not get the car you want.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

theres ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my moms credit...its absolutelt un-tarnished and as i said earlier, she co-signed for me....im soooo pissed off
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Honni414
oh yeah i forgot to mention that my mother co-signed on this and she has no bad credit whatsoever
in light of this....WALK! This is BS. If the dealer pulls this shiest on me this last weekend of this deal, I'm I'm literally shopping this deal in the last minute....wish me luck.

Quick Reply: has anyone else been shiested out of the 0% financing?