Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX Price Quotes: What are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Haste
When it comes to buying this kind of performance, a few grand is nothing.

Here's the logical steps for buying true performance cars: Evo -> Elise -> M3 -> 911 GT3 -> Enzo.

Don't waste your money on anything else.
The EVO VIII MR FQ320 beat the 911 GT3 in a road course test:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=147245
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:58 PM

Good Enough, the GT3 time was in the wet. Only an FQ400 might keep up with a GT3, and even then I doubt it. Stock for stock goes to the GT3. The very similar GT3 RS set a 1:22.3 vs. the evos 1:26. The regular GT3 on dry day would probably do around 1:23-1:23.5, much faster than the evo.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

More like Evo -> Elise -> Enzo.
The only "true" sports car on that list is the Elise. The Enzo is a supercar designed with more than sports in mind. The Elise is the real deal.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by MTMS4
Well, it's actually more than a few Gs (base MSRP of M3 is now $48.9k).

But anyway, that's what I've finally decided to do instead of getting the IX MR I've been lusting after for the past several months. Negotiated a good price on a brand new M3 for March/April '06 delivery and I'll be placing my deposit this week. Wish I could own an Evo too; maybe one day.
Instead of ordering a new M3, since it won't be delivered until spring anyway. you're better off waiting unitl March and then buying one off the lot. There will be big discounts on the M3 in the spring since its the last year of the E46 and everyone will be ordering the new model. They are already offering $4k discounts in England & Germany, US should follow soon. Don't be stuck paying close to full price on an M3 when you can get a huge discount. If the dealer is willing to give you a good price now, imagine what the discount might be in five months!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
Instead of ordering a new M3, since it won't be delivered until spring anyway. you're better off waiting unitl March and then buying one off the lot. There will be big discounts on the M3 in the spring since its the last year of the E46 and everyone will be ordering the new model. They are already offering $4k discounts in England & Germany, US should follow soon. Don't be stuck paying close to full price on an M3 when you can get a huge discount. If the dealer is willing to give you a good price now, imagine what the discount might be in five months!
When I looked at this guys sig. with cars owned, i was shocked to see he had a 2003 m3 stolen and then i said to myself, "i bet he's from Jersey." And then I looked up at his user info and saw that he was from jersey. No but seriously that sucks. Sorry for the loss. Anytime a car is stolen that isnt normally stolen elsewhere in the country, it always seems to be stolen in Jersey. But back on topic. Dealers around here dont seem to mark up evos. But they dont seem to wanna budge on the msrp unless its an older model being replaced.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodave
yes....pay MSRP for them...thats what i have been selling mine for. PM me if interested...
evodave, wouldn't it behoove you to sell for, say $1K off MSRP? I'm pretty sure if you did that you'd have several people willing to buy from your dealership. (I being one of them) Maybe we could get a groupbuy going on evo ix's! LoL
Old Oct 6, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
evodave......when taking in trades do you refuse to do a retail to retail trade? Normally if paying retail for the new car you get retail for the old one.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:09 AM

Ok, time to finish up here. Finally nailed down a price of $36,500 for a GG MR. I'm happy and I get free carwashes for life... LOL. Good stuff!!!!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
evodave......when taking in trades do you refuse to do a retail to retail trade? Normally if paying retail for the new car you get retail for the old one.
What dealer does this? I've never had a dealer offer me retail for my trade-in. At best they're going to give you just over wholesale value around here.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ghost 2-2
Ok, time to finish up here. Finally nailed down a price of $36,500 for a GG MR. I'm happy and I get free carwashes for life... LOL. Good stuff!!!!
Does that price include everything? What are your payments looking like for how many years? I hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:44 AM

Price is without tax and dealer doc fee ($189). I'm writing a check for mine, so no car payments, EVER! Thats what a year in Iraq will do for you with no bills back home. Oh, and they are throwing in two full tanks of gas, which at the current price, will be worth over $80. LOL!!!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:37 AM

Just got our first evo in today. Electric blue rs, looks pretty sweet! Can't wait for the rest of them to come in.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow - EB for the RS
Old Oct 7, 2005, 11:17 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
He means GS-R in electric blue....i sold it already (presold deposit) . We have a black GS-R and a silver MR still available so PM me if interested.
Dave
Old Oct 7, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ghost 2-2
Bloody awesome man, glad you got an awesome price, an awesome looking car, and 2 tanks of gas. . .umm, I wouldn't PERSONALLY let a dealer wash my car, but that's just me. . .take some pics of her!

Welcome back btw, thanks for serving our country. . .

Quick Reply: EVO IX Price Quotes: What are you paying?