Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Highly modded EVO or 00' Viper GTS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Highly modded EVO or 00' Viper GTS?

Yes, another boring "What would you do thread?"

So, here is the question, highly modded EVO like the infamous Black "AMS" EVO as it is always called or a 00' Viper GTS?

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome and like many say EVO's get "dicks" and Vipers get "chicks". That doesn't apply to me because I am married, but the awe factor is definately there.

I drove a 00' GTS with 13K on the clock yesterday. It had K&N, smooth flow bellows, exhaust, and a 125 shot.

Except for the long hood all the "Bad interior", "Squeaky", comments you always read about on forums.....I saw none. Everywhere we went every head in every car looked at least once. The power, brakes, did I say power? Are unreal for a stock car. The owner never brought the car to the track, and he wouldn't let me press the button, but we swapped seats and he sprayed it. It felt every bit like a 130mph trapping car. The A/C worked fine in 95 degree Louisiana heat for the 2 hours we drove and sat in traffic.

As you can tell I was very impressed. From a speed standpoint trapping 130mph+ on pump gas is awesome, and of course the max factor is higher. My only gripes are the stock rims, it's a 2 seater, and the long hood.

Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i loved the 00 viper gts. one of the coolest meanest cars out there. very different car than the evo. seems like an odd choice to be making. my answer,... go with the new Z06
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

how much are the cars ?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

if your main concern is people looking at you get the viper
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by spm1024
if your main concern is people looking at you get the viper

I would have to agree with that.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:13 PM

I would say Turbo that viper. Now that is a fast head turner. I have thought about selling my supra and getting a 98-02 GTS and adding twin turbos to it. Pump gas and 800 to 1000 hp and the tq to match.

Last edited by Mad TKD; Sep 30, 2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

if you are going to use it to turn head get the viper, if u want a sleeper thats also fun get the evo, traction on a viper will be tough with that much hp will smoke the tires, thats always fun
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
new z06
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

yea man...i would have to get both. but if i had to chose...more fun with the evo, but for pure speed and looks the GTS
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

+1 for new z06 if thats an added option
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

i would get the evo!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I would agree with the Z06 as it couldn't be that much more and would handle better too. Motor Trend said it is underrated at 505HP and is really closer to 550HP and it traps around 125-127 stock with a warranty!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

for the price of a new Evo you can buy a 96 viper with the alum block (94-95 had iron) for about 35K it just depends on what you want. 2 seater with dodge quality and fit and finish or the Evo with 4 doors. Rear wheel drive cars with high hp do not make nice daily drivers when ever it rains or the roads are wet you will be driving at the speed limit or below to keep from hitting a pudel and spinning out. I drive my buddies blown stang with 500whp and it is frightining to drive when NOT under ideal conditions. It is just another type of fun. You must ask your self what do you want? I am keeping my evo if I had a viper I would mod it right away it makes a good weekend car but try spraying from a dig and you will never put the power down on the street with the viper an dot tires. what are you looking for?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

I've been blessed with the chance to drive a 04 Viper SRT-10. As nice as that car sounds and as exotic as the car looks, if you like to drive, you would not feel very comfortable in a car like the viper. Its definitely a nice car, but you have no visiblity of anything. The car is all over the place after a bump on the road, but that maybe because I'm in the northeast where potholes are infamous for swallowing cars. I am definitely bias, cause... well you know...
Old Sep 30, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badlooser
for the price of a new Evo you can buy a 96 viper with the alum block (94-95 had iron) for about 35K it just depends on what you want. 2 seater with dodge quality and fit and finish or the Evo with 4 doors. Rear wheel drive cars with high hp do not make nice daily drivers when ever it rains or the roads are wet you will be driving at the speed limit or below to keep from hitting a pudel and spinning out. I drive my buddies blown stang with 500whp and it is frightining to drive when NOT under ideal conditions. It is just another type of fun. You must ask your self what do you want? I am keeping my evo if I had a viper I would mod it right away it makes a good weekend car but try spraying from a dig and you will never put the power down on the street with the viper an dot tires. what are you looking for?
+1

for the most part rwd cars generally suck in the rain. my stang has roughly 300 under the hood (i know its not alot) and i spun out in the middle of the road after shifting into second (not even going fast) on a very slick street, right after it had rained. so yes, if its your DD, then def go with the EVO