Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IX's come standard with the JDM MR bov

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today

On the first episode of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES......

OHHHHH...why does the EVO IX have more power now.....is it because it comes with the JDM MR BOV? It holds more boost and when Mitsu tested the motor they used a BOV that leaked and said forget it?

UHHHH.....UHHHH...no. The IX has more power because the turbine, turbine housing and inlet have been redesigned for the IX. How did the evo community miss this? We will solve this mystery on our next episode titled......Why evo owners cant read.

The reason why prior years made more power is obvoius....because the stock valves start leaking around 19 psi on average and people are boosting the engine much higher thus it leaks.......
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 20valves20lbs

OHHHHH...why does the EVO IX have more power now.....is it because it comes with the JDM MR BOV? It holds more boost and when Mitsu tested the motor they used a BOV that leaked and said forget it?

UHHHH.....UHHHH...no. The IX has more power because the turbine, turbine housing and inlet have been redesigned for the IX. How did the evo community miss this? We will solve this mystery on our next episode titled......Why evo owners cant read.

The reason why prior years made more power is obvoius....because the stock valves start leaking around 19 psi on average and people are boosting the engine much higher thus it leaks.......
LMAO. My sentiments exactly!
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 20valves20lbs

I saw a comparission somewhere of the turbos and the IX gets a larger looking one for sure.

Dave
Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaveLC2
I saw a comparission somewhere of the turbos and the IX gets a larger looking one for sure.

Dave
Yes, that is in the Best Motoring Dvd with the EVO IX mega test which I own. And yes, they do come with em as now TWO of my friends have Evo IX's. One of which is Late Apex on here, and one who picked one up like 2 days ago. He isn't a member on here though, as least to the best of my knowledge.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
omg what a reason to wait
I hope you realize I was being a little sarcastic.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need the part number from the evo ix turbo....someone tear their car apart already and help me out.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I felt my car stronger after the MR valve. Btw, stock boost pressure.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I need the part number from the evo ix turbo....someone tear their car apart already and help me out.
call the dealer and get it....its a factory part....in fact here is the phone enumber to one

1 800 411 9191
Old Oct 2, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
and dynos have fluctuations from run to run of up to 10 hp... it's called a sigma.