Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The black EVO From FL Comes back Home

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
ok first off lets leave this on topic.

Secondly we have had several people tell us that this evo or that Evo is going to run 8's we welcome the challange. it just pushes us harder. I can tell you that in order to make an 8 sec pass on a close to full weight Evo the car would have to put down well over 1000 hp to the wheels. I dont know the specifics on that black car pictured about but that turbo or that FMIC will not support 1000 hp. so unless he has a completely different setup getting tossed on there I really dont see how 8's are feasable.

As far as turbo placement goes, its nothing new. Lots of drag cars turn the turbo like that and run a slim radiator. we opted not to because it takes away from the streetability of the car.

so once again guys please keep this on track. No fighting

Eric

I never thought of it that way but it makes sense. The Spearco intercooler that that EVO is using looks like the one Gruppe-S sells for $950....but I think there are still better alternatives that perform just as well or better for less money.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
If I built an EVO with that kinda power I prolly wouldnt use it as a daily driver.

With a daily driver I would prolly just put a T3/T4, GT3076, and maybe a 35R but nothing bigger...

I already have a GT35R and if Chris set up it work for Daily driver am getting one Done!! if AMS will make them available

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Oct 19, 2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly with tuning and the advancements in AEM EMS software, injector driver boxes etc this can be a VERY streetable car. dont worry guys we are making this kit with you sick bastards in mind that want a 800 hp street car. You are all after my own heart! lol

Eric
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly with tuning and the advancements in AEM EMS software, injector driver boxes etc this can be a VERY streetable car. dont worry guys we are making this kit with you sick bastards in mind that want a 800 hp street car. You are all after my own heart! lol

Eric
LOL!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Oct 18, 2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Eric
Looking forward to that kit coming out soon
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throw a 150 shot in there for chris and consider that guy toast
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric

I'd have to drive it (or be taken for a ride) to believe it.....

Does your shop have demonstration cars for customers looking to upgrade turbos? I mean cars available for test drives???

I'd love to compare how your kits, from GT3071, 3076, 35R, 40R, 42R feel in different EVO's
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Eric
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aux.
Yeah but thats my question . With all the mods that most of you guys have on your cars , how does that play on your fuel milage ?
Since the bigger turbos spool later, and you have a fuel-specific tune, daily driving fuel economy should actually be better ... with one big caveat ... stay off boost. So on a several hundred mile road trip, putzing around at 70-80mph, fuel economy should be as good, if not better than stock.

l8r)
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if u have the money for all this i dont think gas prices are really an issue
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
We received this reported post from one our members concerning this thread:

Could someone give this thread a lobotomy? It's like a bus full of school girls playing grab-*** and name calling.

We agree. Fireball spent a considerable amount of his time cleaning up after a few knuckleheads. If you don't like a member's comments concerning you or your car or your buddy or your buddies car, then REPORT it. If you ruin our threads with your stupid fighting you will be banned. We don't need or want you. We have four names from this thread and one more off topic/flaming peep out of any of you and your time here is finished. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

I can't wait to see more vidoes, we should allow this car's videos on evom...
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
throw a 150 shot in there for chris and consider that guy toast
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:34 PM

AMS,
What is the next major step? What is the current time frame? Meaning, when do you currently expect it to be finished?

Chris,
Have you recieved any nibles from Modified or SCC?

I have to go change my pants now
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Eric
Maybe the mivec will come in handy now with people wanting to net 800hp. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: The black EVO From FL Comes back Home