Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

got hated on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fa$[- a$ $hi[-
them marines....they just don't know any better. or are you army....of one?
you never know who has a gun or knows jujitsu . i just laugh it off!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWDrift07
i read this thread the other day. I had never been treated poorly by any performance car owner imports or domestic. i couldn't understand why anyone would do that to someone when they were admiring a car, until yesterday...

i was sitting at a light when i sudddenly felt and heard the familiar rumble of a carbed muscle car. I may drive an STi but i love performance cars in general especially muscle cars because thast what i was brought up on.

I turn around to see a sweet red convertible 1970 (i am pretty sure) Olds 442 with the top down in immaculate condition rolling up next to me in the turning lane. The guy caught me admiring his car so i smiled and gave the guy the thumbs up. He flipped me off!! Bwah!?!?

Then,when the light changed, he roasted his tires all the way through the turn. i couldn't understand it!! I thought it was pretty obvious by the look of awe and the thumbs up that i liked his car.

This was my first ever driver snub! And i have to say it hurt!
What a jerk. I hope he wrecks it.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

yea i have been flipped off bye just about every thing including a couple of EVO's but hey its ok, i dont care.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Well what are you going to do? Better men drive the better car!!!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
What a jerk. I hope he wrecks it.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Be a bigger man about it, just let it go.

I beaten this 911 the other day and the guy was sooooooo pissed off for some reason. I try to give him a thumbs up anyways for having a such a nice car and I know he saw me doing that but just simply ingore me. This is some dude in his mid 30s or 40s.

I always give ppl thumbs up no matter if I loose or win, especially when I loose cause most of the time when I win, the car that lost doesn't want to catch up with me at all.. just stay wayyy da F in the back and cruise.

Bascially driving an EVO gets props from majority of the people.

As for the 240 incident, I own an S13 with SR20DET that dyno at 300whp. My 03 is use as my daily driver. hehe LOVE them both the same tho.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:45 PM

idiots, that's all. evo owners can be the same way too.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
Be a bigger man about it, just let it go.

I beaten this 911 the other day and the guy was sooooooo pissed off for some reason. I try to give him a thumbs up anyways for having a such a nice car and I know he saw me doing that but just simply ingore me. This is some dude in his mid 30s or 40s.

I always give ppl thumbs up no matter if I loose or win, especially when I loose cause most of the time when I win, the car that lost doesn't want to catch up with me at all.. just stay wayyy da F in the back and cruise.

Bascially driving an EVO gets props from majority of the people.

As for the 240 incident, I own an S13 with SR20DET that dyno at 300whp. My 03 is use as my daily driver. hehe LOVE them both the same tho.
Well, there are sore losers, and sore winners alike. If you lose, they'll flick you off, and if you win, they'll flick you off.

What really pisses me off is that everyone thinks just because someone else wants to race, it's a personal attack against them. Is it possible that said other person is just out enjoying their car too?

Like you, I always give a nod of approval or something, win or lose. The only circumstance that I don't give any type of approval is if the guy's a total *** bag. I can't tell you how many times I get the quintessential idiot in the SRT4 pulling up alongside of me and talking sh*t, or revving at me leaning his head all the way out his window with some "I'm the sh*t" look on his face. I had this happen as I passed one in an intersection going the opposite direction. I just gave him a . It wasn't a matter of me not liking his car. It was a matter of him being a jerk. Whenever I come across some guy acting like an *** bag, I don't even give him my time. I'll just stare at him, and while doing so, put the window up on him.

Fishboy, I agree that some Evo drivers can be jerks, but you run into jerks regardless of what type of car they're driving. I've run into jerks in Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, Porsches, Evos, STis, WRXs, you name it. Just avoid some of these people. I don't take it personally. Some people are just *** bags.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fishboy
idiots, that's all. evo owners can be the same way too.
Yep. Here in the NY tri state area, I'm afraid I've seen more spoiled punk, jerk off kids in EVO's than any other car out there.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
Yep. Here in the NY tri state area, I'm afraid I've seen more spoiled punk, jerk off kids in EVO's than any other car out there.
Hell, you'll find'em in BMWs and STis too. I think it's mainly the ones that have their cars handed to them by mommy and daddy.