Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX Price Quotes: What are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woops, yeah I mean gs-r. Hey dave, you wouldn't mind if I take this thing for a little test drive, would you? ; )
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me speak for Dave - Sure, take her out and have a ball
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ewoevo
What dealer does this? I've never had a dealer offer me retail for my trade-in. At best they're going to give you just over wholesale value around here.
I have traded in 4 cars and 1 truck.....I always deal retail to retail....retail for my truck and MSRP for the new ride. I just checked with my dealer (Wausau, WI) they told me the same deal goes for the EVO. If I want a 9 when they get one I could get around 25k on trade for my 8.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
Instead of ordering a new M3, since it won't be delivered until spring anyway. you're better off waiting unitl March and then buying one off the lot. There will be big discounts on the M3 in the spring since its the last year of the E46 and everyone will be ordering the new model. They are already offering $4k discounts in England & Germany, US should follow soon. Don't be stuck paying close to full price on an M3 when you can get a huge discount. If the dealer is willing to give you a good price now, imagine what the discount might be in five months!
It's not quite as simple as that. The E90 M3 probably won't be on these shores 'til Fall 2007 (as a 2008) and they're stopping production of the E46 M3 next May......production spots for customer-specced cars are drying up fast (at least in my kneck of the woods).
I negotiated a good price ($3.4k discount) and I'm happy to pay a little more for a car specced exactly to my liking arriving exactly when I want it. I doubt I will get a much bigger discount next Spring since the new M3 won't be around. It's not like dealers around here have a boat-load of unsold M3s just sitting on the lot. Both my local dealers don't have any new or used ones in stock at the moment.
It's also rumoured that the price of the next V8 M3 is going to be increased considerably (out of my league), so not everyone will be in a position to jump ship from the E46 and trade up........
Old Oct 7, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
36,995 for a GG Evo MR with zerolift kit, coming into my dealership last week of October and yes the MSRP is more for the 06 models.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
I have traded in 4 cars and 1 truck.....I always deal retail to retail....retail for my truck and MSRP for the new ride. I just checked with my dealer (Wausau, WI) they told me the same deal goes for the EVO. If I want a 9 when they get one I could get around 25k on trade for my 8.
$25K Trade
Wow!
Old Oct 8, 2005, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Bloody awesome man, glad you got an awesome price, an awesome looking car, and 2 tanks of gas. . .umm, I wouldn't PERSONALLY let a dealer wash my car, but that's just me. . .take some pics of her!

Welcome back btw, thanks for serving our country. . .
Thanks guys! It will be mid November probably before I'm all the way home to pick up my car, but I'll be sure to post pics once I pick it up and mount up BFG G-Force KDWS's. (Winter Driving in Idaho) Next things in line will be Apex'i N1 Ti Exhaust and some sort of Intake. I have used AEM in the past, but might consider K&N. Also going to pick up a Gtech-pro RR to measure things at home.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:44 PM

I just came back from the local Mitsubishi dealer and they were ready to sell me a GG 2006 EVO IX at the MSRP of $31,994. I would also be getting the $1000 loyalty rebate. They had a mark-up sticker of $5000 but they said that I wouldn't have to worry about that. They offered me $25,000 for my 04 EVO VIII GSR (no options) with almost 19K miles. I thought that was a pretty good deal but I didn't go for it since I'll probably want the EVO X or the next new fast, cool car that comes out later on.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8868
I just came back from the local Mitsubishi dealer and they were ready to sell me a GG 2006 EVO IX at the MSRP of $31,994. I would also be getting the $1000 loyalty rebate. They had a mark-up sticker of $5000 but they said that I wouldn't have to worry about that. They offered me $25,000 for my 04 EVO VIII GSR (no options) with almost 19K miles. I thought that was a pretty good deal but I didn't go for it since I'll probably want the EVO X or the next new fast, cool car that comes out later on.
Mitsubishi is offering a $1K loyalty rebate, or just the dealer?
Old Oct 8, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ewoevo
Mitsubishi is offering a $1K loyalty rebate, or just the dealer?
Yeah, whasup? Edmunds.com lists only a $500 loyalty rebate.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 03:03 PM

Yeah, I thought it was $500 also. Maybe the dealership is just offering an additional $500 discount on top of the manufacturer's loyalty rebate.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ghost 2-2
Thanks guys! It will be mid November probably before I'm all the way home to pick up my car, but I'll be sure to post pics once I pick it up and mount up BFG G-Force KDWS's. (Winter Driving in Idaho) Next things in line will be Apex'i N1 Ti Exhaust and some sort of Intake. I have used AEM in the past, but might consider K&N. Also going to pick up a Gtech-pro RR to measure things at home.
Ghost 2-2
PLEASE DON'T GET AN INTAKE! Just stick with a drop-in, I know traditionally intakes work well in all platforms (I'm an ex-domestic driver, trust me I KNOW), but for some odd reason, in the Mitsu platforms, it ain't worth doing unless you're going to get a reflash, etc. SO, just do the exhaust, looking forward to the pics. . .
Old Oct 9, 2005, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Ghost 2-2
PLEASE DON'T GET AN INTAKE! Just stick with a drop-in, I know traditionally intakes work well in all platforms (I'm an ex-domestic driver, trust me I KNOW), but for some odd reason, in the Mitsu platforms, it ain't worth doing unless you're going to get a reflash, etc. SO, just do the exhaust, looking forward to the pics. . .
Hey, thanks... I'm definately going to research the issue. I don't want to get too far off the thread topic, so I'll address this issue in the EVO Engine Board. I have an intresting Dsport article that might shine some light on the subject. Anyone intrested check it out there.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8868
Which dealership is that? Is the $31,994 before or after the $1000 loyalty rebate? I am interested in this offer. Please tell us the dealership.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

I locked in a Graphite Grey IX MR for $500 over invoice. put a down payment on it but not takeing delivery til march to avoid this winter

Quick Reply: EVO IX Price Quotes: What are you paying?