Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The black EVO From FL Comes back Home

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic "style" radiators arent a new thing. People have been using them with LARGE turbos for quite some time now...they are fine and cause no overheating issues.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:53 AM

Eric do you know when you guys are going to make this kit for sale to the general public? Just out of curiosity can you run a setup like chris's for daily driving on 93 octane? If so what psi are we looking at? Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Chris runs 93 in his car. Racegas most of the time because he's a baller and has drums of C16 at his house. (Im jealous by the way) He runs 93 though when he travels and he'll be running 93 on the way home Chicago. Thing was a beast on pump gas too. I think he was running 22psi with no Alky kit.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Well Im sure you all know by now the famous black EVO VIII from Pennsacola FL that was beating up on everything with 8 cylinders and 4 wheels. If you have really been paying attention you might of even heard through the grapevine that Mr Strother has decided to modify his car even further. Apparently 600 plus WHP isnt enough....a man after our own heart.

This thread over the next few weeks will be dedicated to the progression of Chris's car here at AMS as it gets its newest list of goodies.

-AMS GT42R Turbo Kit
-AMS Race FMIC Intercooler kit with 3" piping
-AMS Alky Injection Kit
-Possible toss some nitrous at it
-And last but not least a Rock solid tune from the Guru Himself...Martin

We never really had any intention of making a GT42R kit but upon our record setting passes and alot of anxious phone calls we simply couldnt let you guys down. What kind of company would we be if we didnt offer a turbo option that is bigger then your head lol.

Here are the first set of pictures on a long list to come. This is Mr Strother When he hit out door on saturday ready to begin operation....Beat everything lol. Way to go Chris we are always happy to meet someone as sick and twisted about HP as we are.

I will do my best to keep popping in here at often as possible with new pictures and development stages.

Eric

Oh Yes! I love that Evo, it's legendary... That's partly what made me buy an Evo.

I liked those videos so much ... I saved them.

Old Nov 4, 2005, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

no new pics yet??? AMS lets get on the ball!!!!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Milltown Inc
no new pics yet??? AMS lets get on the ball!!!!
I am sure we will have new pics in a week or so, there shop its closed cause there at SEMA
Old Nov 4, 2005, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea the shop is closed currently. As above poster said we are attending sema and will reopen monday. We will go from there.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for the dealy guys we were in vegas conducting *cough* buisness *cough* seriously the show was great for us. that buildoff was awesome.

As far as the release date goes I still cant divuldge any information yet but you will of course be the first to know.

The radiator will cool fine. As Kunal said small radiators are nothing new to this industry. I wouldnt advise it for road racing.....that being said this car is far from ever seeing a road race course.

I will try and get you guys some pics here in the near future. The fabrication end of it is almost done. We actually had the parts sent to the high temp coater while we were at Sema so we should be getting them back here pretty soon. As soon as that happens ill post up the bling and get some close to finalized shots. Thanks again guys for all the support in this thread. we will be sure not to disapoint

Eric
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Eric let me know if you need a stock '05 dd for any sort of "test" (if you get my drift).
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

sounds good, great progress...cant wait to see the pics and vid?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
sounds good, great progress...cant wait to see the pics and vid?
I believe KevPSR made a post about a mailing list for the videos when they are made, go back in the thread and find it if you haven't signed up
Old Nov 8, 2005, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I am definatly already signed up...
Old Nov 8, 2005, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

OK guys here is where she sat right before all the parts left for coating. the downpipe was finished, dumptubes set and welded, Header complete, WG placement complete and just a few more things to button up before we toss her on the rollers. We are using the small radiator despite any pictures of the stock one. Also those wastegates are sticktly for fitament. Chis will be using the purple ones.

Eric

Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:00 AM

can't wait to see her run!

good job AMS
Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:51 AM

Damn, that's nice! Good job!

Quick Reply: The black EVO From FL Comes back Home