Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Vishnu signature series exhaust problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2005, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But a good welder should be able to penetrate both metals well enough with a nice strong weld. That is extremely funny because that's the only exhaust I have ever heard about busting off at the hanger.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

I know its not the point, but just weld it. You have take the exhaust out obviously, then ship it, then wait till u get a new one, then installed it again, for me, thats worth
more than the $30.00 bucks for example it would cost u on getting it fixed in just a few minutes

Anyway good luck if u r going to shoot for warranty
Old Sep 28, 2005, 06:47 PM

And if you get a new one from him you run the risk of the "Signature" breaking hanger.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the replies

yes i will most likely weld the hanger back on
Old Sep 28, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

If you contact vishnu who knows maybe they'll give you a dp or work something out with you.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

good luck!

Last edited by EVOtagger; Sep 28, 2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

sorry, didnt see the edits.

Last edited by Sackett; Sep 28, 2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 08:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Any additional off topic or stupid "hooked on phonics" comments will result in accounts being disabled. We are tired of the spamming of our threads, particualrly by newbies. It is shame that member's cannot even ask a simple question without a bunch off topic remarks.

Clean up your act kids or you will be history around here.

Speedlmit.....
Old Sep 28, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

By the way hangers shouldnt break due to driving style, a performance exhaust should be made to withhold the amount of power the car is putting down with the exhaust.

The exhaust should be exchanged free of charge.

My apexi exhaust has been caught on the parking garage spikes and the hangers were bent good, I bent them back and I still havent lost a hanger or seen the welds come undone.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

I dont see how the hanger could have went **** up like it did because of the driving unless this guy takes his evo on mudruns.

Goodluck.....................

BTW Poppoff speaks the truth.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 09:23 PM

It's obviously a manufacturing defect, they should own up and get you a new one for free.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Towelie
It's obviously a manufacturing defect, they should own up and get you a new one for free.
That would require him to call Vishnu first . Every exhaust manufacturer has run into these problems. It isn't just Vishnu.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jj_008
That would require him to call Vishnu first . Every exhaust manufacturer has run into these problems. It isn't just Vishnu.
Show me another exhaust that has done that thats even worth buying.
Vishnu should own up and post in here saying what he is going to do about this situation. Thats why these threads are made, not locked, therefore the manufacture can explain the situation. And offer a solution.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Airpoppoff
Show me another exhaust that has done that thats even worth buying.
Vishnu should own up and post in here saying what he is going to do about this situation. Thats why these threads are made, not locked, therefore the manufacture can explain the situation. And offer a solution.
Buschur used to have problems w/ hangers and w/ the exhaust hitting the drive line. There have been downpipes that were designed to clear the tie bar, but end up hitting it. Hell, I have an RnR downpipe that would need a 2" spacer on the tie bar in order to work (in which those bastards wouldn't do anything for me). Sometimes there are defects in production. It happens to every exhaust fabricator.

The manufacturer has to know about the thread inorder to give a response. This should of been put in the Vishnu Forum where they would see it. Or better yet, maybe call them first . This thread would make more sense if he called Vishnu and they told him to **** off.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jj_008
Buschur used to have problems w/ hangers and w/ the exhaust hitting the drive line. There have been downpipes that were designed to clear the tie bar, but end up hitting it. Hell, I have an RnR downpipe that would need a 2" spacer on the tie bar in order to work (in which those bastards wouldn't do anything for me). Sometimes there are defects in production. It happens to every exhaust fabricator.

The manufacturer has to know about the thread inorder to give a response. This should of been put in the Vishnu Forum where they would see it. Or better yet, maybe call them first . This thread would make more sense if he called Vishnu and they told him to **** off.
David knew there was problems, And fixed them, now he does not have that problem anymore, He also was the very first on to make an exhaust for it, usually there is a trial and error much greater with that circumstance.

RNR is ghetto, Everyone knows that, Anyone who buys RNR should know they are getting a complete pile of crap, all RNR is known for is crappy shipping times, horrible customer service, and crappy products.

I agree exactly with what you said in the 2nd paragraph.

Quick Reply: Vishnu signature series exhaust problem