Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The black EVO From FL Comes back Home

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur's RS that competed in the 4cyl shootout was commended for it's drivability and civilness. Dave said that many judges were impressed when they found out the car had a standalone. He also said he probably has over 100 hours in the tune too. To get it perfect takes time.

As far as the engine blowing up there are no guarantees when pushing 350-400hp per liter through ANY mass produced engine!! I personally think everything will work out just fine.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTR R35 3.5L V6 that is where you`ll get the real power!!!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
I BET,It wount be everyday car!!!Zero pleasure on the streets....
Impossible! HUGE lag and only Race fuel.
Cant see any sence to ride on pump fuel....DRAG CAR,not even track.
Chris you must install DOG BOX with seqential shifter to realize all potential of your car!
Look at Norris`s evo...
It must be a second car if you are not kamikadze!

It`s interesting how much power will you have at 20psi of boost and what will be the spool up(on pump gas)?
I'm very interested in the spool and want to see the 4600-4800rpms full boost that was guesstimated. I think it will be 5K or over, but if AMS can get this thing to hit full boost at 4600-4800rpm they will have won me over 100%. No A/C would kill it for me living in Louisiana night or not it's freaking hot down here in the summer with no A/C. In the day it is unbearable!! My mostly stock EVO isn't a DD, so I would bet a left nut his isn't! Joking of course

Can't wait to see the spool up and max HP difference from the 35R to the 42R running the same PSI! KevPSR did Chris's car dyno at 680awhp in Fla?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
I'm very interested in the spool and want to see the 4600-4800rpms full boost that was guesstimated. I think it will be 5K or over, but if AMS can get this thing to hit full boost at 4600-4800rpm they will have won me over 100%. No A/C would kill it for me living in Louisiana night or not it's freaking hot down here in the summer with no A/C. In the day it is unbearable!! My mostly stock EVO isn't a DD, so I would bet a left nut his isn't! Joking of course

Can't wait to see the spool up and max HP difference from the 35R to the 42R running the same PSI! KevPSR did Chris's car dyno at 680awhp in Fla?
Man about which 4800RPM are you talking about?
With 2.3+GT35 i have full boost at 4800-5000RPM
With GT42 pray on 5500-6000RPM!!!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Somewhere in this ulra long thread the guesstimate of 4600-4800rpms to hit full boost on Chris's stroker was made by AMS. I'm not talking about 35R's or any other setup just this 42R on Chris's 2.3l stroker.

I said AMS would win me over if they could get this thing to hit full boost at the above RPM. Like I said I personally think 5K+.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

...With 2.3+GT35 i have full boost at 4800-5000RPM
With GT42 pray on 5500-6000RPM!!!
That doesn't seem right. I've seen the AMS shop car hit full boost by 4200 rpm when it had the gt35r in it (2.0 block).

l8r)
Old Dec 7, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

I BET,It wount be everyday car!!!Zero pleasure on the streets....
Impossible! HUGE lag and only Race fuel.
Cant see any sence to ride on pump fuel....DRAG CAR,not even track.
Chris you must install DOG BOX with seqential shifter to realize all potential of your car!
Look at Norris`s evo...
It must be a second car if you are not kamikadze!

It`s interesting how much power will you have at 20psi of boost and what will be the spool up(on pump gas)?
Everybody said the same thing about 35R's and I can't imagine going any smaller than a 35R after driving mine. I don't know how the 42R is yet but I am pretty sure it isn't going to be zero pleasure on the streets LOL and like I have said in the past I run racegas because I like the benefits not because I have to. My car has only been to the track 1 time since I first got it back from AMS so it's hardly a drag car but I have thought about the dogbox if I end up having to build my tranny, I figure I can live with the whine LOL. The only reason I would even hesitate to drive my car would be because I don't want to put useless miles on it not because it's a pain to drive.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

So, juice is fake HP? Hmmmm, didn't know that! When I road in a 01' Viper with a 150 shot it sure didn't feel fake to me.

In all seriousness what's the difference? Nitrous, Blower, Turbo it's all about making power. The whole "When the bottle is empty your HP is too" argument doesn't work because once your out of race gas your power is gone too.

When you get to the level that his car is at anyway it's all about running the number, so I say throw some sauce on it!

probably one of the only post in awhile that I have read that is common sense driven and not b*!!**** driven...Nice post!!!!!

Throw the sauce at that bad boy and let her fly!!!!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Somewhere in this ulra long thread the guesstimate of 4600-4800rpms to hit full boost on Chris's stroker was made by AMS. I'm not talking about 35R's or any other setup just this 42R on Chris's 2.3l stroker.

I said AMS would win me over if they could get this thing to hit full boost at the above RPM. Like I said I personally think 5K+.
They said there car hits full boost by 5200-5500 and that I should see a minimum of 300rpm faster spoolup and we had figured that the spool would be in the area of mid to high 4's so more like 4500-5000 is what I was thinking but we all will know soon LOL.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 09:42 PM

what a work of art
Old Dec 8, 2005, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolving-04
Everybody said the same thing about 35R's and I can't imagine going any smaller than a 35R after driving mine. I don't know how the 42R is yet but I am pretty sure it isn't going to be zero pleasure on the streets LOL and like I have said in the past I run racegas because I like the benefits not because I have to. My car has only been to the track 1 time since I first got it back from AMS so it's hardly a drag car but I have thought about the dogbox if I end up having to build my tranny, I figure I can live with the whine LOL. The only reason I would even hesitate to drive my car would be because I don't want to put useless miles on it not because it's a pain to drive.
So what was your spool up with GT35?
I have full boost about 4800-5000 with 2.3+GT35
Dont believe in tales
Old Dec 8, 2005, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolving-04
i know exactly where you are coming from...that's why my 2001 E7 has less than 30,000miles on it.
I can use it everyday if i like...but i've got another car to use...so why beat on the evo....esp since roads down here have potholes all over!! rather the other car take the hassle of everyday driving than my evo.

that being said...a dog box is kind of extreme imo...but it would shave a couple tenths off your 1/4's...but u seem like u like the 'road race' type thing rather than the track...so the tranny u have now should be perfect.
should last u a while even with that much power since from what i've seen ur races are from a roll.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

So what was your spool up with GT35?
I have full boost about 4800-5000 with 2.3+GT35
Dont believe in tales
I had full spool (35psi) right around 3800-4000rpm and on pump it spooled just as fast (24psi and I never paid attn to what rpm). Someone a few posts back just said they saw the shop car hit full spool by 4200rpm (with the 35R) so why is it so hard to belive? With my car I was able to cruise around town without even being in boost at all faster than most traffic so why would it be hard to drive on the street if spool is an issue?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

so what is the news on the car?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
i know exactly where you are coming from...that's why my 2001 E7 has less than 30,000miles on it.
I can use it everyday if i like...but i've got another car to use...so why beat on the evo....esp since roads down here have potholes all over!! rather the other car take the hassle of everyday driving than my evo.

that being said...a dog box is kind of extreme imo...but it would shave a couple tenths off your 1/4's...but u seem like u like the 'road race' type thing rather than the track...so the tranny u have now should be perfect.
should last u a while even with that much power since from what i've seen ur races are from a roll.
Yeah I was just curious about it still not sure but I tend to go overboard a little sometimes and I figured if it's just the noise aspect then I can live with it because my car isn't exactly quiet LOL. Most of the roll racing was at the other parties request personally I would like to show up on full hoosiers and be like you ready LOL but I still have to do a little drivetrain work esp. now LOL.

Quick Reply: The black EVO From FL Comes back Home